Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Got in late to a problem with a reservation for a double. Took awhile to sort out and they bumped us to a really great suite to find enough beds. I'm sure it was not the base suite by far. Unfortunately got in late and left early. Would have loved to have it longer.

Not that long a shuttle ride to and from National. Would think about staying here and riding the train into DC next time.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I had a very short but unsatisfactory stay here in mid-May.

Late checkin (11pm) early checkout (7AM flight). No breakfast options (diamond or otherwise) prior to 6AM. Hopes of making a cup of coffee in the room dashed when I noticed the reservoir was filled with dirt and what looked like paint chips.

Checked out to catch the 5AM bus back to DCA. The FDC inquired about my stay and I was truthful that I was disappointed there was no option for food prior to 6AM (perhaps I'm just spoiled by the DFW GH) and that I couldn't even make a cup of coffee in the room.

She apologized and offered "some points". About a week later, with no points appearing I filled out the email stay survey matter of factly. About 3 weeks later I received an email: "Please accept my apologies on behalf of all our associates for not delivering the service our guests deserve and expect from us." And then I was offered, not the promised points, but an upgrade or free VIP pick up/drop off.

As I was here solely for a short overnight layover, and wouldn't stay here otherwise, I find the offer paltry - I'd much prefer a simple goodwill points deposit as initially stated. As I still haven't been given points, nor was my followup ever responded to, it's unlikely I'll be staying here again.

I would have been fine with a simple initial apology if that was all there was. Since I was offered points I do expect them to live up to the declaration.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
She apologized and offered "some points". About a week later, with no points appearing I filled out the email stay survey matter of factly.
That's SOP for this hotel. Offer points when they screw something up, but don't actually give them.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had a terrible stay at this place last month. I explicitly requested 4PM checkout when I checked in, however the next day around 1PM, the housekeeping started to knock on my door. I have to tell the housekeeping that I have 4PM checkout. At 2PM, some one even tried to open my door using a master keycard. I have to tell them again I have 4PM checkout. And when I finally checkout at the FD around 3PM, the FD lady looked puzzled and told me I was already checked out (by some one). In retrospect I should have filed a complaint.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
Staying in an Executive / Deluxe King right now and having a very mediocre stay.

No Diamond line upon check in. There also no organized line, so agents were just pulling people at random. I handed over my ID and credit card. Got nothing more than a Hello and then a Thank You with my keys. There was no explanation or recognition of my Diamond benefits and no offer of late checkout.

Room is fine; average Hyatt Regency. Note that this hotel has fairly thin walls, so I was able to hear people in other rooms and even when they went to the bathroom. There was some trash left over from the previous guest also. Blackout curtains allow a fair amount of light bleed in the mornings, so don't expect them to work fully.

So, the hotel is great for mattress running and/or just for a quick trip to DC. I wouldn't recommend it for anything else.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphamBU

So, the hotel is great for mattress running and/or just for a quick trip to DC. I wouldn't recommend it for anything else.
If you look up a few posts you might see that it's not even that good for a quick trip to DC.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:04 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

If you look up a few posts you might see that it's not even that good for a quick trip to DC.
It's a good place to stay when attending a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obscure2k
It's a good place to stay when attending a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery.
Having dealt with some recent unexpected death (as well) you're on to a level that has nothing to do with hotel service.

And my condolences to you.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I agree with you. I've stayed at pretty much all the Hyatt hotels in the DC proper and this one is surely the worst.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:21 pm

I am planning to use Hyatt gift card during checkout next month at Hyatt Regency Crystal City-DCA. Did anyone have problems using gc? And can I use multiple GCs for the same stay? If so, what's maximum # of GCs I can use? TIA
Old May 4, 2017, 1:52 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by isac
I am planning to use Hyatt gift card during checkout next month at Hyatt Regency Crystal City-DCA. Did anyone have problems using gc? And can I use multiple GCs for the same stay? If so, what's maximum # of GCs I can use? TIA
You may want to check out this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...gift-card.html
Old May 6, 2017, 7:51 pm

That helped a lot. I appreciate your response.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:14 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I had a flight cancellation and ended up spending a few hours here. It’s not great, but workable for a $100 airport hotel.

My flight landed 10 minutes to midnight, and I wasn’t clear about the shuttle situation (“leaves the hotel every 20 minutes on the hour until 12am”). I called the hotel to ask whether the last shuttle would arrive at ~12.10 and take me back to the hotel (rather than going to a parking lot), but nobody picked up. I took a taxi ($9.xx = $15 with tip).

Check-in was very disorganized. Two positions staffed, at the WOH carpet. No elite priority. When I did get to the counter, the agent told me (without prodding) that they didn’t have any suites left, but that they had assigned me a corner room. It’s a fairly large room that would pass for a junior suite elsewhere, and fairly modern (the usual HR refurb). Walls are paper thin, and I could overhear my neighbors talking.

I wasn’t given any information about elite benefits, and while I was able to figure out breakfast (full buffet, 6-noon), my Glob water bottle remained elusive. In fact, I wasn’t even able to pay for a bottle — the shop was closed and the vending machine was broken. Breakfast was pretty good for a North American airport hotel, although pretty poor service (brought coffee instead of tea, didn’t refill water).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I havent stay here In many years but in regards to Glob water after hours, generally speaking, I just call the front desk and let them figure out how they will get me my bottle water.

Usually housekeeping would just bring up a couple of bottles.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/19 - 12/20

Location: The hotel is located pretty far south for the Crystal City hotels, on the other side of the VA-223 overpass right next to the Courtyard. It's about a .6 mile walk to the Metro and a few blocks to a couple dozen restaurants ranging from fast food to upscale chains to even a combo steakhouse and strip club (yes, really). It's also .4 miles from an Enterprise Rent-a-Car which is a nice feature. The area is safe and I didn't feel scared walking around even at night.

Hotel: A fairly generic looking monolith from the outside but pleasing on the inside. The lobby has a central atrium which is flanked by a bar and restaurant and the check in areas. Below the lobby are two vast floors of meeting space. There's a "business center" in the lobby but do note if you use a computer for more than 15 minutes or print more than 6 pages a day you get charged which feels really chintzy. The airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes starting on the hour. It's currently picking up on the upper level at DCA but that'll probably change six times in the next week.

Check In: I arrived at 8 AM and was able to get right into my booked Ambassador Suite which was a huge, huge plus. I was also asked if I wanted to use my 2 PM check out. Staff were always friendly when I interacted with them.

Room: The suite itself has an odd design. The bathroom is located just inside the entrance before you get to the living room. The living room itself is dominated by a massive 65 inch TV above the work space. The bedroom has another, smaller TV as well as outlets next to the bed and lots of lighting. There's also a balcony with a scenic view of a bus depot.

Other: I requested room service which was oddly food and drink from the coffee shop in the lobby served as to go. It strikes me as a huge waste of plastic.

My rate was $119 for the suite ($89 for a regular room). I was impressed by the hotel and would gladly come back, even with the longer walks than some of the other properties to the Metro.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.