Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:36 pm

I stayed here last weekend as well and was told that i could take breakfast as a diamond in 1901, room service, or eastway but only on weekdays at eastway since they are doing brunch, not breakfast (so they open quite late on the weekends).

The check in staff seemed to be new (which has been my experience in all of my stays here) which made for a bit of a slow check in process.

Also, most annoyingly... Upon check-in, i was reminded i had booked a queen room and told I could "upgrade to a larger room for a modest upcharge." I stated I didn't need a larger room but would appreciate a king bed if it was available. I also noted that i was surprised i'd have to pay to be upgraded to a larger non-suite room as a diamond. The staff member got on the phone and magically i was "double upgraded" to a large king with all the pleasantries of wanting to show appreciation for my loyalty, blah blah blah that at most hyatts comes at the outset where this hotel started with a sales pitch then reverted to the rules of the program when pushed.

Otherwise, the stay was great. Nice room, good bathroom, WiFi worked great, mini-bar re-stocked daily, convenient location to tube and was nice to eat and drink in shoreditch and hackney for a change of pace from the west end scene.

objectively, the churchill is a better hotel, but when there is a significant price difference and location is not an issue, this is a great option.

Last edited by boolean64; Mar 23, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:42 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Wi-fi quality is now much improved compared by last year. 15 MBPS down, 14.75 MBPS up. Happy camper.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:44 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Apparently I spoke too soon. At 3 pm the speed was a luscious 15 mbps. At 9 pm evening prime time, it's an abysmal 3.34 MBPS down, 0.33 MBPS up. Oh well, it's still quite a bit faster than the 128 KBPS of my mobile carrier's "unlimited free data while abroad". It's also still quite an improvement over last year, as today the devices will at least stay connected.

Overall, compared to last year, I give them a grade of B-plus.
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Wi-fi quality is now much improved compared by last year. 15 MBPS down, 14.75 MBPS up. Happy camper.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
1 Night Stay last week

Stayed here last week for 1 night. WiFi speed was fine every time I used it in my room. Breakfast in 1901 was really nice, quite the spread.

Staff was excellent. Being a diamond I got room upgrade to room #624. Large room with two port hole style windows. I haven't stayed in a lot of Andaz properties so I'm still warming to the hipster trendy concept but overall I really liked the hotel and it was nice to stay in a new location in London and get to see a new area.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:33 pm

At checkout, the bill included 52 GBP for breakfast in Eastway. Front desk adjusted off the charges. After the stay posted to HGP a few days later, I noticed that the Base Points were off: they had been reduced by an amount corresponding to the breakfast adjustment (approx 385 points).

A quick message to GP Concierge corrected the misposting. However, the next time a hotel "adjusts off" the breakfast charges (which should never have been posted in the first place), I will make sure to double-check the eventual points posting, to make sure the base points are correct.

When a Diamond guest has a late checkout, I wish the housekeeping department would refrain from knocking on the door every 15 minutes after 12 noon. Yeah, I know, I probably wish for too much.

Overall it was a great stay and this hotel remains my very favorite Hyatt property. Location is fantastic, service is friendly and excellent.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed here and have now stayed in all of the Street Art rooms. Our last visit was a little disappointing so we were offered a service recovery. We had a great meal in Miyako and a very good evening. Late check out as normal and we have never been bothered by house keeping - just lucky I guess. Staff as always very friendly and greeted us by name. Looking forward to our next stay in a couple of weeks.

[IMG]The Pearly Room by Nigel Turner, on Flickr[/IMG]

One Day Walk by Nigel Turner, on Flickr

The Day the Flower Rose by Nigel Turner, on Flickr

East my Dust by Nigel Turner, on Flickr
Old May 5, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Does this location still offer free laundry services?

Any real gold benefits here?
Old May 14, 2016, 12:59 pm

Just stayed here for one night. Also got "double upgraded" to an Andaz King (my usual upgrade to a Andaz Large King didn't happen for some reason even though one was available on Hyatt.com - I didn't argue for it).

I was offered 1901, Eastway or room service as breakfast options.

Wifi required a one-button click log-in. Speed seemed reasonable.
Old May 16, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Just stayed for two nights, and was offered 1901, room service, east way(including weekends ) for diamond breakfast benefits. Since my stay included a Sat night, we went to the east way on Sunday morning for the brunch, and it was quite nice.
Old May 28, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
Does this location still offer free laundry services?
I'm curious about this as well. Does anyone know?
Old May 29, 2016, 1:10 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Just returned from a weekend trip. I had booked an ANdAZ Twin room. I was contacted by the hotel 2 days prior to my arrival clarifying my exact room needs. For some reason, the hotel had me booked as 2 adults and 1 kid. However my reservation clearly showed 2 adults only (myself and my son), and I sent them a copy of my confirmation from gp.com.

Anyhow, they were very helpful and upgraded my in advance to an ANdAZ King. After a couple of e-mail exchanges prior to arrival (as I think the name "ANdAZ King" is a bit misleading), I got confirmation that this room had 2 twin beds - that was my most important point I had, before any upgrade. It sounded more like a room with a king bed, but as the front desk agent said, the work "King" describes the larger size of the room. Interesting.

I did end up in room 522, which was very spacious. It had a Nespresso machine and capsules, which is always great. Free minibar obviously. For Diamonds, I was offered 1901, Eastway or room service for breakfast.

On Sunday, we wanted to have brunch in Eastway. I was told, that we have to got to 1901... only after I mentioned I was Diamond, the waitress showed me the menu with a selection of items that are free for Diamonds.
That did not really appeal to us, so we went to 1901 again.

Overall an excellent stay and certainly the place to go back to when in London again.

I am attaching the 5th floor layout, maybe that's of use to some of you, it nicely shows the various sizes of rooms. Appologies for the mediocre quality...
Attached Images  

Last edited by 59Impala; May 29, 2016 at 1:10 pm Reason: typo
Old May 30, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I have a 3 night stay booked here in October. Traveling with my 6 year old son. Are we better off here or at the Churchill? i would like easy to access to good/decent restaurants/pubs without having to take a taxi/tube every time. Which area is better for that?
Old May 30, 2016, 8:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by ekartash
I have a 3 night stay booked here in October. Traveling with my 6 year old son. Are we better off here or at the Churchill? i would like easy to access to good/decent restaurants/pubs without having to take a taxi/tube every time. Which area is better for that?
The ANdAZ has an own pub (George) - not been in it. But across the street there are a couple of pubs.
I have stayed at the HR as well a couple of years ago, but I cannot recall if there there are any pubs nearby, it's more the shopping area with Oxford street.

IMO, I think the ANdAZ is a good option for your intentions.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by ekartash
I stay at the Andaz a lot. It's a great location for pubs and restaurants and plenty to be found within walking distance. You can sample cuisine from all over the world without needing to use public transport.

The Churchill is a good location for shopping around Oxford Street.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Not sure why this place gets good reviews. Folks seem super aloof working here.

So far the staff have been super unhelpful. Check in was not aware of breakfast. Day one called down and was told had option of room service / easy way / 1901 with a standard hot item. Went to 1901 was told that hot items were not included as of today. Talked to front desk they said easy way was the only option.

Rooms (have 2) won't cool down or warm up. Just stagnant air. On the fifth floor the room is extremely noisy, room is not cleaned after leaving from 10am to 6pm. Asked the front desk if they were full the night before and she said about 40%.

Not sure about this place honestly.

Quick update :

Spoke to GM regarding breakfast. As of today (6/1/2016) the diamond breakfast is buffet only. Said that breakfast has been all over lately and this is what is going to be standardized. Eggs will be a 6pound supplement. Hot items like French toast are around 12 pounds.

Last edited by footastic; Jun 1, 2016 at 10:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.