Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I have made use of the offer for a six month trial of Platinum Status and stayed there back in April 2010. Though I am relatively new to Hyatt, I have had some experience as guest of Platinums and Diamonds in the past. Nevertheless, I have to admit, that I was somehow impressed by the service of staff, attentive and friendly they were compared with other chains.

It seems, that it was a good start for my upcoming stays at Hyatt.
/url])
Thank you for the report, I love to stay at this property especially during the weekend for less then $100 you could get about 4K Points and full breakfast.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 6:30 pm

am i missing something? am plat, and live close to this property, but don;t understand which promo everyone is using to get the 4k in june...is that a diamond thing?

thanks in advance.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:52 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by uprightposition
am i missing something? am plat, and live close to this property, but don;t understand which promo everyone is using to get the 4k in june...is that a diamond thing?
Yes its a Diamond thing - 1w (1,000 Diamond welcome amenity points) + DN (2500 club closed "compensation" for Diamonds) = 3,500 points + the earned points for the room cost itself.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I don't understand why they stop offering G bonus at this property?
I stayed here last friday, I only got 4000 points, usually it's 6000 points with g bonus.
I know that they have SF promo, which gives you 5000 points for 2 night stay.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes its a Diamond thing - 1w (1,000 Diamond welcome amenity points) + DN (2500 club closed "compensation" for Diamonds) = 3,500 points + the earned points for the room cost itself.
ok, thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
I don't understand why they stop offering G bonus at this property?
I stayed here last friday, I only got 4000 points, usually it's 6000 points with g bonus.
I know that they have SF promo, which gives you 5000 points for 2 night stay.
G promotion expired end of May, right now they have A2 double miles.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The GP website now says the A1 bounus at this hotel runs
7/1-8/31. Didn't it used to say that it ran starting 6/1? That's what I recall. Does anyone have a screenshot of it saying 6/1? Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
New G1 promo for Q3-2010

G1 promo (1000 points) for 01 Sep 2010 - 30 Nov 2010.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Has anyone actually stayed in a suite in this hotel? I am going to try to use a suite upgrade there but thouht I would ask first
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by kevino
The GP website now says the A1 bounus at this hotel runs
7/1-8/31. Didn't it used to say that it ran starting 6/1? That's what I recall. Does anyone have a screenshot of it saying 6/1? Thanks.
That's strange the starting date changed. I don't have a screen shot but did receive double miles for my stay this month.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jan_az
Has anyone actually stayed in a suite in this hotel? I am going to try to use a suite upgrade there but thouht I would ask first

jan_az, I called my agent yesterday and she told me there were no suites available this weekend but they do have Executive Suite, VIP Suite and Director Suite.

Funny thing was, when I booked my reservation, the e-standby screen came up and a Deluxe Suite (884 sq ft) was available for $79/night.

I called the hotel and spoke to someone there who mentioned if you chose the e-standby, and there is a suite available, they will give it to you for $79/night. He also said I can use my Diamond Suite upgrade on the spot if they have suites available, not sure how much I believe him in terms of Diamond Suite upgrade usage on the spot.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This property only have 8 suites, if you want to use suite cert, you better apply it early and confirm it.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
I tried to apply a diamond suite upgrade yesterday for a stay here in August, but the diamond line rep. called the hotel and found that none were available.

Originally Posted by indo79
Funny thing was, when I booked my reservation, the e-standby screen came up and a Deluxe Suite (884 sq ft) was available for $79/night.
I had the same upgrade come up.

Originally Posted by karung99
This property only have 8 suites, if you want to use suite cert, you better apply it early and confirm it.
I was advised to try again the first part of August to see if any became available.

Pehaps they are reserving them for paid upgrades before they give them to diamonds. If they only have eight, they probably don't have much trouble selling them out.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pdx_fam
I tried to apply a diamond suite upgrade yesterday for a stay here in August, but the diamond line rep. called the hotel and found that none were available.

I had the same upgrade come up.

I was advised to try again the first part of August to see if any became available.

Pehaps they are reserving them for paid upgrades before they give them to diamonds. If they only have eight, they probably don't have much trouble selling them out.
They also have ADA Suites, so the shower has no tub and have a big folding chair.
I have been lucky get lots of comp for suites on each of my stay
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by karung99
The HR Santa Clara is a great MR hotel, but I guess this explains why I have never once been upgraded to a suite here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.