Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Lounge is on the 33rd floor of the older looking Harbor Tower, the one closer to the Marriott and Convention Center. Keycard access required and staff usually ask room numbers for breakfast and happy hour. $25 fee for bringing a guest to the lounge. There's apparently 24/7 keycard access for coffee, bottled water, computer use, etc. One bank of elevators serves floors 1-4 (meeting space, pools, etc.) and floors 29-40 (there's a view bar on 40 as well as a few rooms) while the other elevator bank on the Harbor side serves floors 1-4 and the lower room locations.

Breakfast ends at 9:30 weekdays, 11:00 weekends. Every day I saw bacon and some sort of sausage, hot eggs (scrambled plus trimmings to be added), raw ham, smoked salmon, croissants/bagels/bread varieties to be toasted, some cereal, IIRC oatmeal.

Midday snacks from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm weekdays, 11:30 am to 3:30 pm weekends.

Happy hour is from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day, with a selection of *free* wine and beer between 5 and 6, followed by the same wine and beer offered in the form of an honor bar from 6 to 9. Each day the food presentation includes a hot protein (cilantro chicken, grilled teriyaki salmon fillet big pieces, chicken putensca, and salmon cakes during my stay), hot mixed vegetable dish, some other cold/salad dish of the day, salad bar including slices of chicken breast, asparagus, olives, etc. with two dressings of the day, and interesting small cakes (cupcakes or pieces) for dessert.

There's a $35 plus tax resort fee (Globs exempt)

- $10 nightly F&B credit - Top of the Hyatt, Brew30, Seaview, Sally's, The Landing

- 24-Hour Fitness Center Access

- Daily 1-Hour Bicycle Usage- Wheel Fun Rentals

- One (1) Kayak or Paddleboard rental per stay

- (1) shoe shine - joey's shoe shine (no boots or suede)

- Premium High Speed Internet

- Wifi in Meeting Space for group events

- 10% Discount on Spa & Salon Services at Marilyn Monroe Spa on 3rd floor of Harbor Tower one visit per stay

- Access to hotel’s recreational courts and equipment, e.g. basketball, volleyball, and games such as giant shuffle board, Jenga, connect four, foosball, corn hole around the pool

- VIP Shopping Pass: Free and discounted items from local shops and restaurants at Seaport Village shopping center located directly outside Seaport Tower

- Rollaway Bed Rental: King rooms only

- Unlimited Phone Calls: Local & domestic long distance

- (1) 1-hr ticket for Harbor Tour per room per stay – Tour is on a modern yacht, 360 views, indoor & outdoor seating, snack bar and full service bar scenic photo opportunities

- One Craft Beer at Brew30 per room per stay

Ten minutes by taxi to/from the airport, perhaps more at rush hour. Fare was under $15 to the far end (DL, AS, UA, etc.) of the newer Terminal 2. Fare from Gaslamp area to hotel is about $7, also assuming no traffic. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Midway Museum and the cruise ship terminal/excursion boat docks.

Print Wikipost

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by PSseetheworld
it is great deal and kids already talk about coming back next year.......
Not sure if it is year around but during the summer there are free movies pool side at night and smores packages for purchase that you roast gas fire pits over looking the water.

I always ask at check-in if they have any welcoming toys/goodies for the kids and they usually do.

I really like the room service kids menu. You can tell a lot of thought was put into it and lots of variety too.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
deleted

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; May 21, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:28 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Grand Hyatt San Diego Completes Second Phase of Multimillion-Dollar Renovation

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/4...lar-renovation
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Does anyone have an email addy for the VIP or Front Office Manager of this property?

I have an upcoming stay that may require some special care
Would welcome the email address for the VIP or front office manager as well. Staying in July and would like some items taken care of.

Much obliged to anyone that can PM. Cheers!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Does anyone have the hours that the lounge is open (ie for breakfast, etc)? I have a one-night stay planned in July and a busy convention schedule planned, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to book a Club room.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by kirax2
Does anyone have the hours that the lounge is open (ie for breakfast, etc)? I have a one-night stay planned in July and a busy convention schedule planned, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to book a Club room.
When I was there last month, breakfast "opened" at 6a and went until 9a. I popped in at 530a before heading off to the airport and was able to snag a muffin for the road.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Originally Posted by tusphotog
When I was there last month, breakfast "opened" at 6a and went until 9a. I popped in at 530a before heading off to the airport and was able to snag a muffin for the road.
Thanks so much! That helps a lot.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They have some nice snacks all day, such as white chocolate, and a good evening spread.
Old May 9, 2014, 4:00 am

Does anyone have an email addy for the VIP or Front Office Manager of this property?

I have an upcoming stay that may require some special care
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Would welcome the email address for the VIP or front office manager as well. Staying in July and would like some items taken care of.

Much obliged to anyone that can PM. Cheers!
Bump?
Old May 9, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
The VIP Manager is Ashley Jensen. Sent you a PM with the email adress.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
The VIP Manager is Ashley Jensen. Sent you a PM with the email adress.
Would love a PM with the address please!
Old May 21, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I just stayed at the Manchester Grand on Saturday and was very happy with our stay. The staff was exceptional and helpful in every way.

Using a DSU, we were upgraded to a grand suite on floor 32. Very spacious room with a kind on one end and two doubles on the other. The suite had expansive views of the harbor and downtown.

The lounge is very nice and spacious. The evening app selections were OK, nothing over the top. They had some chicken curry won tons, which were pretty good. They also had some sort of beef pastry puff, cheese, cold cuts, etc.

We were able to get breakfast in the restaurant by asking. YMMV.

The hotel is in Seaport Village with lots of shops and restaurants. We actually did the Kansas City BBQ across the street. Cool little place, especially if you are a Top Gun fan.

I will definitely be back to this hotel. The hotel is beautiful. Rooms are new and the pool area is spacious. No issues with internet or other diamond bennies.
Old May 21, 2014, 9:54 pm

We were able to get breakfast in the restaurant by asking. YMMV.
Good to know, thanks for sharing.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
nmind

Last edited by mrredskin; Jun 9, 2014 at 5:46 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:59 pm

Do the suites given when using DSU have microwave/fridge/freezer?
Have a stay coming up next month and my email has gone unanswered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.