Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For all us Blaise Mautin fans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
For all us Blaise Mautin fans

Leafing through the March/April Departures magazine at my hairdresser's today, I found an ENTIRE ARTICLE on the creation of the much beloved scent at the PH Vendome, including how Blaise Mautin was hired, his background, and several of the 18+ ingredients included in its secret formula. (No mention of the reformulation of the body lotion, however.) As I believe has been mentioned in another thread, the scent's been adopted by the PH's in Madrid, Moscow, Zurich, Dubai and Baku.
But the best news is that, in response to requests from guests, it will be made available to the public this year.
The sidebar, incidentally, included the scent at PH Milan (allegedly like crisp linen?) among several other hotels' scents.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:57 pm

"But the best news is that, in response to requests from guests, it will be made available to the public this year."

SECOND BEST NEWS I HEARD ALL DAY! (Well, the top prize goes to Delta's pilots not striking)

I am truly addictive to these stuffs - the shower gel and body lotion are, simply, HEAVENLY!
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
I, too, read the article & am thrilled with this news. However, some over-zealous cleaner in my home tossed the magazine - is it the exact old PH Vendome scent? How will it be available? Only at the properties? Through Hyatt.com?? What I'd give for bottles of that gorgeous body lotion!! And the wonderful memories that scent brings back!
Old Apr 17, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by rfrost
...The sidebar, incidentally, included the scent at PH Milan (allegedly like crisp linen?) among several other hotels' scents.
Great news! I LOVE the lotion. Still have dozens of them from my travels....I always make a point to go back to one of the European PH's to stock them up again....

On a side note, the PH Milan products are from Laura Tonatto, which I find too feminine and also a bit too strong.....
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jkc22
On a side note, the PH Milan products are from Laura Tonatto, which I find too feminine and also a bit too strong.....
I've just had my first exposure to the Laura Tonatto products, and love the lotion - love it. Likely it works for me since I'm a girl. I'm seriously regretting not asking for some additional bottles while I was there.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jkc22
Great news! I LOVE the lotion. Still have dozens of them from my travels....I always make a point to go back to one of the European PH's to stock them up again....
I keep a bottle of lotion next to my computer at work. The scent reminds me of my travels in Paris. I'm not so fond of the shampoo, conditioner, and gel which are neatly stored in my bathroom drawers.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:41 pm

I picked up the Park Hyatt newsletter when I was in Milan. It said that the Park Hyatt Washington will use Blaise Mautin products when it reopens.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I picked up the Park Hyatt newsletter when I was in Milan. It said that the Park Hyatt Washington will use Blaise Mautin products when it reopens.
Yes, but as I just posted in another thread, according to Capitol File, it's exclusively for PH Washington, so I think it's not the same one. We will have to wait and inhale.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:28 pm

Good catch. I'm looking back at the Park Hyatt newsletter, and on reading more closely find it says:

"A signature fragrance designed exclusively for Park Hyatt Washington by Parisian artisan perfumer Blaise Mautin captures the essence of Washington, its soul and spirit."

There's some real word speak in that sentence - soul and spirit of a government city?

I'm more intrigued about the tea cellar that the PH Washington is to have.

"The PH Washington's new tea cellar features rare and limited production, single-estate teas from trees as old as 1,200 years. Many of the tea selections originate from remote regions of China, Japan, Sri Lanka, and the Himalayas."
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:32 pm

PH WAS opens this Friday. I tried to make some reservations for June 30th weekend and got a Park King room that says 'only available for GP Diamond Members only'. I wonder what that means...

BTW, if you're THAT crazy for PH Vendome scents, PH Vendome sells the candles for 45 euros plus S/H. Why would you want to breathe in regular air when you can inhale Blaise Mautin scented air? :-)
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Why would you want to breathe in regular air when you can inhale Blaise Mautin scented air? :-)
I wonder who the Blaise Mautin junkie is in the crowd.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Got a res at the PH WAS.....looking forward to it, actually.....

I've stayed there prior to the renovation, and was locked out of my room for an hour due to a malfunctioned door lock (that required drilling) at 11PM.....

The Blaise Mautin is a bonus.... I'm looking forward to stocking up!!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 9:02 pm

I have a feeling I am not the only one... :-)

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I wonder who the Blaise Mautin junkie is in the crowd.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
BTW, if you're THAT crazy for PH Vendome scents, PH Vendome sells the candles for 45 euros plus S/H. Why would you want to breathe in regular air when you can inhale Blaise Mautin scented air? :-)
I just returned from the Vendome and the candles are not yet available. The front desk person said sometime in the next few months.

I cant wait. I love that smell.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:42 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by rfrost
But the best news is that, in response to requests from guests, it will be made available to the public this year.
Unfortunately, it wasn't available few weeks ago when we stayed in Park Vendome for nye. I made sure to ask, only to hear that it's not for sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.