Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:43 am

My (usually excellent at international properties) corporate rate at the Bali Hyatt is $100 per night in mid June 2008. This is the same as the AAA rate.

I suggest that you book at the AAA rate. The AARP rate in $99
Old May 4, 2008, 5:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
xxxxx wrong post

Last edited by seiknujnama; Feb 24, 2009 at 7:36 am
Old May 9, 2008, 3:53 pm

So I'm new to all of this travel code stuff, but would like to try it... Who are 17500 and 13717 codes for or where can I find out? Thanks!
Old May 9, 2008, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by pgrayson
So I'm new to all of this travel code stuff, but would like to try it... Who are 17500 and 13717 codes for or where can I find out? Thanks!
Book a stay using the codes, and if they are applicable to the hotel of your choice, the name of the company will be shown when the rates are displayed.

Be aware, that there are LOTs (and lots) of risk associated with using codes that you are not entitled to use. You may be required to show proof of eligibility: they may request a copy of your business card; they may bump your rate to rack rate.
Old May 9, 2008, 7:22 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I've found that this year at many properties that the corp codes aren't giving much of a discount. Not sure if it's related to the recession or what, but the corp rates have definitely gone up at many properties.
Old May 9, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Be aware, that there are LOTs (and lots) of risk associated with using codes that you are not entitled to use. You may be required to show proof of eligibility: they may request a copy of your business card; they may bump your rate to rack rate.
I've often thought about this when using codes that I find online. I have always been of the mindset that if it did ever come down to a hotel trying to bump me to rack rate or something else much higher, I'd most likely just walk out. I don't think it would be too hard to fight them charging me for the night since they would be the ones refusing to honor our "agreement", and that doesn't give them a right to charge me for something I had never agreed to (a higher rate).

Has anyone ever done this (walked out in such a situation)?
Old May 12, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Indeed watch out when using those codes!!!
I have been denied the rate at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires because had no proof I was entitled to use Credit Suisse corp rate (240 $ instead of 450 $) Had to pay the rack rate...ouch
At the Berlin Grand Hyatt the rate I used was not eligible for points or stay because it was an unpublished rate, and I had paid 185 euros, not worth it when you think of it since the published rate was 205 euros advance purchase
I am much more careful now, just be warned
Old May 12, 2008, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by pgrayson
don't take this for being 100% accurate but I believe

17500 is AAA
Old May 13, 2008, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by srodr
...I don't think it would be too hard to fight them charging me for the night since they would be the ones refusing to honor our "agreement", and that doesn't give them a right to charge me for something I had never agreed to (a higher rate).

Has anyone ever done this (walked out in such a situation)?
But, part of the "agreement" would be to show ID and proof that you are entitled to book at these rates. This is usually clearly stated at the time of booking, and also in the booking confirmation.

According to your "logic" above, you would be willing to book a government employee rate (which can sometimes be quite cheap) even though you may not be a govt employee, and then "fight" the hotel if they deny you the rate?
Old May 13, 2008, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
But, part of the "agreement" would be to show ID and proof that you are entitled to book at these rates. This is usually clearly stated at the time of booking, and also in the booking confirmation.

According to your "logic" above, you would be willing to book a government employee rate (which can sometimes be quite cheap) even though you may not be a govt employee, and then "fight" the hotel if they deny you the rate?
I agree completely with the above statement.

However there is another good reason not to use corporate rates that you are not entitled to (unless of course you are just looking for a cheap night - and then Priceline is a much better call); and that is that not all corporate rates rates are "eligible rates" in terms of qualifying for points and stay credit.

And you won't know that until after the stay and you try and get retrocredit for your points.
Old May 13, 2008, 1:07 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by thierry
Indeed watch out when using those codes!!!
I have been denied the rate at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires because had no proof I was entitled to use Credit Suisse corp rate (240 $ instead of 450 $) Had to pay the rack rate...ouch
At the Berlin Grand Hyatt the rate I used was not eligible for points or stay because it was an unpublished rate, and I had paid 185 euros, not worth it when you think of it since the published rate was 205 euros advance purchase
I am much more careful now, just be warned
I've found that the non-US properties (granted I havent stayed at too many) ALWAYS ask for proof. But at US ones, i'm never asked.
Old May 13, 2008, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
the easy way around of all this is

If you are arriving prior to DOA cut off time (key is having a DOA cut off) then you can chance it. If they don't give it to you, just go to your back up plan

the one problem with this, is lately i'm finding that many Hyatt properties are not going to 24 hour cancellations which are a royal PITA whether you are on a legit rate or not.
Old May 14, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Why not make up a sheet of business cards?
Old May 14, 2008, 9:04 pm

What are the ethics of using a discount code that one is not entitled to?
Old May 20, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thc
I just found that 12624 works well at the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix.

And 99800 works at the Hyatt Regency Istanbul.
What corp is 12624?

Has anyone used this number successfully without providing business cards or staff cards?

It works ok on Grand Hyatt Melbourne too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.