Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 6:57 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by subdawg
Does this mean that if we are getting 1 room, but Mr. subdawg is diamond also, we will get 2 X 2 = 4 coupons for breakfast? Or max of 2 cpns?
If Mr. Subdawg books one room in his name and Mrs. subdawg books one room in her name, and both are diamond, then 4 coupons will be givin (assuming 2 people in each room).
Old Oct 16, 2004, 4:51 pm

Location: FL, UA 1K 2M, NH DIA, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Emer Exec
Originally Posted by pdb
You are correct. No RC, but buffet breakfast under the glass dome is quite nice .
Is it true that Diamond member shall get 2 full buffet breakfast coupons since there is no RC at PH Milan?

Thanks in advance for the re-confirmation/clarification.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by WINGOFLY
Is it true that Diamond member shall get 2 full buffet breakfast coupons since there is no RC at PH Milan?

Thanks in advance for the re-confirmation/clarification.
Actually, we just got back from a stay there and we surprisingly did NOT receive the full breakfast buffet. We could upgrade for an extra 6 euros for each person. The standard breakfast for Diamonds was just a basket of rolls & croissants and OJ. A bit disappointing since I was expecting something similar to the PH Vendome. The breakfast buffet did not look that great...some fruit, cereal, and yogurt.

However, the stay itself was great, and the service was impeccable. Not bad for an FFN stay! ^
Old Jan 19, 2005, 7:28 am

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Thumbs up Park Milan, I'm impressed

I emailed the Park Hyatt Milan 2 days ago concerning an upcoming stay, and the possiblity of using a Suite Upgrade cert. This morning, I received a call from the hotel explaining what they can do now, and what might be possible upon checkin.

I'm impressed with the personal touch.

-Dr.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:48 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Park Hyatt Milan Transport

I have a 2 night FFN stay in Milan in a few weeks. I'm arriving to Malpensa (MXP) and departing from Linate (LIN). A few questions:

1. Best and least expensive transport to/from both airports, and the approximate travel times (will have only roll-on, no checked baggage)?

2. Any suggestions for good and cheap eats? Does the Galleria have any eateries?

-Dr.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:38 pm

Transport

I went there in Oct 04, I would suggest to just take the taxi for LIN if you have more than 1 person since it only cost 15 Euros. But if you really want to save money, you can take bus 73 to Babilia for 1 Euro and walk about 5 mins to the hotel.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:33 am

I was at the PH Milan last week - I can vouch for chaner's info. Only thing I would mention is that taxis from LIN are charged at a flat rate to the city center - a whopping 35 euros, for what is a 15-16 euro ride to the airport from the PH. I would definitely take the bus to San Babila and make the easy walk from there at least on my trip to the city in order not to support such extortion. In fact, the only reason I took a cab back out to the airport is that my flight out was very early and the buses to LIN, which don't start until 05:40, would have made for a tight check-in.

If you are arriving from MXP, no question, take the train for 9 euros, and then the metro to Duomo station. Taxi from MXP will easily be more than 75 euros.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2
If you are arriving from MXP, no question, take the train for 9 euros, and then the metro to Duomo station. Taxi from MXP will easily be more than 75 euros.
Agreed. The train in question is called the Malpensa Express, and departs from beneath the main concourse of Terminal 1. It runs from early til late at 20/30 minute intervals, taking about 40 minutes to get to Milan. You arrive into Cadorna station, and then it's only a couple of stops on the metro to Duomo.

Buy your tickets before you get on the train, as it's cheaper (if I remember correctly).
Old Jul 3, 2005, 6:37 am
Suspended

Park Terrace Suite anyone ?

Going back to the property in a couple of weeks, I am intending to use a Diamond suite upgrade certificate.

Was anybody successfull getting a Park Terrace Suite ?
( balcony could be handy these days in Milan )

Park Terrace Suites
The Park Terrace Suites offer 65 square metres consisting of a spacious suite with separate sitting room and bedroom, each fitted with two Bang & Olufsen BeoCenters with TV and CD / DVD player. Situated on the top floor, each suite has its own private, furnished terrace for outdoor dining and entertaining, with beautiful panoramic city views
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:03 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I had a 4 night stay in November, on FFN's. They accepted an (expiring) suite cert and UPG'd me to a huge deluxe king, no terrace or separate bedroom but excellent, with outside/street view. Not sure what they had originally reserved for me, but at check in, with the suite cert they appeared to change the room. Keep in mind that this hotel is nestled in a side street near/connected to the Galleria and Duomo area, so the views are not spectacular. Amenity(ies) included an excellent bottle of red wine, fruit and a snack each evening, consisting of either cookies or chocolates. Breakfast is the typical free table offerings in the lobby lounge with additional charges for hot, separately ordered dishes. Parking is tough. The concierge told me that they charge Euro 56 per day and that the small alley/street in front is regularly patroled as there are government offices and consulates there and that the tickets are expensive. After about 10PM they allow parking until early the next morning though. If you have a car, I would suggest parking it near the train station, which was about Euro 16 per day, and use the metro (about Euro 2 RT,) to go to and from. The parking near the hotel is either too expensive or time limited, if you can find something.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by rbAA
Parking is tough. The concierge told me that they charge Euro 56 per day and that the small alley/street in front is regularly patroled as there are government offices and consulates there and that the tickets are expensive. After about 10PM they allow parking until early the next morning though. If you have a car, I would suggest parking it near the train station, which was about Euro 16 per day, and use the metro (about Euro 2 RT,) to go to and from. The parking near the hotel is either too expensive or time limited, if you can find something.
There are a number of public parking spots right on the side streets by La Scala, but otherwise it is a real bear. The passageway connecting the hotel directly with the Galleria is currently being renovated, which means you have to go around the block to get into the galleria and the parking spots in the little side street are unavailable.

Very much enjoyed the buffet breakfast for Diamonds. Dinner at Park was pretty good, but not mindblowing. Overall very nice hotel and service.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:45 pm

Park Hyatt Milan mini-review

We stayed for 2 nights last week and had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful property and the lobby restaurant, built under a glass dome in what used to be the courtyard of the building, is especially nice. The hallways have curved ceilings which echo the Galleria just steps from the front door.

The location of this hotel could not be any better, at least for a tourist. Tucked just off the Galleria, it is also very close to Il Duomo (the magnificent cathedral of Milan), La Scalla, and a short walk from the fashion district.

The fitness center looked ok, but the spa seemed a bit on the small side. When we visited, there was only 1 staff member on duty (with limited English) and no guests having any treatments.

The bathrooms are very spacious with rain showers as well as full tubs, of course. They have their own exclusive brand of shampoos and soaps. Very pleasant fragrance. Hi-speed Internet is available in the rooms. We stayed in a corner junior suite, but I saw a deluxe room, which was just a bit smaller -- not too bad at all, and the same type of spacious bathroom.

As you would expect, very good staff everywhere: front desk, concierge desk, restaurants... Just a couple of notes: they do not have any suites with 2 beds -- only 1 king. Also, there is construction going on now in the street just in front of the hotel. Apparently it has been going on for some time and will continue at a slow pace because they have found some buried ruins of historical significance.

Very nice destination!
Old Sep 12, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Did we miss each other? I was there last Monday and Tuesday.
I think the design's quite stunning--very high ceilings and beautiful light fixtures, though I still think it's odd to place all that stuff in the bathroom (while at the Vendome it's the closet and drawers, here it's the safe and minibar as well). I didn't think the bathroom lighting was adequate, and I missed the Vendome's heated floor.
I agree the staff was very sweet and helpful.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:34 am

follow-up

Originally Posted by rfrost
Did we miss each other? I was there last Monday and Tuesday.
I think the design's quite stunning--very high ceilings and beautiful light fixtures, though I still think it's odd to place all that stuff in the bathroom (while at the Vendome it's the closet and drawers, here it's the safe and minibar as well). I didn't think the bathroom lighting was adequate, and I missed the Vendome's heated floor.
I agree the staff was very sweet and helpful.
Well, it looks like we were there just before you. Yes, there is quite a lot squeezed into the bathroom. It's large, so it can handle it, but besides the safe and the minibar, there's also the closet area/drawers and place for suitcases so you're probably dressing/undressing there as well. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt Diamond
debating if I should use my points on PH Milan

I made a reservation at Park Hyatt Milan for two nights using my points. I will be driving my personal car to the hotel and found out that the hotel charges 50 Euros ($60) per night. I was wondering if I should cancel the reservation and keep the points for future stays. It seems like I could get Le Meridien Excelsior Gallia hotel for $85 plus tax and fees by booking through Priceline. I don't know how much Le Meridien charges for parking and I am not even sure if that hotel is equivalent to Park Hyatt. What do you guys think? Pay 100 Euros for parking and deduct 30,000 points or pay $170 plus taxes, fees and parking and keep my 30,000 points. What is a smarter choice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.