Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Feature - "E-STANDBY UPGRADE" - "Request Discounted Room Upgrade In Advance"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Feature - "E-STANDBY UPGRADE" - "Request Discounted Room Upgrade In Advance"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by YuPiMSPECL
Available at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Drive as well...

Automatically defaults for Regency Club Room stating "Hyatt Gold Passport Ugrade Based Upon Availability" no charge is indicated.

Extra $39 a night for a Junior Avenue Suite (510 sq. ft.),$69 for a Premuim Suite(510-722 sq. ft.), and $299 for a VIP Suite(818-2500 sq. ft.). I think I'll pass and just pray they don't overcharge me $200 this time...

For the same hotel (I'm new to Hyatt so no status) and using the FFN cert, I was offered $9 View Room, $25 Regency Club Room and $35 Junior Suite. Of course I eagerly accepted but I was wondering what chances are of getting the upgrade upon check-in (and if an earlier check-in is a good thing...)
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Has anyone been offered this at Kauai as yet? If so, could you submit the details? Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just booked the Hyatt O'Hare, and was offered the following in eUpgrades:
  • Regency Club - Gold Passport upgrade (amount grayed out, as this is my diamond upgrade)
  • $49 - Junior Suite, 480 - 672 sq ft
  • $129 - VIP Suite, 1,660 sq ft

I'm tempted to click the last one, just to see what a suite as big as a house is like! And it only has one bedroom, though it does have two bathrooms.

* Spacious one-bedroom suite with separate large parlor/living area containing large sofa, love seat, two chairs and a coffee table
* Dining area partitioned off from rest of the parlor and contains dining table with seating for eight, wet bar, and buffet/credenza
* Reading area with two chairs, an ottoman and reading lamp
* Two full bathrooms and huge walk in closet
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I received a similar offer for the Grand Cypress. An executive suite was offered for something like $70 or $100. I wish I would have kept a copy. There were about 4 different room types offered.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Yes, seems this feature is now regularly appearing on my recent spate of bookings for the fall. But I've just confirmed the Regency Club free upgrade for Diamonds, having enough suite credits to take me through the balance of the year until the 2010/11 batch get posted to my account.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:19 am

I received the "offer" too for a booking in November at the Boston Hyatt. DH is Diamond, has a few e-certs left but was hoping to MR between Boston and Cambridge to get a few FFN credits so didn't want to (A) waste a e-cert on a (B) on night stay. The offer he got seems like to be put on a wait list for a comp upgrade to suite since he was Diamond. Will see what happens. Would be nice but doesn't really matter since he's on a really 'affordable" AAA rate that includes breakfast and he'll have access to RC lounge.
Will know more in November.
Carolyn
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:45 am

I just got this for a reward stay in Waikiki. The Regency Club upgrade box was already checked, and I had options for other type rooms for $$$. For example, I could get a Diamond Head view room for $19 per night. A junior suite was $125.

Since diamonds are supposed to get the best available room at check in, I don't quite get this at all. If oceanfront is available, well, I should get it for free. I understand the upcharge for the suite, but not regular rooms.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Personally just received this very first time when making an award reservation for GH NYC. Not really big fan of this hotel and still missing the Stanhope. Was trying to book the Barclay but the hotel was sold out. I might though use my IC RA "override" and get a room there anyway.

Here are the screenshots that I took:

From the confirmation page:

When you click the link you are then taken to NOR1:

Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:12 am

I would gladly pay to guarantee a huge suite for vacations using FFNs where you can't use the Diamond suite upgrades.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:28 am

I just realized.... you got that on an award booking????????

I've only seen it on paid.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I just realized.... you got that on an award booking????????

I've only seen it on paid.
That's what I got on an award reservation yes.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:29 pm

If you think about it, it shouldn't matter to the hotel whether your on an award reservation or a paid stay. It's additional revenue in any case on a room category they still have available @ time of check-in. If you're a Diamond and you agree to pay for an upgrade, they're getting $ for a room that they might have upgraded you to for free anyway.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:22 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Has this only come up for hotels in the US or has anyone seen this for other hotels?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Has this only come up for hotels in the US or has anyone seen this for other hotels?
Ditto... Stayed last month in Jakarta and Singapore, did not receive this wonderful option. However the front desk in Jakarta asked if wanted a suite for another $150 a night? ...
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:41 am

Interesting New Upgrade Options

When booking an award stay at the Lost Pines Resort, I got an e-standby upgrade offer with some curious options:

As a Diamond, I was offered the Premier King at no charge, but not a Regency Club, which would be a $49/night upgrade.

Hyatt Gold Passport Upgrade (Based on Availability)
Premier King, 440 sq. ft.
Save$30 per night

$19 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® Premier Pool King, 440 sq. ft.
First floor guestroom with patio
Save$36 per night

$20 Extra per night South Wing
One of the most requested areas of this expansive resort for guests that take advantage of the resorts abundant offering of amenities such as the spa and restaurants. The South Wing provides easy access to many of the resorts incredible host of activities
Add South Wing placement to your existing reservation or in addition to any of your other upgrade opportunities
Save$30 per night
This is not even an option listed on the hotel's room rate list.

$49 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® Regency Club King, 440 sq. ft.
Enjoy all of the VIP amenities of Regency Club membership including, private concierge and lounge serving breakfast, mid day snacks and evening hors d'oeuvres (cocktails are available for an extra fee)
Spacious Regency Club rooms feature the comfort of a private balcony or patio
Save$26 per night

$59 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® Junior Suite, 770 sq. ft.
Enjoy resort style living in this one bedroom Junior Suite featuring a queen size bed
Oversized accommodations with lavish amenities including plush downy cotton robes
Two 32 inch flat screen TVs
Comfortable sitting area
Save$91 per night

$75 Extra for the entire stay Early Arrival at 12PM
Enjoy the privilege of an Early Arrival

Hotel will confirm the Early Arrival 24hr before Check-In NOTE: This option, if selected, can be awarded in conjunction with your originally reserved room or any of your qualifying eStandby selections.

This one surprises me the most. They always allow an early check-in and use of the resort facilities, even if your room isn't ready. I guess this $75 guarantees you access to your room 4 hours early.

Last edited by DealDetective; Jun 19, 2010 at 8:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.