Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Thailand - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Thailand - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:51 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Taking Chances, let me add my thanks too. I was concerned about staying in some place that I had never heard of before (decided to try it because of low Category 1 points for free stay), but now I am looking forward to it. We will be staying in a Regency Club room also - a couple of quick questions: Is there a refrigerator or minibar in the room? Are the drinks complimentary during the 5:00 to 7:00 PM period in the Regency Club? I may have other questions later if you don't mind.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 7:59 am

Location: Honolulu, HI USA; UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
There was a mini-bar in the room, but we never used it or even opened it up. If you are hungry or thirsty, just walk out to the Regency Club and they'll take care of you. We only drank wine and beer, I don't know about other liquor, but the drinks are free of charge between 5 - 7 pm. And they certainly weren't slow in asking if we wanted another either ... often we were only half way done with our drink when we were asked if we'd like another one. Cold bottles of H20, coffee, tea, etc. are free through out the day.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
TakingChances - We only drink beer and wine too, so the free drinks between 5-7 PM sounds great. What did you think about the size of the Regency Club room? I am debating on whether to get a suite as it is only 1,000 more points per night, but there will only be the two of us, so I don't want to waste the points either.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 4:25 pm

Location: Honolulu, HI USA; UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The rooms on the lower level are bigger and sufficient. The upper level rooms are standard and don't have a lot of indoor free space ... the extra space is for the patio. For only 1,000 extra points, I'd certainly get a suite!
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:35 pm

smalik

I read TakingChances review and could not add anything further. The place is great and so are the staff.

I would recommend using the hotel bicycles and riding to Monkey Mountain and the surrounding area. A nice, enjoyable ride.

Also, the kick boxing matches in town are fun as well

Have fun
Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:08 pm

I read the note about the cool towels etc. in the RC. Am i correct to presume the RC is outdoors and or outdoors only ?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:58 am

Yes, the RC is open air in the center of the RC wing, right in front of the RC pool. The building does have a ceiling if it rains, but you can also sit under the stars poolside if you like.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:27 am

Just got back from there yesterday. The resort is great and the staff are about the most friendly and helpful you could ask for. I used my GP points for a suite (only 8,000 per night), which IMHO is the best bargain for points out there.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I used my GP points for a suite (only 8,000 per night), which IMHO is the best bargain for points out there.
I've been thinking this would be a great use of points. How did your suite compare to the normal rooms?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by TakingChances
The property is right on a big, clean beach. To be honest, there aren't too many beaches I'll swim at in Thailand, but I swam here with no concern. The water temperature was warmer than the water in Hawaii during the summer; it was like bath water. The water in the pool was cooler, but refreshing.
Thanks for the great review! I wish I'd seen it last year, when my wife and I were thinking of going but got turned off by guide book descriptions of the overall Hua Hin beach as being filthy. (Sorry, I don't remember which guide books--just glanced at them while in transit at the Singapore Airport.) From your description and the photo, that does not seem to be at all true of the Hyatt portion of the beach. But how is the rest of the beach at Hua Hin, beyond the hotel property?

And in addition to the nice water and sand, has Hyatt set up on service on the beach with nice lounge chairs, waiter drink service at the chairs, etc? I assume so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Jun 14, 2004 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by 787
I've been thinking this would be a great use of points. How did your suite compare to the normal rooms?
I didn't actually see one of the normal rooms, but based on the description in the Hyatt website, the suite is about twice the size. I assume that the normal room is just the bedroom/bath area of the two room suite. The other room in the suite has a sitting area with a couch and chairs, a desk, a second TV with a DVD player, and the entrance with the minibar and fruit that is refreshed daily. Also, I would note that when we were checking in, which is done in the room, my wife marveled at the size of the bathroom, and the rep checking us in said that the regular rooms also have that size bath which makes the rest of the room much smaller.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks for the great review! I wish I'd seen it last year, when my wife and I were thinking of going but got turned off by guide book descriptions of the overall Hua Hin beach as being filthy. (Sorry, I don't remember which guide books--just glanced at them while in transit at the Singapore Airport.) From your description and the photo, that does not seem to be at all true of the Hyatt portion of the beach. But how is the rest of the beach at Hua Hin, beyond the hotel property?

And in addition to the nice water and sand, has Hyatt set up on service on the beach with nice lounge chairs, waiter drink service at the chairs, etc? I assume so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.
The beach area around the Hyatt is all nice white sand for a long way in each direction. We went to town one day and checked out the beach there by the Hilton and it looked more like dirt with a lot of rocks.

There are chairs on the beach as well as an ample number of chairs around the various pool areas. There is also an area by the pool with sand like the beach where you can sit like being on the beach but right by the pool. We sat there most of the time. I know there is drink service at the pool and I am sure that you can get a drink brought to one of the chairs on the beach. There are quite a lot of pool boys around that will take care of whatever you need.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 5:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Writing these lines from the hotel... It is a wonderful place! It is even offering long stay privileges for its guests: 20% off Food, 5 hours of free Internet, free watersports... Too bad we did not get any special treatment as a Platinum... Full report as usual when we get back home
Old Sep 1, 2004, 6:54 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Thumbs up Great property and excellent value

Thanks for the detailed and useful review from TakingChances. I am staying at this property using GP points- great value at level 1. Everything pretty much is what TakingChance have already mentioned but I want to add couple of comments:

1. The regular room has relatively small bed room area; the bath room and balcony DO have decent space but proportionally, the bedroom area is quiet small. I asked the RC receiptionist and was told that suite can be upgraded for 3800 Baht/night. It is about 1.5x the size of regular room but divided into living room and bed room. I did not have the chance to check it out.

2. Basically only handful room has true ocean view. Most of the rooms have only lagoon(pool or pond) view.

3. The Thai restuarant (Thlay Thai) currently has a promotion for 550 baht (net) all you can eat Thai food dishes. You order from the menu and the waiter will bring the food to you. Each dish has good portion. All dishes that I have tried are very tasty. Strongly recommended. It is probably the best Thai food (quality and taste wise) I had in anywhere. Also, the Thai ice tea is recommended; very generous size plus milk and syrup on separate cup so you can add them to your liking.

4. I missed out the previous Hyatt promo of buy 2 nights get 3rd free but current promo is buy 5 night get 1 free.

5. The services are generally good but there are still some spotty area. I did not get the activity booklet until inquired about the what water sport is offered. The Spa price booklet was old and did not match the price listed in the Spa. It was replace on day 2.

6. The Internet charge is about 470baht/24 hours (don't remember the exact amount after tax and charges). There is not Ethernet port in the room, upon request, they will setup an ADSL modem in the phone data port for you to use the Internet.

Overall, this is a great hotel in a nice location and great landscaping. I found that there are many similiarities in with this hotel to the Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket. It is like these two hotels are from the same hotel chain. I think this property is better for the value and Hua Hin much closer to Bangkok and less touristy. ^
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:05 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
As I understand the hotel beach is nice (sand beach, clean).

What about the water?
Sand? Rocks? Seagrass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.