Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tom911
It has to be more than a standard room. Friends at the hotel with me did not have the sofa or the amount of floor space I had. Maybe not a suite, but certainly some type of upgraded room.
I had the same room type. Not a suite but more than sufficient space.

Originally Posted by gemini573

As far as the cocktails at the lounge, didn't really pay attention. HOWEVER, I thought Sha Tin had more to offer on the buffet than TST.
Just looked back at my pics from a mid-Nov stay and apparently I didn't take the booze selection. I do remember being pleasantly surprised 1) to find Havana Club rum, not a food group I normally go for but it was pleasant that evening, and 2) cocktails/food were served from 5-9PM.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Did go over to the Sha Tin mall and sort out the A41 bus back to the airport. Terminal is not easy to find. If you come in from the train station, it's down the escalator across the hallway from Burberry's. Bus runs every 20 mins most of the day and is $HKD22.30 one way.
If I get off the A41 bus here from the airport, is it easy to find a taxi nearby to get to the hotel (at night)? Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I wasn't there at night so really can't tell you. Very likely you'd have to trek from the bus terminal to somewhere outside the shopping mall to find a cab.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Thanks Tom. Where does the hotel shuttle drop off and pick up? The shuttle schedule says Sha Tin MTR Station, but at Pai Tau Street, which seems a few blocks away.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:28 am

I didn't use the hotel shuttle. I just took the train over there and walked right into the shopping mall.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevino
If I get off the A41 bus here from the airport, is it easy to find a taxi nearby to get to the hotel (at night)? Thanks.
I did this at 7PM and directly outside the bus area was a taxi queue. Not sure what time you will be arriving and the first taxi had no idea where the hotel was. YMMV.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:02 pm

Thanks! Is it possible to find the hotel shuttle stop near the MTR Station at Pai Tau Street, from the A41 bus stop? I will have luggage and hope to catch the last hotel shuttle to the hotel, departing the MTR Station at 10:40pm.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
will be here on the 7th of FEB! Looking forward to it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:28 pm

I ended up taking the A41 bus to the Sha Tin terminal. I took the escalator up to the shopping level and walked through it to the MTR station. I could have waited for the hotel shuttle to pick me up at the street level (which I could see from the shopping level) but I would have had to wait about 45m and I didn't know exactly where the shuttle picks up. Taking the MTR two stops was ok even though I had lots of luggage.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by kevino
I ended up taking the A41 bus to the Sha Tin terminal. I took the escalator up to the shopping level and walked through it to the MTR station. I could have waited for the hotel shuttle to pick me up at the street level (which I could see from the shopping level) but I would have had to wait about 45m and I didn't know exactly where the shuttle picks up. Taking the MTR two stops was ok even though I had lots of luggage.
This is the best way, taking MTR and walk to the hotel. I did take a taxi one time from bus terminal, and it took longer and much more expensive if not mistaken HK$60.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by karung99
This is the best way, taking MTR and walk to the hotel. I did take a taxi one time from bus terminal, and it took longer and much more expensive if not mistaken HK$60.
You are right, taxi should be around $60 including luggage.
But if you are taking taxi directly from airport, it's about $290 (including tolls), if you are going with family (3-4 pax) probably getting a taxi would be a better idea.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checked in (again) this evening and was alerted to a new shuttle running from the hotel, and Sha Tin Courtyard, to the airport. The only times mentioned were 9 and 11AM but there might be other times that simply didn't work for my departure tomorrow.

At the moment it's 120 HKD per person and only to the airport. Currently, as explained by lounge staff, it's in an initial evaluation period. This must have started in the last 10 days because nothing wsa mentioned in my last stay.

The staff here continues to give wonderful and warm service.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:41 pm

Another nice room, this time on the 17th floor:

Made it to the Heritage Museum which has a very good Bruce Lee exhibition, as well as the Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, while based out here. Another great stay.

View from the 25th floor Regency Club:

Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another nice room, this time on the 17th floor:
I was put in that room type earlier last year when i was trying to use up DSUs. I'm rather fond of the hotel.

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 1, 2015 at 7:16 am Reason: Removal of quoted pic
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Looking to stay one night on an overnight transfer in the spring, and wondering a bit about AP transport for 2 pax with little luggage. Do these sound like the best options?

1) A41 bus + MTR + walk, approx. 90 min, about 53 HKD (for 2 pax)

2) Direct taxi, approx. 30 min, about 290 HKD

I don't see much advantage to the Airport Express + taxi, which sounds like 40 min, 250 HKD

Considering the bus to the hotel, since we'll be in no rush, and taxi back to the AP. Is the bus ride at all scenic (to us that would be any type of urban view)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.