Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Colin
exactly. there is nothing at all preventing merchants. not the merchants credit card agreement. not the terms on the reservation. not the dispute process. really nothing at all.
Id argue, that the guarantee was for that exact reservation and the terms reserved, any changes unless agreed upon (ie. rack) were not ever agreed upon hence the guarantee by CC is not authorized
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum (1.4MM), SPG Platinum, Hertz PC, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Id argue, that the guarantee was for that exact reservation and the terms reserved, any changes unless agreed upon (ie. rack) were not ever agreed upon hence the guarantee by CC is not authorized
Maybe taking a photo with a time stamp in the hotel could prove that you arrived on-time and that you were not a "no-show."
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by sschneids
Maybe taking a photo with a time stamp in the hotel could prove that you arrived on-time and that you were not a "no-show."
But a no-show would have to be charged at the corp rate they refuse to honor!? Catch 22.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
most lobbies have a big clock, I would get that in the pic too, just as extra support...

seriously? All of this for a rate which someone isn't entitled to in the first place?

Amazing.

And yet we have the nerve to blast hotel chains for not giving us notice on cat changes, reducing promo's, and devaluating points...
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
most lobbies have a big clock, I would get that in the pic too, just as extra support...

seriously? All of this for a rate which someone isn't entitled to in the first place?

Amazing.

And yet we have the nerve to blast hotel chains for not giving us notice on cat changes, reducing promo's, and devaluating points...
maybe its the other way around

hotels stick it to you every which way, people do what they can to stick it back to them
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Why bother with all that. Just show up before the cancel time and if they give you slack then walk out and cancel online or call GP to cancel for you.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:42 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by srodr
Why bother with all that. Just show up before the cancel time and if they give you slack then walk out and cancel online or call GP to cancel for you.
That's not possible for all reservations unless you have the flexibilty to arrive a day earlier. My corp code, for example, requires 24 hrs advance notice for cancellation (e.g., "cancel by 4pm, 24 hours in advance.")

Last edited by thc; Mar 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by thc
Originally Posted by srodr
That's not possible for all reservations unless you have the flexibilty to arrive a day earlier. Many reservations require 24 hrs advance notice for cancellation (e.g., "cancel by 4pm, 24 hours in advance.")
The IBM rate is cancelable until 6:00 pm local time.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:01 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
The IBM rate is cancelable until 6:00 pm local time.
But that isn't the case with all rates. Just some of them.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
But that isn't the case with all rates. Just some of them.
my observations is most of them have 24 hour cx rules
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:54 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Urban myth? You must be joking. You can't really believe that.

Example?

Me - Sheraton Great Wall Beijing - IBM Rate - Rack

I've had other times when my rate was changed to rack before I had someone from IBM come to the hotel with me and argue with them. Where? Montreal, Hong Kong X 2.
You're telling me that you paid RACK RATE 4 times, including in Hong Kong twice?

You show me the bill AND the credit card reciept that you paid Rack rate in Hong Kong, and I'll buy you dinner (using my 50% discount), and publically appologize. I know you well enough to know that you're not paying rack rate without a fight.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I still (friendily) claim URBAN MYTH!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
You're telling me that you paid RACK RATE 4 times, including in Hong Kong twice?

You show me the bill AND the credit card reciept that you paid Rack rate in Hong Kong, and I'll buy you dinner (using my 50% discount), and publically appologize. I know you well enough to know that you're not paying rack rate without a fight.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I still (friendily) claim URBAN MYTH!
No. I and another colleague paid it once, in Beijing. In HKG and Montreal the rate was changes to RACK until some IBMers came and argued with them to put me on the IBM rate. In Montreal it was just an explanation, no argument needed. Canadians being nicer and more reasonable than HKG hoteliers.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:04 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
No. I and another colleague paid it once, in Beijing. In HKG and Montreal the rate was changes to RACK until some IBMers came and argued with them to put me on the IBM rate. In Montreal it was just an explanation, no argument needed. Canadians being nicer and more reasonable than HKG hoteliers.
Thank you. So, even when called told to pay, you were able to get out of paying the rack rate 3 out of 4 times.

And, if you remember, may I ask how much over Best Available rate were you charged in Beijing?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Surely the fact that you kept using the code at international properties, despite encountering problems previously, suggests that you have had good success most the time?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:53 am

Thank you. So, even when called told to pay, you were able to get out of paying the rack rate 3 out of 4 times.
Correct. And remember that what I'm saying is that you should be aware of the risks, however large or small. I'm not coaching people on whether or not to take those risks.

And, if you remember, may I ask how much over Best Available rate were you charged in Beijing?
It was 2005 or 2006. I'm sorry, but I don't recall.

Originally Posted by pogonation
Surely the fact that you kept using the code at international properties, despite encountering problems previously, suggests that you have had good success most the time?
That is correct. But note that the few times I've run into problems using a rate of a business partner I was also able to justify the use by bringing a rep of the business partner to the hotel. In Tokyo I've also had a situation where the business partner was contacted before i checked in to verify that I was entitled to the rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.