Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FFN - earn 9/1 to 12/30/2008 - Now Official - Complete T&Cs and FAQs in First Post

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Thanks peteropny!

tb
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Just to expand on this, Hyatt Place Chantilly/Dulles Airport-South has a prepaid rate of $59.25 on 9/1, 9/5, 9/6 with a G4 bonus.

Just up the road, the Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North is $66.75 prepaid (no bonus) for weekends in September
I just checked for 9/5 and confirmed those rates but this post is really to add that the Hyatt IAD in Herndon is also at $66.75, so if you want a FS Hyatt.. this will work.

Hyatt IAD $66.75 > G1 (1000 pts) (plus 1W of 1000 points)
HP Sterling $66.75 > G2 (2000 pts) 9/1>10/31 (remember 1W is 500 pts)
HP Chantilly $59.25 > G4 (750 pts) 9/1>10/31 (again 1W is 500 pts)

looks like if you are just in it for points, the HP Sterling is the best deal based on bonus points alone.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Sorry, but what is 1W again?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by SASfan
Sorry, but what is 1W again?
Its a bonus amenity of 1000 points that diamonds get at full service Hyatts. HP and SS hotels give 500 points.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:56 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi, just need a little guidance on these FFN, and if you feel that they only work if you buy the cheap rates and then use awards on expensive hotels later, I can live with that, just happen to live where all the Hyatts are expensive. That's what I see happening but I could be wrong.

Most of the hotels I use have $300+ rates, ie Australia Asia, and although I have a huge number of stays etc, I personally can never see myself being able to get Diamond, so would be unable to count on extra bonuses there.

Am I right in thinking that it's another version of stay 3 pay2, because using 300 as a benchmark, I would be able to reduce say the Bangkok Hyatt to $200 per night. At the moment I only use the G1 and G2 bonus and plan my stays to fit.

Thanks for your help, regards bkkrop
Old Aug 19, 2008, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Am I right in thinking that it's another version of stay 3 pay2, because using 300 as a benchmark, I would be able to reduce say the Bangkok Hyatt to $200 per night. At the moment I only use the G1 and G2 bonus and plan my stays to fit.
Not really. You need two SEPARATE stays (doesn't necessarily have to be at the same hotel) in order to generate one FFN. So, if you are thinking to book a three-night stay, but only pay for two of those nights, then it won't work under FFN.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Hi, just need a little guidance on these FFN, and if you feel that they only work if you buy the cheap rates and then use awards on expensive hotels later, I can live with that, just happen to live where all the Hyatts are expensive. That's what I see happening but I could be wrong.
BKKROP - yes, it is much tougher to take advantage of this promo over in Asia, Australia, Europe...and even the few Hyatts down in S America, because it's very tough to find these sub-$100 rates like we have at some of the Hyatt Places in the US.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - people - maybe we shouldn't call to keep asking about this before it is announced
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
Ok - people - maybe we shouldn't call to keep asking about this before it is announced
I was thinking the same thing. While I appreciate the rumor from those talking to the CS lines, personally I find it odd (and a mistake) for them to announce this promotion so close to Labor Day weekend in the USA, when travel plans are already made, plus Sept. 1 is on the back end of the extended of that holiday to boot. Just my 2 cents, but will await the formal announcement.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm not sure why people shouldn't call

its not like a mistake fare where they are going to pull it if they figure out we know about it; if it is going to happen, nothing will change, if its not going to happen, nothing will change by calling

Im sure a lot of people still are making plans for the early part of September and this would help factor into their decision if they knew the details
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Most of the hotels I use have $300+ rates, ie Australia Asia, and although I have a huge number of stays etc, I personally can never see myself being able to get Diamond, so would be unable to count on extra bonuses there.
Hyatt Diamond requires 25 stays which is NOT a huge number. Hyatt also run a double qualifying stays promo earlier this year that could have got you a Diamond after only 13 stays.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Yeah, I don't understand what harm it does to call Hyatt and ask, it is not like they are going to decide to stop a major promotion b/c they get a couple phone calls asking when the promotion starts.

With that said, I do find it very odd that we are 10 days from 9/1 and they have not mentioned the promo as of yet. Maybe they will annouce it by the end of this week.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
Hyatt Diamond requires 25 stays which is NOT a huge number. Hyatt also run a double qualifying stays promo earlier this year that could have got you a Diamond after only 13 stays.
I will be smarter next year, although I don't fancy checking in and out of hotels, last month I spent entirely in Hyatt's in Paris, Bangkok and Singapore, but at the end of it all I get 3 stays. Then between December and April we have glorious weather, so I don't get the urge to travel. Such struggles, I think I will be happy just to be a plat, but thanks for your concern. regards bkkrop
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I will be smarter next year, although I don't fancy checking in and out of hotels, last month I spent entirely in Hyatt's in Paris, Bangkok and Singapore, but at the end of it all I get 3 stays. Then between December and April we have glorious weather, so I don't get the urge to travel. Such struggles, I think I will be happy just to be a plat, but thanks for your concern. regards bkkrop

You can also obtain Diamond status with 50 nights. How many nights did you spend in the Hyatts in Paris, Bangkok and Singapore?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:15 pm

24, why, what are you plotting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.