Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hyatt | Gold Passport
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 12, 08, 3:31 pm   #1

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Hyatt offering Instant Elite Platinum Status

Hyatt offer Instant elite status to new members registering by March 31, 2008. Complete 1 stay within 90 days of enrollment to maintain platinum status through Feb 2009.

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/join.jsp

Platinum status normally takes 5 stays or 15 nights.

Terms:
Platinum Membership: To qualify for Platinum membership through 2009 you must join Hyatt Gold Passport between January 1, 2008 and March 31, 2008 via http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/be..._mbr_src=INT16 and complete an eligible stay within 90 days of your enrollment. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights at any one participating property in which an eligible rate* is paid. Member must re-qualify each year to retain Platinum membership. To qualify for Platinum membership through 2010, complete three eligible stays between January 1 2008 and March 31, 2008 and your stays will count double toward tier status. Stays Count Double: You may earn or retain tier status faster; eligible stays between January 1, 2008 and March 31, 2008 will count double toward tier status. Only three stays qualify you for Platinum membership and only 13 stays qualify you for Diamond membership. Member must pay an Eligible Rate and provide a valid Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation or check-in. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all stays in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights at any one participating property in which an eligible rate is paid. Award stays and complimentary stays do not qualify for either promotion. Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Only stays count double toward tier qualification, not nights. Standard point and mileage earnings will apply. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offers not valid at AmeriSuites and Hawthorn Suites hotels.
* "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com or any Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Partner website, prevailing rack rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).
Platinum status normally requires 5 Hyatt eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in a calendar year. The 15% Hyatt Gold Passport point bonus will be awarded for stays after which the Platinum-status tier criteria has been met. Diamond status normally requires 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights in a calendar year. The 30% Hyatt Gold Passport point bonus will be awarded for stays after which the Diamond tier have been met.
Once you qualify or re-qualify for tier status, you will receive a new membership card, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Elite membership benefits will be available to you when provide your Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and present your new tier membership card at check-in.
Old Jan 29, 08, 8:24 am   #2

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United 1KMM, CO Roach, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I saw an ad for this on Yahoo today when I was reading the news....
FlyerTalk Member #1,038
thezipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 08, 1:28 pm   #3

Does anyone know if existing lowly gold members could take advantage of this promo? Maybe just by making a call and pointing out the inconsistency that new members can get to Platinum, but existing members cannot? Or any other tactics that might be worth a try?
kiwibigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 08, 1:32 pm   #4

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
You could do 3 stays between now and 3/31!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave View Post
Does anyone know if existing lowly gold members could take advantage of this promo? Maybe just by making a call and pointing out the inconsistency that new members can get to Platinum, but existing members cannot? Or any other tactics that might be worth a try?
youngbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 08, 1:44 pm   #5

Quote:
You could move for a few days and after the one stay you could move back home
bbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 08, 8:42 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
IMHO this is not a big deal. All the chains are giving out their mid tier like a candy.
holtju2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 08, 6:51 am   #7
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA Plat, A/Plat IHG, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtju2 View Post
IMHO this is not a big deal. All the chains are giving out their mid tier like a candy.
agreed, also as discussed on this board, Plats w/Hyatt don't get squat in terms of perks.
Sweet Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 08, 10:57 am   #8

What is worth something is the 15% extra points for the (very limited) times I have no choice but to stay at a Hyatt for a conference.

Oh well, I thought it was a fair enough question. I think I'll stick to FT boards where you get fair enough answers ...
Old Feb 14, 08, 1:45 pm   #9

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors
It lured me from trying to qualify as a mid level at Hilton. I got my one stay and may do more when SPG isn't available.
bigdel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 08, 9:18 pm   #10

Programs: IHG, SPG, AA, AF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdel1 View Post
It lured me from trying to qualify as a mid level at Hilton. I got my one stay and may do more when SPG isn't available.
This was a mistake in my opinion, as HHonors Gold is worth much more than Gold Passport Platinum.

You would get real benefits with HH Gold whereas those associated with GP Platinum are a joke.
yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 08, 9:31 pm   #11
Ambassador: Hyatt Gold Passport

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
This was a mistake in my opinion, as HHonors Gold is worth much more than Gold Passport Platinum.

You would get real benefits with HH Gold whereas those associated with GP Platinum are a joke.
Unless the tier is Hilton silver, in which case it is pretty much as useful as Hyatt platinum.
todorovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 08, 11:55 am   #12
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Just phone them and ask POLITELY !

Quote:
Haven't done that yet, but it some cases it helps to ask the membership office staff at the Call Center politely. Just have print-out of the promotion at your hands to send them by fax if they try not to understand you !

So this may helps ! (I myself hadn't tried that yet, because I think this level makes no real difference.)

First rule when making such (unusual) requests is: ASK POLITELY. As if you are phoned by a customer you also want friendly and not aggressive customers on the phone.

Maybe you post if it worked....
gum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 08, 11:10 pm   #13

Programs: AA PLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post

Do you think it's possible to status-match & get HH Gold as a GP Plat?
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 08, 11:15 pm   #14

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Do you think it's possible to status-match & get HH Gold as a GP Plat?
good idea, and i like where your head's at! the only thing i was thinking was if HH checks into it and sees you're a Hyatt Plat, and a member since Feb08...I'd say it's worth a shot...let us know
Old Feb 21, 08, 2:47 pm   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum View Post
Maybe you post if it worked....
Dear Mr kbd. Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; it is my pleasure to assist you. I have enrolled you into the promotion that offers the Platinum tier status to our new members.