Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by mikew99
(3) I didn't take the bus to the Korea City Air Terminal as described in this thread. Instead I was directed to go outside to stop 11B and take the Seoulbus (http://seoulbus.co.kr/) #6006 or #6300 for 10,000 Won non-stop to COEX. The bus stopped directly in front of the COEX exhibition center, about a 5-minute walk to the hotel. Once you exit the bus, you can look ahead to the next intersection and you'll see the words "Park Hyatt Seoul" at the top of the hotel tower.

You can cross the intersection via the underground subway, but with rolling luggage, it's easier to just cross via surface streets.

For the return trip to ICN, the same Seoulbus #6006 and #6300 stops directly across the street from the hotel. The offered to chauffeur me to the KCAT to catch a bus there, but I couldn't see the point when the Seoulbus stop was right across the street from the hotel.

The Seoulbus was cheaper than the bus that goes to KCAT, and stops closer to the Park Hyatt, so I'm not sure why it isn't discussed more, but I can recommend it.
I ended up on this bus from ICN a year or two, not realizing it wasn't the bus to the KCAT terminal I was used to using. A bit disorienting, but I had remembered the location of the department store and IC Grand vis a vis the Park Hyatt.

My biggest complaint about the PH is from the ground level main streets there is no indication of an entrance. Unless you make your way around to the back where the driveway entrance is, it is almost impossible to locate a way into the building except through the restaurant door!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by laurajoyce
When my husband and I stayed on an award (almost 2 years ago) we were not given a room by the elevator.
Same here. Have stayed a couple of times on awards (usually doing a paid followed by and award night.) My rooms were always quite a ways down the hall.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:20 pm

when one has diamond status and uses a voucher, how much better is the upgraded room versus the standard?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by japaik
when one has diamond status and uses a voucher, how much better is the upgraded room versus the standard?
just one category upgrade to deluxe king (only 30$ fare difference).. not impressive.. if you have a suite upgrade certi, I recommend to use that.. suite is quite good..
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:23 am
ljv

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Skywards Silver
Stayed at the PH Seoul on an award stay for four nights in early July.

Very nice experience with probably the only disappointment being the "quiet" side. The view is certainly much better on the other side. The interior of the room looked phenomenal and I especially like the shower and bathtub. The bath salts and shampoo and douche gel were extremely nice as well.

Had one dinner in the downstairs restaurant which was pretty good albeit a bit expensive. Location was great for me - close to COEX and only a few subway stops away from most major attractions (excluding N-Tower). Great service by the staff and also one of the few places in Seoul where everyone spoke near-fluent English.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:40 am

anyone know if the PH seoul has run promotions before for longer stays? thinking of a 5+ day stay in November and wondering if they will have any free night / discount promotions above and beyond system-wide promos.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
I stayed in the PH Seoul in a city facing suite for 4 days a month ago as a Diamond. I booked the cheapest possible corporate rate and used one of my suite upgrade awards.

The suite is fantastic. I loved the modern minimalistic feel but also the earthy tones and great bathroom. The pool is interesting especially given that the cafe/restaurant guests are entirely visible to each other. The complimentary breakfast has to be among the best out there. It's not the biggest buffet selection, but I liked the way they organised different foods into different sections. I'd definitely consider staying there again, however next time I might stay somewhere different, perhaps the Grand Hyatt.

Re COEX, what a disappointment. Pretty poor shopping mall if you ask me.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:53 pm

Park Suite King at Park Hyatt Seoul

Updated my blog post on Park Hyatt Seoul and integrated pictures, video and timelapse of Park Suite King:

http://travel.bart.la/2011/04/18/par...k-hyatt-seoul/

Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Dia, HH Gold
Stayed in the same suite for 5 days last year. May be my favorite Hyatt, beautiful room, great location and the best service I've ever received at any hotel. Will return to see more of Korea.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
park suite vs 2 regular rooms?

I will be staying here end of march 2012 for three nights at park suite, I used 23000 points for each night. however i am guessing my mother in law will visit us during our stay, so it will be 3 adults with 1 baby. Will park suite big enough for three adult + 1 baby? According to youtube video it does look spacious, or should i just get two reg rooms for 30000 points per night. is park suite two times bigger than reg room? any recommendation? I am also considering grand hyatt if their suite is bigger than park hyatt.
How's diamond breakfast at park hyatt? is it american style buffet? or can i order from the menu? if i can how much do they allow for diamond breakfast?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by xuni4everx
I will be staying here end of march 2012 for three nights at park suite, I used 23000 points for each night. however i am guessing my mother in law will visit us during our stay, so it will be 3 adults with 1 baby. Will park suite big enough for three adult + 1 baby? According to youtube video it does look spacious, or should i just get two reg rooms for 30000 points per night. is park suite two times bigger than reg room? any recommendation? I am also considering grand hyatt if their suite is bigger than park hyatt.
How's diamond breakfast at park hyatt? is it american style buffet? or can i order from the menu? if i can how much do they allow for diamond breakfast?
Standard room is 42sq and Suite between 64 and 70sq.
Maximum occupancy is 3 persons for the suite and there are rollaway beds for kids under 12 years. If you don't want to sleep in one bed with your mother in law I would take two rooms (no suite with two beds). They will usually upgrade at least one room to "Deluxe" (48-52sq) as Diamond. And I have to say there isn't a very big difference between a 52sq Deluxe room and the 64sq suite...

Breakfast is great in my opionion. They have a buffett and open kitchen with made to order options. I remember there is "a la carte" too, but I don't know their policy for Diamonds here. I would bet on it that everything will be waived from your bill at check-out.

Breakfast is at Cornerstone restaurant - see menu here:
http://hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels..._breakfast.pdf

PH Seoul is my favorite Hyatt property worldwide (and I have stayed in nearly every PH outside of the US) - enjoy!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'm staying at this property in 10~ days, and am currently booked into a Park Deluxe King. The PH had some good rates over the summer ($200 per night).. As a Diamond, should I expect an upgrade to a higher level room, especially since this is a paid reservation? I've still got a great room, so if I don't get an upgrade, I won't be disappointed...

TIA
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
PH or Incheon for 1st night?

Planning a leisure trip to Seoul for the end of March. Plane lands at around 5:30 PM, so by the time we get through customs, etc., I'm sure it would be after 7, maybe even closer to 8, by the time we get to the PH. Thinking of just staying the 1st night at the HR Incheon, which would be about US$140 cheaper. Does this sound like a good idea, or just a poor use of vacation time?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Gimpo a good option?

I had been planning on using ANA, but I've found that Asiana has a better schedule, although it is 9000 yen more. With Asiana we would be able to fly into Gimpo, which is obviously closer, but is is better? Is the transportation between the PH and Gimpo much better than Incheon?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I had been planning on using ANA, but I've found that Asiana has a better schedule, although it is 9000 yen more. With Asiana we would be able to fly into Gimpo, which is obviously closer, but is is better? Is the transportation between the PH and Gimpo much better than Incheon?
Gimpo is much more convenient. I have always taken taxis from/to GMP, but public transportation is also an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.