Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 2:50 pm

Wow, you're pretty hardcore!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Wow, you're pretty hardcore!!!!!!!
I think crazy is the operative word.

But I really love the PHV scent. Walking into the lobby is always a treat. I immediately relax when I inhale.

The craziest part is the 1.5 exchange rate for the Euro against the dollar. This last trip was the most costly in a long time to Europe. It really is getting bad and I did not notice a lot of Americans while I was in Paris for 5 days and then the south of France for 4 days.

Last edited by TMOTEE; Nov 27, 2007 at 3:38 pm
Old Nov 27, 2007, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by TMOTEE
I was actually going to say "crazy", but I didn't want to be rude and/or break any FT rules....................

I know what you mean about that smell though, it's quite nice............especially compared to the Portico we're used to over here in the States....................^
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:43 pm

TMOTEE -- so you're the one who cleaned up their candle stock!

I was at PHV over Thanksgiving too. During this trip I found out that they have larger Blaise Mautin toiletries (80 ml bottle vs the regular 50 ml bottle). Do you know if the set of 4 (25 Euros) have larger bottles or smaller ones?

Like you, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE PHV scent. When we arrived Thursday morning from the back entrance, passed through the revolving door, we immediately smelled the scent. It is intoxicatingly fabulous!

I was actually very disappointed that the spa was closed last week. I have been looking forward to it since last March!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
TMOTEE -- so you're the one who cleaned up their candle stock!

I was at PHV over Thanksgiving too. During this trip I found out that they have larger Blaise Mautin toiletries (80 ml bottle vs the regular 50 ml bottle). Do you know if the set of 4 (25 Euros) have larger bottles or smaller ones?

Like you, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE PHV scent. When we arrived Thursday morning from the back entrance, passed through the revolving door, we immediately smelled the scent. It is intoxicatingly fabulous!

I was actually very disappointed that the spa was closed last week. I have been looking forward to it since last March!
Sorry. That was me cleaning them out. We actually left on Wed the 21st for Nice. Arrived at PHV on the 16th and immediately asked about the items. The set of 4 toiletries are indeed the larger bottles. They appeared to be almost double the size of the ones in the room. I think these will make nice gifts.

Sorry we missed each other.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Talking Congratulations!

This is wonderful news.

I hope that they're restocked by the end of January.

re the dollar. Deutchebank and Commerzbank say it's headed for $1.60/euro before I'm there. Oh, well. We're talking about an obsession, non.....?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:51 am

you should probably convert you $$ to Euros soon. may be you can buy gift cards/ Traveller Checks in Euros
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA Gold, UAL Prem
Talking I'm also inloved with the PHV scent

I have a small bottle of the room spray. Wait...yes...there is that wonderful aroma. It use to be available for sell for about $80 if I remember correctly.

OK who is headed for Paris and will shop for all of us. I am serious, If I can't go at least give me the fragrance. I love the lotion and use it only for special occasions.

Jukebox
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:11 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by TMOTEE

But I really love the PHV scent. Walking into the lobby is always a treat. I immediately relax when I inhale.

The craziest part is the 1.5 exchange rate for the Euro against the dollar. This last trip was the most costly in a long time to Europe. It really is getting bad and I did not notice a lot of Americans while I was in Paris for 5 days and then the south of France for 4 days.

Yikes - you and your friend must have spent close to what one night's regular room charges are there!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yikes - you and your friend must have spent close to what one night's regular room charges are there!!!!
That's for sure. I think between us we spent about 500 euros on the Blaise Mautin items.

After waiting 4 years for it we couldn't stop ourselves.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Question Which lotion is newer?

I've never quoted myself, but I'm bumping this because I really need to know for purposes of Christmas presents: I got a basketful of the lotion bottles, and wonder if anyone knows whether the whiter or the pink-tinged version is the newer, "reformulated" version. I have several of both.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Firewind
I thought I detected two different shades (and strengths?). Is this the reformulation mentioned above?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:30 pm

Kicking myself...

I feel so silly, I didn't realize how amazing the scent was and didn't stock up during my stay. Now I'm kicking myself. But I did get the candle as a gift (didn't realize it was so rare or pricey back then), whose scent is so strong that I was smelling it in my bedroom without it being lit...took me a while to realize where that wonderful scent was coming from. And I think I did grab one little bottle of lotion (which I just now found), but that's about it. Had I known, I would have taken more.

What a brilliant idea they had... It really does bring back those memories.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:35 pm

I do wonder though...what about people who have finicky noses and happen to not like the scent...it's pumped everywhere...!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I think if you don't like the scent you stay elsewhere!

On my last stay, I was planning to buy the spray, even though it meant checking my suitcase on the flight home, but at $100 I just couldn't do it.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 4:01 pm

Well, I mean for people who haven't stayed there before and book a room there not knowing about the smell being pumped throughout the hotel -- imagine arriving there and REALLY not liking the scent...that could be a problem. Great concept, but not without its flaws.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.