Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sacramento REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:43 pm

RC still close on weekends here? Thanks in advance...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:49 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amarante
RC still closed on weekends here? Thanks in advance...
It was the last time I was there, about 3-4 months ago.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
The hotel had been updated since our last stay and I believe the new GM used to be the GM at SFO?

Very friendly front desk staff - quickly checked in and given a Capitol view room on the 10th floor. Had problems with card keys and also RC was closed so went back to front desk. Issued with new keys and an apology about the RC being closed - we were give the 2,500 points and the 1,000 amenity points and offered an amenity as well - although it hasn't posted properly.

Very nice room and the decor is very pleasant. Nice pool area outside and the public areas are very bright and airy. After a very good nights sleep had breakfast in the restaurant - buffet style. The service was absolutely amazing - I have never seen so many staff for a breakfast and all falling over themselves to help.

There was a massive queue at check out which didn't appear to be moving in a hurry so after 10 minutes did a self service checkout. Your room key lets you out the parking garage.

Will certainly stay there again next time we are in Sacramento.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Found a promo they have right now and signed up for it.

Normal rates are ~$150 per night, but if you go to their "Promotions" page, they have a shopping one that includes free valet parking and a $100 Macy's gift card for $209.

Plus, staying here on the weekend, so should get the free breakfast and the 2500 point bonus.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by jlsf
Found a promo they have right now and signed up for it.

Normal rates are ~$150 per night, but if you go to their "Promotions" page, they have a shopping one that includes free valet parking and a $100 Macy's gift card for $209.

Plus, staying here on the weekend, so should get the free breakfast and the 2500 point bonus.
I can't find this offer....I only see SPECIAL OFFERS and it is not there.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:57 am

It is called "Explore" (2nd from the bottom). Here is the direct link:

http://www.sacramento.hyatt.com/hyat...sBookable=true
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Got it. Thanks so much
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K , SPG Platinum , Hyatt Diamond , Marriot Gold , BW Diamond , Hertz PC
I checked in last Sunday and checked out on Monday. It was my first night at this property. They didn't offer any free points or breakfast. Should I be emailing them?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:48 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dumdum
I checked in last Sunday and checked out on Monday. It was my first night at this property. They didn't offer any free points or breakfast. Should I be emailing them?
Definitely contact Hyatt customer service (or simply PM the Gold Passport Concierge here on FT).
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I had to ask for b'fast to be removed(and the bonus to be added) at checkout
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Street parking is available. I know on Sunday you would be safe with no meter being enforced but think it would still be Saturday after 6 PM. The are can get pretty busy with the convention center next door street parking fills fast. That garage has always been like that. It is I believe still city owned. I am always concerned about a scrape or ding on our vehicles but also concerned about a break-in parking on the street. If on the street I would limit myself to within a decent distance of the Hyatt not that anyone from the staff would run out and "save" ones car anyways.

I have never been impressed by the host staff at the restaurant. There was at least when we would do Hyatt check-in before the Hyatt Place decent wait staff.

Please confirm parking time limits. With the budget the way it is who knows what the city has come up with. Enjoy Sacramento. Oh. There is a true city lot near the Sheraton which may be cheaper and better light. Check that on out online.
I had luck here on the weekend with street parking and just making sure the meter was paid up until Saturday at 18:00.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by dumdum
This seems to happen about 50% of the time for me. My last stay they didn't credit me with the Amenity bonus or the RC closure bonus.

Just request credit through the Hyatt website.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I had luck here on the weekend with street parking and just making sure the meter was paid up until Saturday at 18:00.
You can use the special offer "Explore" to get free valet parking + $100 Macy's gift card.
At $209, it is more than the regular rate, but the parking and gift card more than cover the extra room cost.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlsf
You can use the special offer "Explore" to get free valet parking + $100 Macy's gift card.
At $209, it is more than the regular rate, but the parking and gift card more than cover the extra room cost.
Good idea- the last time I was there though I used points.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:48 am

Sacramento Anniversary Rate Offer

Got this card at front desk during check-in, back in April (sorry, forgot to post it until now):
Hyatt Regency, A Sacramento Icon for 25 Years
Thank you for staying with us as we celebrate our 25th Anniversary.
To continue the celebration, please join us any Friday, Saturday, or
Sunday for the remainder of the year and receive a $25.00 per night
credit towards Food & Beverage in the hotel. To book this special
anniversary rate, please call 916-443-1234 and request SPEC 25FB.

Terms & Conditions: Offer valid 4/26/13 to 12/29/13 at the Hyatt
Regency Sacramento. Reservations are subject to availability and
must be made in advance. Offer not valid for groups or conventions
and may not be combined with other promotions. No refunds for any
unused portion of package. Not valid in Starbucks. Package does not
include tax, gratuity, or incidental charges.
Have not tried this offer, myself. Don't know if it can be booked online;
a couple random attempts to check dates don't seem to show anything
("SPEC 25FB" & "SPEC25FB" both are rejected as invalid codes, but
"25FB" is accepted, but nothing is mentioned in the rate desc.)

Also don't know if this rate is considered valid for GP stay or point credit.

If anyone manages to use this rate, please post results and if the stay counted, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.