Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:10 am

Check this out for photos of weekend brunch at Park Hyatt Seoul.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/koreanguy&article_id=2600002
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:34 am

Just returned from an award stay...a typical weekday breakfast for Diamond members is just continental-style. Nothing too fancy, just pastries and cereal, no hot food.

The hotel was nice, ultra-modern. Very convenient location to the subway, which was nice.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:16 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hsyoo
Most Korean deluxe hotels provide workout outfits (shirts, shorts and even socks) free of charge. You only need workout shoes.
PH Seoul is a bit different. You need to either bring your own (shirts, shots and socks) or rent from the hotel paying KRW 11,000 (10,000 plus 10% tax).
I inquired the hotel that it is absurd to ask in-house quest to pay KRW 11,000. The GM sent me a letter that he will think about it.
You may need to send an email to the hotel...and ask.
There seemed to be shirts and shorts in abundance (in a variety of sizes) freely available in the spa changing room. I didn't ask about shoes. Maybe your letter did the trick.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 7:36 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Park Hyatt Stay

I just stayed for two nights at the Park Hyatt Seoul and was very impressed. The room was gorgeous, beautifully designed by Takashi Sugimoto. I had booked a Park King, but was told I had been upgraded on check-in (don't know what room I was in -- sorry). The floor-to-ceiling windows afforded an amazing view over the Olympic Stadium and south Seoul. The staff were extremely attentive and helpful, there was only one small issue where I was only offered continental breakfast on the first day when my room rate included American. This was put right the next day. The spa and pool were discreet and elegant. All in all a great stay. Would definitely recommend this property.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:36 am

Photos

A couple of photos here: http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery/album29
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 2 Million, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
You mentioned "POSH", and the Park Hyatt more than qualifies. Excellent location, Samsung Station is directly underneath. You will probably be very disappointed with the Mall shopping underground as they are mostly just chain stores. There are a lot of very fashionable stores within a few kilometres, the concierge can arrange a car and driver for you easily. My office is directly across the street from the park. I watched them build it from day 1!!
bb
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
breakfast is exactly the same style as in Park Hyatt Saigon... Cereals and breads on one side, fruits on the other side. There are some dishes like smoked salmon and hams inside the fridge, and you have to ask the attendant behind the counter to get it for you. For hot items like scrambled eggs, etc, you will need to order with the waiter. As a diamond, the breakfast was complimentary, including the hot items, whereas in Park Hyatt Saigon, diamond breakfast only included the cold items.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I'm going to be in Seoul later this month for a conference and some work related stuff. The conference is putting me up in the Grand Intercontinental for 2 nights, for the other night that work is picking up the tab I would like to try to PH. From the little I can tell by reading through the location information for these two properties it seems that both are nearby the COEX and thus nearby each other. I'd really like that proximity so that moving is as easy as possible. Can someone confirm that I am correct that the PH and the Grand Intecon are nearby each other?

Also, will it be a pain to go from ICN to the PH? What's the best route, bus or train? how long does this take? Any links to information on the web?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 7:42 pm
DH

Originally Posted by stephem
I'm going to be in Seoul later this month for a conference and some work related stuff. The conference is putting me up in the Grand Intercontinental for 2 nights, for the other night that work is picking up the tab I would like to try to PH. From the little I can tell by reading through the location information for these two properties it seems that both are nearby the COEX and thus nearby each other. I'd really like that proximity so that moving is as easy as possible. Can someone confirm that I am correct that the PH and the Grand Intecon are nearby each other?

Also, will it be a pain to go from ICN to the PH? What's the best route, bus or train? how long does this take? Any links to information on the web?
From http://seoul.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...tion/index.jsp

By Airport Bus Service
The most cost-effective mode of transportation between Incheon International Airport and the hotel is via the Korea City Airport Terminal (KCAT) limousine buses. The buses arrive at the KCAT (Korea City Airport Terminal), which is conveniently located near the hotel in the Korea World Trade Centre complex. Tickets may be purchased from counters located at terminals 3B and 10B. Upon arrival at the KCAT, approach the information desk and ask for the Park Hyatt shuttle, a pick-up service for the hotel that takes approximately ten minutes.

The journey from the airport to the hotel by airport bus takes approximately 90 minutes.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I'd really like that proximity so that moving is as easy as possible. Can someone confirm that I am correct that the PH and the Grand Intecon are nearby each other?
They are across the road from each other. You would need to take the underground pass to get to the other. About 5 mins walking distance....
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, KE, OZ Hyatt Platinum, Int Ambassador,
I recently stayed in PH seoul and I can confirm that it is close by Grand Intercontinental. I will say they are walking distance and one way to get there is through an underground subway passage. That was kind of fun as there are so many shops and a lot to look at but since I had a luggage *and* am lazy, I end up taking the taxi and it was very inexpensive - less than 5 bucks (i think). If you have a big luggage, i recommend taking a taxi but if you dont mind that, you can definitely walk.

As for PH hotel itself, i would say its worth it especially if your com is paying for it. Last time, I got a suit for $450. We had 4 people in the room, and kind of justify the and I thought it was awsome room. The bathroom was worth the money - marble floor with automatic curtains and flat screen TV which you can turn on/off the sound from the tub. Wow, ^ ^ ^ The regular room might be different I dont know but I would think all their rooms has similar style bathroom.

Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:51 am

I would call PH and have them pick you up @ Grand since PH offers a free shuttle service to/from the City Air Terminal which is right next to Grand.

BTW, I recommend to take the City Air Terminal bus from the airport instead of Korean Air Limousine (KAL) bus which makes multiple hotel stops before the bus reaches the Grand. Also, the front desk @ Grand offers discounted City Air Terminal bus tickets.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:46 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks for the assistance to prior posters on my questions relating to location. It turns out that my room at the PH looked right out on the COEX center and the Intercontinental Grand so I had no problem understanding the logistics of the move over to the IC.

We loved the PH, it has a nice boutique feel to it and great furnishings, bathrooms, etc in the rooms. It totally blows away the IC Grand, and surprisingly my corporate rate at the PH was about the same as the group rate that I got for an event at the IC Grand. Actually, next to the PH Saigon, this one seemed to be the best rate of a Park Hyatt as compared to others I've stayed at (most in the $500 or EU500 range). The service is also very good, the shuttled me over to the IC Grand, insisting they do that instead of me paying for a cab (that actually was the last straw for our decision on where to stay our last night in town, we asked them to book us back into the PH for that last night). The diamond breakfast was decent ( a bit limited) and actually the IC across the street had a better spread which we tried during our stay there. We also had dinner at the PH (same restaurant where breakfast is served) and it was Italian theme/style, pretty good but very pricey for what we got.

This is a great hotel, if you are a fan of Park Hyatts, I think you will find this one fits right in with sophisticated luxury these properties are known to offer.

As for transportation, I thought that ICN was like Narita, so far out that only big-wig execs could afford a car service. I checked with the hotel and found a luxury sedan pickup was only a bit north of $140US, so I used that. It was nice, with recline seats in the back! On the return to the airport we used a cab and it was cheaper (no traffic at all so it was as fast as possible) I think about $80US. I'd probably do the cab both ways next time, it was a perfectly nice car.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:19 pm
sy7

Transportation from ICN

I recently stayed here (thanks to all the previous reviews!).

As previously posted, the easiest (cost-effective) way to get to the hotel is to take the limosine bus to the City Air terminal (direct bus). Once you get there, there are big signs telling you to ask for free transfers at the hotel desk (which is actually directly in front as you exit from the bus unloading area into the terminal). Basically the desk gives you a taxi voucher for the short (5 min) ride to the hotel. This is extremely convenient, since it means there is no need to (1) call for the shuttle or (2) wait for the shuttle. Also, the building now has a big Hyatt sign on the top, so the hotel is obvious as you pass by it on the way to the City Air terminal.

If you didn't bring a laptop, you can ask the front desk to use the "business center." They have 2 laptops that you can use in the lobby lounge area free of charge. (I don't think there is a wifi signal in the hotel rooms though).

The room had 3 oranges which I took to be the diamond amenity. However, on the second night, I also got a plate of appetizers plus more fruit so I'm assuming the diamond amenity is more generous than simply 3 oranges .

I enjoyed the modern room decor. I especially liked the various textures in the room and bathroom--never thought of that before as a design element. Yeah, the hotel did somewhat go for form over function, but it's fun to inhabit it for a couple of days.

Last edited by sy7; Nov 5, 2006 at 11:28 pm
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Here are some guest photos of the Park Hyatt Seoul:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=park...%20seoul&w=all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.