Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by todorovic
Other will chime in but make sure to double check if your rate is eligible for suite upgrade. You may put yourself in risk of not being able to upgrade if you go through any channel other than Hyatt reservations.
I was wondering about this, however I read through all the terms and conditions and all it states is that it has to be used on 'paid' stays. To me this means any rate which was paid with cash and not points/FFN??
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:56 pm

I think "paid" stay is defined as paid directly to the hotel. so wholesale channel rates are not eligible. I am debating as well...

Anyone going to spend christmas eve there? Is it possible for hotel guest to get into the bar without lining up?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pogonation

Also had a look for 'park hyatt' on taobao.com like the OP and found basic rooms being sold for 1000CNY a night (Ł95). Has anyone got any experience booking this property from either taobao.com or one of the travel agencies the OP speaks of? In the end all I want is the most basic room with no breakfast etc. because my suite upgrade and diamond status will sort the rest out
Are toaboa.com reservations/rates eligible for Diamond benefits, points accrual, and stay credits?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:17 am

I think you will probably get diamond benefits since from my understanding diamond benefits apply to all types of stays but no stay credit.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:55 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyertalkbudda
I think "paid" stay is defined as paid directly to the hotel. so wholesale channel rates are not eligible. I am debating as well...

Anyone going to spend christmas eve there? Is it possible for hotel guest to get into the bar without lining up?
I have read, although I have no personal experience, that hotel guests do get to jump the line, although you may have to ask the concierge first.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I can confirm this. On the night of Halloween party, they only allowed hotel guests and those with prior reservations to enter.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I have read, although I have no personal experience, that hotel guests do get to jump the line, although you may have to ask the concierge first.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Currently staying here on a short 1 night paid stay. Overall an excellent hotel. As a Diamond booking the cheapest room received a decent sized corner room (not a suite I guess but large enough).

Fitness/pool area on 59th floor very nice and much quieter than fitness club on 6th floor.

No issues getting into Xiu bar on THU night, there is a separate line for hotel guests. Excellent newly opened Japanese restaurant on 3rd floor, not part of hotel but in same building just out the hotel elevator (expensive, though).

Only slightly underwhelming thing is the Diamond amenity (if that's what is meant to be), a pack of cookies...

No lounge or similar, so breakfast is in main restaurant.

Great hotel, easy access from airport with airport express train and number 10 metro line.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:50 pm

Stayed there for two weeks in a Park Suite. (Upgrade with Diamond Suite Upgrade Certificates and Points) Absolutely one of my favorite hotels in the world. Very attentive and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Pictures and a review can be found here:

Park Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....tt-peking.html

Suite details
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-peking-2.html

Hotel design:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-peking-3.html

Diamond breakfast in China Grill:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-peking-4.html

Views:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....-peking-5.html
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
One of my favorite Hyatt properties

We stayed here in a Park Suite last month. This was one of those stays where I really didn't expect much, but was completely wowed. Everything just went extremely smoothly and service was top notch. (And this is coming from someone who is a little demanding in that department )

The concierge, Sabrina, was especially helpful and the bartenders up in the China Bar knew our favorite drinks by the second night. I really wish I had a reason to go to Beijing more often. I will also say that the bathtub in our suite was the biggest tub I have seen in a standard suite.

As an aside, we next stayed in a suite in the Park Hyatt Shanghai and while it was a good stay, service was nowhere near as polished as in Beijing.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
I am intending to stay at this property 2 weeks from now and would like to clarify if the butler service offered by the PH Beijing gives complimentary coffee/ tea like the ones in St Regis..? Or are the butler service over here just to run errands like packing or unpacking, etc since they do not have any information of their butler service on their homepage.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been a while since I've been at this hotel, but when I did stay there, I never saw a butler even if I supposedly had one. And I was staying in a suite. But I think there was an espresso maker in the room. I am not sure my recollection is correct, I don't use those machines much as I am a diet Coke addict.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
First stay at PHB and it was a mixed bag:

Room (Park Suite) is great, especially the bathroom is fantastic. Lots of options for lighting and plenty of space.

My airport pick-up got auto-cancelled as my reservation was changed by Hyatt for the suite upgrade. Never heard that before and never happened before.

Arrived early after an overnight flight and went to the restaurant for breakfast. Very rude staff letting me know I cannot have breakfast there till I understood that my room number was not on the list for free breakfast and I told them I am okay to pay.

Dinner at China Grill: Not convinced about the food quality and service didn't get the full score either.

It should be etiquette that cutlery and glassware is taking off the table for seats not occupied.
Old May 21, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
another great stay at this wonderful hotel. Upgraded to Park Deluxe, room service breakfast comped for Diamond based on early departure time. Very good dinner at IFW (agree that China Grill is overpriced). Not much else new, unfortunately Aromatherapy amenities have been replaced with Le Labo.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Great stay, on par with PH Tokyo

Just finished a 4 night stay on points. As upgraded to top deluxe room which was nice and roomy n

Pros
Breakfast room has to be the best I've seen at any Hyatt

Service level from room. Service and conceirge very good

Rooms are fantastic. Great designs and plenty of room

Cons

Maybe too attentive, if that's possible. Sometimes you aren't done chewing before your plate is gone
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:50 am

Currently staying here in a Park Suite Deluxe room and have a few updates...

- the 6th floor pool no longer belongs to PH and is not accessible for guests
- concierge mentioned that there are plans to have the 59th floor pool open 24/7 in the very near future based on guest feedback
- as mentioned before the toiletries are indeed le-labo but the gym/pool locker rooms have aromatherapy products throughout.

VERY much looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.