Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There appear to be some cuts here. Last night we arrived at 7PM and only one staff was working the lounge desk (not a problem) and only one staff was working the floor... and he was harried.

This morning we were up early from jet lag and hit the lounge at 6:30AM promptly for breakfast. It was being set up by one staff who never stopped moving but wasn't finalized until 6:45 (meaning we couldn't order anything).

At 10AM when we came back for coffee there were 4 floor staff which seems oddly scheduled.

This evening there are 2 staff working the floor so last night could have been a one-off.

However the food, both breakfast and in the evening, seems more limited.

Our room was uncomfortably humid but we were too tired to do anything about it yesterday. At the lounge this morning Stephen, who seems to be the longest running lounge staff, did an awesome job getting us a new room. It wasn't an upgraded room like we were initially given but I'd much rather be comfortable.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Diamond paid with cash, no DSU. Only got the deluxe room but didn't get the bay view one. Should we suppose get the best room beside suite? What room did other diamond get? Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I've always had the mountain/pool views at this property, though they've given me very nice rooms on that side. The view from the 25th floor lounge makes up for that very quickly. I posted some photos in this thread back in October. LINK

More photos HERE.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milemission
Diamond paid with cash, no DSU. Only got the deluxe room but didn't get the bay view one. Should we suppose get the best room beside suite? What room did other diamond get? Thank you!
Originally Posted by tom911
I've always had the mountain/pool views at this property, though they've given me very nice rooms on that side. The view from the 25th floor lounge makes up for that very quickly. I posted some photos in this thread back in October. LINK

More photos HERE.
With possibly one exception I've also only had mountain views on all my stays.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
I am staying here now. I used a DSU and received a Regency Harbour View Suite on the 25th floor.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: A3*G
I am at the Hyatt Sha Tin this week. Applied a DSU and got a harbour view suite on the 15th floor. The hotel is very nice and with the MTR it's fairly easy to reach central Hong Kong.

Does anyone know if the lounge serves evening drinks and at what hours?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ErnstH
I am at the Hyatt Sha Tin this week. Applied a DSU and got a harbour view suite on the 15th floor. The hotel is very nice and with the MTR it's fairly easy to reach central Hong Kong.

Does anyone know if the lounge serves evening drinks and at what hours?
Cocktails and food from 5-8 pm. The food has been scaled back over the last year.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Cocktails and food from 5-8 pm. The food has been scaled back over the last year.
I'd even venture to say "scaled back significantly".
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Hyatt Regency Sha Tin

We had a 2 night stay there this week. Received as Diamond a nice room on the 25th (clubroom) floor with pool/mountain view. Room was spacious and even included a kitchen. A rollaway bed was placed inside the room, but two rollaways would also have been possible as the room was at least 40m2.

Clublounge offerings were ok, but nothing special. Hot options in the morning and evenings could only be ordered. Some small bites in the evening like fried mushrooms or shrimps. And in the morning an omelet or fried egg. They did bring new food to the buffet all the times, so no empty plates there. However nothing really special. Drinks offerings in the evening were pretty good, some gin/whiskey/wodka/rum etc. And several beers and wines. Breakfast we only used in the club, again nothing to write home about. However fresh croisants and chocolate croisants.

Food at the pool was really expensive, small portions and very slow service. Do not recommend this at all!

In general it is an ok place for a few nights and with the MRT just outside the hotel a good short term alternative for an expensive hotel in the city (although not if you want to go to the HK Island side).

Last edited by EHAM1; Aug 1, 2016 at 8:09 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:21 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Against my better judgment, I spent a night here last week, and I was immediately reminded why I so rarely make the trek out here. The upgrade situation remains mysterious. I was given a mountain view room despite ample harbor view availability; in fact, I'd call it partial mountain view, on account of having only a half window and being adjacent to the protrusion in the building (xx40 room). Why a Diamond would end up in this room while -according to the website- so many better rooms are wide open remains a mystery, but that's what they do here. I did end up turning one stay credit (at HR TST) into three (TST, Sha Tin, TST), so mission accomplished in a way, but all things considered (transfer, bad upgrades, poor club, hotel in the middle of nowhere, current low rates at TST), this place isn't worth the aggravation.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
This property has a very attractive rate called "5 Day Limited Time Offer" when searching for several dates in October, but I can't find anywhere saying when the offer actually ends. Is this the same as the 'standard' advance purchase rate?

Rate rules:
Reduced Rate: Tax Exclusive: Full prepayment and non-refundable at time of booking: - Book 3 days in advance required forfeit of the payment for the nights no longer confirmed

Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy.
Full Prepay At Time Of Booking/Non Refundable
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:10 am

Does anyone have experience with the XX13 rooms here? They're corner rooms with more space than the regular rooms based on the email correspondence I've had with the hotel, but that doesn't really guarantee they're 'better' as such. This is regarding a longer term stay (20+ days) so the exact room config may end up being quite important.

Does anyone have a floor plan at hand?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by staff
Does anyone have experience with the XX13 rooms here? They're corner rooms with more space than the regular rooms based on the email correspondence I've had with the hotel, but that doesn't really guarantee they're 'better' as such. This is regarding a longer term stay (20+ days) so the exact room config may end up being quite important.

Does anyone have a floor plan at hand?
are these the rooms with a small kitchen?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by EHAM1
are these the rooms with a small kitchen?
It should be a standard Club Room, but if they come with any additional features thanks to their larger size I am not sure about.

I've only stayed in a XX40 room in the past, which is the smallest room config with no bathtub, only a half row of windows and partially blocked view due to being next to the protrusion in the building.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by staff
I've only stayed in a XX40 room in the past, which is the smallest room config with no bathtub, only a half row of windows and partially blocked view due to being next to the protrusion in the building.
Never stayed in a xx13 room, but the xx40 room is as you describe. This seems to be the standard Diamond upgrade for me, which is a little surprising, as I always ask to be "downgraded" to a room with a view.

I'd try for a room with a water view -- they're only marginally smaller than those obstructed view corner rooms, and a lot less depressing IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.