Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Casablanca REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Casablanca REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Train service appears to be hourly - http://www.journeybeyondtravel.com/n...train-schedule
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Update

I left CDG on AF. FYI. Security for this gate area does not open until 6 AM.

I arranged for many things in CMN with the Hyatt Regency concierge. Realize not the most cost efficient but everything is working well so far.

Greet and transfer service from CMN was via BMW 730(?). Cost is 600.

Upon arrival which was early room not ready. Waited a few minutes and given room on Club which I knew before leaving US had been upgraded. Hassan II and sea view. Access to Club floor.

Two things do not impress me. The idea of a toilet with a sink not in the same room does not do it for me. Second. The hall is very noisey with doors being slam constantly.

The first impression of the interior is of a Hotel well kept. That goes to the room but carpet could be changed out. The fixtures and furniture are pretty first rate. No issues.

There is a atm in the Hyatt near the from desk. Think it is a SG atm. I used one at CMN.

Internet seems fine. On wired and immediately screen came up comp access.

Finished with my tour. The Hotel provided the same car and the driver acted as a guide also. The tour was a little more than three hours for 800. The highlight without doubt was the Hassan II Mosque. This is the third largest mosque in the world taking six years to complete with workers 24/7. Amazing and beautiful. Tours are allowed when worship is not in progress. This means you need to be very mindful of timing. Make this your first stop. You will go below to obtain a ticket. Two tickets mind you. Get a plastic bag for your shoes and keep those tickets. You are not buying two tickets but will receive two receipts and a sticker badge. I think this is the only place you need to be careful. The cashier had no personality and seemed intent on making life difficult. Like not giving a sticker straight away and not telling you to take a plastic bag for shoes. Join a group for your preferred language. Each tour takes less than one hour. The only thing I wished was the roof of the mosque being open. Apparently according to the guide this never occurs on Sunday. I may try and go back Tuesday because that would be an amazing sight also. The rate was 120 DH and I purchased my ticket at 10:46 AM so 15 minutes before should be ok. Make sure to walk after to the sea wall. The mosque is partially built over the sea put you can not see that portion as the viewable area within the mosque is in the king's niche area.

I know 800 DH is not cheap but for me well worth it. The guide spoke pretty good English and I take much value in being able to speak with a local about many topics other than just the visual sites.

The guide helped me purchase a ticket to Marrakech with return. The first class ticket return is 280. I don't understand the whole ticket but will figure it out at the station. Tomorrow morning the ticket will be from Casa Voyageurs. From the Hyatt will take a cab possibly petit taxi to Casa Vogageurs during rush hour 30 minutes before the time I wish to arrive at Station.

I highly recommend dealing with the Le Meridien in Marrakech. The Hotel will meet me at Marrakech Station for a transfer to the Hotel. Rate is 100 DH. From the Le Meridien will take a half day tour for 200 DH. Bargains in my mind compared to here. See that report later at the SPG forum.

The Club lounge here is a decent size. The door has always been open and the staff very friendly. The people in Morocco seem very kind. After the tour had a late lunch at Rick's Cafe. The interior is interesting made to look like a Moroccan residence. Food was decent and fairly priced.

Also. For some reason at one point led to think the occupancy tax was 30% when it is 30 DH. That makes a huge difference in economics. I have no problem paying a premium for this place. Both the Le Meridien and Sheraton are within walking distance. Life be good.

Other items. Hot tap which whistles when turned on. Conditioner partially used and a shower which does not drain properly. Adaptor borrowed which is broken inside.

Walked around the area at night. Safe except for navigating the road traffic.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Mar 25, 2012 at 3:48 pm
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Back again positioned for my early morning flight. Before leaving left a project for the concierge regarding Rabat. Never heard from him. Since being here tried the petit taxi twice. Once coming in from Marrakech and from Morocco Mall. Much much cheaper than any other option and always dealt with fairly. I gave the white taxi driver a chance for my return from the Mall and after waiting extra ten minutes caught a red petit. No problem.

Upon returning to my room had two bottles of water, two bottles of juice, three apples and three pieces of small pastry. Says it is a Diamond benefit but did not get it on the last stay. The bottled water is most appreciated.

I don't mess up that often but really wished had brought my camera to Morocco Mall. Said to be the fifth largest in the world. Maybe. The store quality is ok. There is a large store/supermarket in the back ground floor. Decent size Orangina less than $1 USD. That would be at least $5 in Paris. On the second level there is a great shawarma place called yes- Aladdin. They have chicken and beef. Back to the camera. The aquarium is very cool and make sure to catch the outdoor water show. Not Bellagio but pretty nice. Also on that level two are tons of places to eat. A white taxi could cost up to 150 DH and a petit less than 50 DH.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:31 am

I'll have more on this place when I get my explanation and apology. Let's us just say that I ended up this morning in a rat of a cab. Should take another shower after landing in France.

$ Customs is really focused on money. Any type of currency going out. Everyone was asked and if you come up with a high figure expect to show the notes. Don't lie. They will further inspect every piece of luggage. Even people claiming 150 euros were expected to show it. I had dollars and euros. Frankly not that many euros but I got the look when he found them. At that point came up with my 20 DH Morocco note.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:14 pm

Taxes

Something at one point led me to think there was a 30% tax. In fact the two taxes charged for my billing are 33 and 16.5 DHs.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
After arriving from London on bmi I took a white mercedes cab for 300 Dirhams and after about an hour arrived at the Hyatt Regency hotel.

Security let the vehicle pull off the main road but not up to the front of the hotel. A short walk to Reception, through a metal detector, and I was immediately greeted. The Agent checked me in quickly, told me about the Regency Club. The Duty Manager then popped over and welcomed me to the hotel.

I had used a 2011 suite upgrade to book an upgrade on a AARP rate of 1980 Dirhams (about US$200) and received a nice one bedroom suite on the 8th Floor – the same floor as the Regency Club. The sitting room is shown above = sofa, TV, chair, coffee maker (Nespresso), and a half bathroom (loo and wash basin).

The bedroom featured a King Bed, another TV and access to the bathroom.

The marble lined bathroom was large with both a full size bath and a wet area.

The Regency Club does cocktails in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Slightly oddly they allow smoking in areas of the lounge, although the smoke smell does carry to the main area which made me realise how unusual it is smell smoking inside these days.

The area outside the hotel is building site as a result of the installation of a tram line through the city.

Staff

The staff were universally nice, smiling, opening doors and addressing me by name. I would rate this as the best part of the stay – there was a generous nature from everyone I encountered which I really liked.

Room

The room was very comfortable and I slept well in the bed. There was a little noise from the road (mostly car horns) but this did not prevent me from sleeping. The towels and bathrobes were clean and fresh and larger than Hyatt has in the US.

Shoe Shine

The hotel offers free shoe shine and my shoes came back whilst I slept. Excellently buffed and polished.

Regency Club

Apart from the smoking issue, the club was pleasant. A good range of cheese, olives, and desserts in the evening. Breakfast had the usual choice of cold meats, cheeses, Museli (which was super creamy), and pastries. In addition, the staff offer you a short menu of egg items – scrambled, boiled, omlette. I had the omlette which took only about 5 minutes to arrive and was really nice. I wish more Regency Clubs offered this.

Summary

A great stay in a city I have never been to before, the highlight of which were the staff members.

Images at - http://boardingarea.com/blogs/milesf...blanca-review/
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:23 pm

Tram in Service

The light rail system went into operation a few months ago and my wife and I were able to take the tram from the Casablanca Voyageurs train station to the Place des Nations Unies stop right across the street from the HR Casablanca. Quick, clean and convenient.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA,UA SLV, SPG GLD,Hyatt GP Plat.,National Exec., Hertz Platinum
Updated Review

Hey Guys,
Thought i'd post an update for this hotel.

I'm a diamond member and stayed here for the night on a Cash + Points booking. It's 6000 points and $75. I didn't use a DSU

When checking in, I was pre-upgraded to a junior suite and I have to say, it's a pretty decent suite. I'll let the pictures do the talking but the bathroom situation was weird. The toilet was by the door in what seems to be a closet and then the rest of the bathroom was on the other side with the sink, bathtub and shower. It was kind of weird. The room was pretty big but wasn't blocked off with a separate wall.

The front desk was extremely friendly and immediately recognized my status. They went through all the benefits and explained the club lounge and breakfast to me.

During my stay, the fitness center and sauna were under renovation so they were unavailable but I don't work out anyways so it was fine.

When I got to the room, there was a fruit plate waiting and some pre packed goodies like macaroons, nuts, candy and some local juices. There were also about 4-6 water bottles placed in different areas of the suite. Based off previous images, the room looks like it was updated recently. It has a little bit of a modern flair to it but still looks somewhat dated.

I also managed to get a view of the Hassan II mosque. It was a bit loud for a while but it was fine I guess. I'm pretty passive about somethings that other people would get annoyed of but that's just how I am haha.

I decided to get dinner downstairs at the M cafe, which has amazing food. I decided to order and eat in my room due to the fact that I was wearing swim trunks and didn't want to change.

Below are pictures, hope it helps!

Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just returned from a trip that included a one-night stay at the HR Casablanca - I must tell you that I was very impressed with the property from top to bottom. Checkin and Checkout was easy with no issues - friendly and upfront customer service - I was also unexpectedly upgraded to an Executive Suite upon arrival (even though I only have Platinum status).

As a data point I booked this reservation using Points+Cash to receive the stay credit as well as lower the overall price. Used a taxi to/from for 300 dirhams each way. Flew in from BCN on Royal Air Maroc - very inexpensive ticket.

Also tried the Sunday brunch option which was excellent.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:54 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for one night in November 2017. We were on a credit card free night stay, but were still upgraded to a club level room (I was an Explorist member at the time).

I found the hotel to be OK, somewhat of a darker motif but the room was refurbished and was quite modern. The staff was friendly and the club lounge was fine - more or less what one would expect. Evening fare was more small snacks and not too substantial, however breakfast was quite OK.

Some pictures from my stay if interested: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...cy-casablanca/
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I stayed at this property a few years ago, and everything was more or less in order , but there was 1 issue.
The hotel did not let taxis that were empty wait at the main entrance, (probably for security reasons) so the doorman had to walk with me and my girlfriend all the way to the closed security gate and had to try to flag one down on the busy traffic congested street, which took quite a while and didn't feel very nice and/or elegant...considering we were staying at one of the best hotels in the city.

When a taxi finally did stop the doorman spoke to the driver. The taxi had another passenger in it and the doorman of the hyatt tried to convince me it was normal to get inside a taxi with a passanger already in it cause "they were going in a similiar direction as us". Maybe in Morocco it's normal but for a Hyatt the whole thing felt really unprofessional....like something staff from a cheap motel would arrange.

Granted this was a few years ago, so maybe the whole setup for taxis leaving the Hyatt in Casablanca has changed now.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Life Titanium
Angry Doorman / Taxi

i had a stay on 10/5/18 and I have to say the taxi situation is still the same. I found the door man unhelpful when asking for directions and when getting a taxi, I insisted on using the taxi and the doorman said they would which wasn’t the case, so it was a hassle when we arrive are our destination we had to argue with taxi driver since they tried to overcharge us.

i found the door man at This place need more training and this one person I dealt with had a rude attitude as well. Other than that, the staff inside were all very helpful and friendly.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Life Titanium
Doorman / Taxi

i had a stay on 10/5/18 and I have to say the taxi situation is still the same. I found the door man unhelpful when asking for directions and when getting a taxi, I insisted on using the taxi and the doorman said they would which wasn’t the case, so it was a hassle when we arrive are our destination we had to argue with taxi driver since they tried to overcharge us.

i found the door man at This place need more training and this one person I dealt with had a rude attitude as well. Other than that, the staff inside were all very helpful and friendly.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:11 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
any recent experiences?

Particularly of the club offerings - trying to decide whether to spring for club rooms or go to the Sofitel instead?

thanks
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I used points for a Guest of Honor booking for my daughter at HR Casablanca. When checking in, front desk did not believe my daughter was entitled to be a Guest of Honor, confirmation email clearly stated Guest of Honor. Only by insisting, per my instruction, was my daughter assigned a room on Regency Floor with Club access. No upgrade to a suite despite Regency Suite King availability on Hyatt website (yes, it's not 100% but lots of room availability so I am assuming standard suites are available).

Club offerings are decent, according to my daughter. Wine available upon request in the back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.