Wiki Posts
Search

Suite Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, US Silver Elite
Suite Upgrade Question

I booked the cheapest rate online for the Hyatt Maui which was oddly an AAA Breakfast rate and Regency Club room. I have been confirmed to use a suite upgrade. Will I still be entitled to the breakfast and Regency Club room access? I spoke to an individual at the hotel about the club access and she said, "No, because you were upgraded to a better room." Any assistance is appreciated from all of you that have more experience with this. Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by vegasinsider14
I booked the cheapest rate online for the Hyatt Maui which was oddly an AAA Breakfast rate and Regency Club room. I have been confirmed to use a suite upgrade. Will I still be entitled to the breakfast and Regency Club room access? I spoke to an individual at the hotel about the club access and she said, "No, because you were upgraded to a better room." Any assistance is appreciated from all of you that have more experience with this. Thanks!
if you are diamond member, you should get access to regency club and two breakfast coupons.

if you are plat and using a suite upgrade from the credit card, you won't get the club access....
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You should be entitled to all - breakfast & RC while in the suite since the underlying rate is for breakfast & RC anyways.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, US Silver Elite
Originally Posted by pclee
if you are diamond member, you should get access to regency club and two breakfast coupons.

if you are plat and using a suite upgrade from the credit card, you won't get the club access....
I am platinum and they are suite upgrades from the Chase Card.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am platinum and they are suite upgrades from the Chase Card.
If you booked RC access rate you will still have it.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
sorry, i didn't read carefully....
yes, you should get both.....enjoy the beautiful ocean suite!!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Hopefully you will prevail. The HR Maui seems to try to hold back access to the RC. My last two stays were with diamond suite upgrades and they did not provide me RC level keys. When I went to the desk in the morning they told me the low end suites in the Napili tower don't include RC access. I said, "yes I understand but HGP Diamond members do get RC access". Both times, at the diamond checkin station, the agent stared at my reservation and read things for a few minutes. Both times they excused themselves to check something in the back. Both times they came out a minute later and gave me my RC access keys with no further questions or explanations.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by traveling_again
Hopefully you will prevail. The HR Maui seems to try to hold back access to the RC. My last two stays were with diamond suite upgrades and they did not provide me RC level keys. When I went to the desk in the morning they told me the low end suites in the Napili tower don't include RC access. I said, "yes I understand but HGP Diamond members do get RC access". Both times, at the diamond checkin station, the agent stared at my reservation and read things for a few minutes. Both times they excused themselves to check something in the back. Both times they came out a minute later and gave me my RC access keys with no further questions or explanations.
Wow, that sounds pretty lame -- esp. since you are a diamond!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:40 pm

Both times they excused themselves to check something in the back. Both times they came out a minute later and gave me my RC access keys with no further questions or explanations.
Maui desk clerks can't blow their own nose without going to the back to ask permission.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Last time we were in Maui (February 2011) Jeff checked us in.....couldn't have asked for a better, more professional guy!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
Last time we were in Maui (February 2011) Jeff checked us in.....couldn't have asked for a better, more professional guy!
Jeffery is the best clerk they have, he is great!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
My wife and I stayed there in February on a AAA Breakfast rate and used a suite upgrade. When I checked in the clerk said we'd have Regency Club access as well and we did.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:26 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Maui refused/tried to refuse RC access each time we stayed there, even if RC rooms were clearly available for sale. Seems to be their policy there!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I stayed in an Ocean Suite twice last year (as a Diamond), and had the exact same experience. Getting keys to the RC was quite an ordeal...(I don't know who or what is in the "back room", but they sure spend a lot of time back there!).

Overall, the folks working check in don't seem to know anything about Diamond Status (interestingly enough, the plat/dia sign wasn't even on the counter the day I arrived; but was there the rest of the week). My check in was such a hassle last October that I didn't realize they failed to ask what I wanted for my Diamond amentity. I called down from the room, and got a line that they didn't forget, but that they don't deliver the amentiy until day two of your stay(which makes no sense, especially for those of us that prefer points and thus don't have anything to be delivered ).

Although I am going back for a few days next month, I've scheduled the bulk of my time at the GH Kauai...the HR Maui seems to be the worst property in terms of Diamond service/recognition...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
...the HR Maui seems to be the worst property in terms of Diamond service/recognition...
No. They clearly have training issues and some folks there seem to dislike Gold Passport program but I am not aware of any cases when the required benefits were not granted after sorting things out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.