Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:35 am
dd
Original Poster

someone told me to consider the grand hyatt tokyo instead of the westin tokyo as it is a nicer hotel and that they have some corporate/discount rates that bring the price down... i searched this forum for the last 20 minutes and couldn't find a code that would bring the price below 33000 yen/night. this is still quite expensive. i have a 17 night stay reservation at the westin for 23000 yen/night, if i can get a similar rate at the hyatt, i will change to that property as i have heard nothing but good things about it! any help would be great! thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 2:52 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
NC16700 - but you didn't hear it from me.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 6:00 pm

Code for Westin Tokyo?

Originally Posted by dd
i have a 17 night stay reservation at the westin for 23000 yen/night, if i can get a similar rate at the hyatt, i will change to that property as i have heard nothing but good things about it! any help would be great! thanks.
Hi,

23000 Yen for Westin Tokyo is a good deal. Did you have a code for it? Would you mind letting us know?
Jesh likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 8:08 am
dd
Original Poster

IncyWincy: i got that rate by using an SPG50 (50% off rack rate) coupon that can be obtained from spg or on coupon connection...

DLSIZE: thanks for the code, but it's still around 27000 yen for the cheapest day and now there is no availability for the full 17 days and most days have a 37000 yen rate... oh well, maybe next time.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 1:15 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Nc16700 Id?

Originally Posted by DLSIZE
NC16700 - but you didn't hear it from me.
Do hotels that accept this code ask for a company ID? i wanted to use this code at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, but I don't work for General Electric.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
Try CSFB rate

Originally Posted by dd

DLSIZE: thanks for the code, but it's still around 27000 yen for the cheapest day and now there is no availability for the full 17 days and most days have a 37000 yen rate... oh well, maybe next time.
You may also want to try another corporate code. I got 22,000 yen for my test date.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135486
Old Aug 21, 2004, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The previous GM of the PHT told me that they ALWAYS request evidence of discount code eligibility from new guests at check-in. While many hotels don't bother, they all are entitled to, and here is at least one hotel which always does. Hence, you are taking a risk.

It's a more interesting question whether that risk is a risk worth taking. If you are caught, the worst that could happen is that you have to pay rack rate, and could leave after one night. As this doesn't present ethical concerns to many people, in the absence of specific information about a property, many might try.

However, if you do get caught, it probably IS unethical to try to generate "bad press" for the hotel in a misguided effort to punish them for enforcing something that they have a perfect right to enforce. I have heard of cases where that has happened, too.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 1:30 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The previous GM of the PHT told me that they ALWAYS request evidence of discount code eligibility from new guests at check-in. While many hotels don't bother, they all are entitled to, and here is at least one hotel which always does. Hence, you are taking a risk.

It's a more interesting question whether that risk is a risk worth taking. If you are caught, the worst that could happen is that you have to pay rack rate, and could leave after one night. As this doesn't present ethical concerns to many people, in the absence of specific information about a property, many might try.

However, if you do get caught, it probably IS unethical to try to generate "bad press" for the hotel in a misguided effort to punish them for enforcing something that they have a perfect right to enforce. I have heard of cases where that has happened, too.
thanks for the info. I don't think I'm gonna risk it. I'll probably just use points to stay there for 3 nights and just pay whatever the rate is for another couple of days.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by thc
thanks for the info. I don't think I'm gonna risk it. I'll probably just use points to stay there for 3 nights and just pay whatever the rate is for another couple of days.
I had no problems using this at GH Tokyo and GH Berlin. Who says you need to be an employee? You could be a contractor for GE, attending a job interview, etc etc
Old Aug 23, 2004, 3:52 pm

Indeed, a plausible, believable story might well work, or it might require some form of confirmation. I am not attempting to generalize beyond the one Hyatt where I have specific information, just reminding folks there is an element of risk. I am sure we all agree on that.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by RJB
I had no problems using this at GH Tokyo and GH Berlin. Who says you need to be an employee? You could be a contractor for GE, attending a job interview, etc etc
I really don't think you should be worried. I have never been asked for ID at any hotel including the PHT. In fact, all the front desk person knows is that you are using some type of corporate discount. You are right, you could have any of a number of connections to the company, vendor, contractor, applicant, spouse of employee or applicant, salesperson, client and the list goes on.

Before I would ever pay the rack rate, I would use one of these codes.

Finally, I am not sure how such a conversation came up with the former General Manager of the PHT where the conversation turned to the use of corporate discount codes by people not affilated with the company. Such a conversation between a guest and a hotel employee is very odd.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by SethLevy
Finally, I am not sure how such a conversation came up with the former General Manager of the PHT where the conversation turned to the use of corporate discount codes by people not affilated with the company. Such a conversation between a guest and a hotel employee is very odd.
I was asking who was eligible to use OUR corporate discount when the GM volunteered this information. Management is way more visible at the (rather small) PHT than at larger Hyatts. I know I'm highly likely to run into the GM or his chief assistant during every stay, especially since I'm usually there for at least a week. Hence, I often hang on to my non-urgent questions until I see them. Might as well hear it from the source!
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:10 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
corp codes in US

Hi,
I tried booking some US properties with corporate codes I have through the website, but it seems that the codes only work for international properties. Was wondering if anyone has corp or discount codes that work in the US.
Please PM me.
tfung
Old Oct 27, 2004, 11:10 am
Community Director Emerita

What corporate codes are on the website for international properties?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What corporate codes are on the website for international properties?
I think he's trying to say that he already has a coporate rate code and he entered that code into the "Corporate # Special Rate" Box on the hyatt.com reservations page. Hyatt doesn't just list corp codes on their website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.