Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:16 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
There was a bunch of advise on the Train already. Just make sure you don't step into one that passes by the main train station. It will announce this if it does.

If you only have one roller bag for luggage just walk from the train station to the Hotel. It a very nice ~10min walk. You can buy a map once you arrive at the main train station that shows the directions to the hotel.

There is also a very nice Hotel display Board upon arrival in the ZRH main train station as well. Ont he board it shows a map with where the station is and where the Hotel is to orient you. It also has a phone where you just enter the code for the Hyatt listed on the board and it connects you directly to the Hotel if you have any questions on how to get there. They can alos tell you the best trolley.

If your diamond and they don't upgrade you to one of the larger rooms express some dissapointment when the bring you to your room for the checkin process and they may send you a free bottle of wine.

2 out of 3 times I was upgraded to a larger room (first two on FFNs and the 3rd on GPs). The 3rd time I mentioned that I was disapointed that I didn't get the larger rooms because I enjoy them so much. They explained the Hotel was sold out (I verified on Hyatt.com afterwards) and they sent a free bottle of wine up. Don't expect an ammenity card at checkin. They will just have a small fruit bowl and bottle of water in the room for you ammenity if your diamond.

Have a great time and stroll down the walk on the side of the lake as well as altstadt (old town). Its a very nice city to visit and Hyatt to stay at.

Originally Posted by tinnub
Great to hear your mini report. I will be there next month. Could you post the directions from the airport, such as which tram to take and which stop to get off at. Also if any other advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:45 pm

We'll be staying here in next month. Can't wait!

What's the best way to go to the hotel from airport? We're thinking of taking the train from airport to main station, then cab it.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
The train is your best bet. When you arrive in the airport you will see signs for the train (no need to speak German, they will have a small picture of a train on it).

One floor above the actual train tracks there are kiosks and desks where you can buy your ticket. For me, its easier to wait in the line (takes no more than 5-10min) and buy the ticket since they can tell you the track number. The
people at the ticket boths speak english (at least everyone I've met).

Airport to Hotel in the taxi is very expensive for how far it is away. $40-$80 one way.

I'm usually in/out in one day (over night transit) so I buy a 24hr pass.

Once arriving in downtown, you can walk from the train station to the hotel if you don't have a lot of luggage. Its about 10-15 min - a nice walk. Or you can take the tram which drops you off within a couple hundred feet of the hotel. Other option is a taxi but they are expensive even for this short trip (~$16). I'll update this post with the tram numbers to take for the hotel tomorrow when I return home.

Originally Posted by broadwayboy

What's the best way to go to the hotel from airport? We're thinking of taking the train from airport to main station, then cab it.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by broadwayboy

We were there twice in May ... first and last nights of a 15 day Swiss vacation.

There's a train about every 15 mintues to the main station from the airport, so it's very convenient. From the main station to the Hyatt is about 1 km. What we did was take a trolley bus. There's several lines that get you to the Hyatt... the stop you want to go to is the Stockerstrasse Station. That station is at the intersection with Beethovenstrasse. The Hyatt's just about 100 yards from the station on Beethovenstrasse. The numbers I remember for sure are 13 and 6. But a couple other lines also cover that route. (And 6 doesn't run past the Train Station on Sunday). It's only about 4 stops and takes less than 5 minutes. It's pretty easy to do (we did it with a 5 year old and 3 year old).

Seeing that you're a Diamond: Breakfast is complimentary for Diamonds, either the cold buffet that's set out - as well as ordering eggs, bacon, etc on top of the buffet (I think they normally charge 36 or 45 CHF per person!). They way they do it though, is that you get a bill for the breakfast, you sign it to your room, but it doesn't show up on your room bill (except for any tip you also sign to the breakfast bill).
Old Jul 28, 2006, 8:51 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Definitely the train is the way to go. I have taken a taxi from the train station (about US$15,) and also walked it, when the weather is nice. With a rollerboard, I found that walking towards the Coop store and then across the bridge, walking along the river, then crossing back over once you get to a bridge past the Zum Storchen (which will be on the opposite side of the river from you,) is the easiest route. If you stay on the other side of the river, same side as the train station, along the river, there are steps to deal with and a few diversions. Of course, you can always walk down the Bahnhof Str, but it can be a bit crowded. Remember to turn left when the street trolleys, from the station, turn right.

Also, the front desk sells Inter Touch cards (12 hours of total usage was CHF35) which can be used for the wireless in the lobby area. Convenient to check your email at breakfast or at evening cocktails, as I rarely am sitting around in the room. They are good at any hotel that uses Inter Touch, but the do expire in 90 days, as I found out this past weekend at the GH Beijing, where I tried to use it on their Inter Touch system.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
-Their restaurant is quite nice - ask for a table with street view. Careful as some of their tables are smaller than a fast food chain
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Was there about a month or so ago. Service is excellent. Rooms are a mix of PH Chicago and PH Paris Vendome - bath with sliding doors; Mautin toiletries. Public areas verge on the garish - highlight is the restaurant, which is really quite nice. Lows - the bar (unbelievably cheesy crowd, especially on Thursday/Friday) and the decor in the corridors.

All in all - it's good, but very expensive for what it is (but you are in Zurich or "Zu Reich"). There aren't a lot of options in Zurich, though.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I stayed in the PH Zurich for one night on Sunday. In fact, I arrived at about 1030 a.m. and spent the day there. I can't add much to Snorkmaster's comments, other than to endorse what he said. I found it to be one of the best hotels at which I have ever stayed. The service was excellent.

I did managed to spend some time in the Onyx bar on Sunday evening. The ceilings on the first floor are high--maybe 20 or more feet. The bar area has backlight glass shelves on the walls right up to the ceiling. There is a nice decorative display of various vodka bottles. The selection in the bar is excellent.

I will also comment that the food is superb. I had both lunch, dinner and breakfast in the hotel. In the past, I have stayed at the airport Hilton, but going forward, the Park Hyatt will be my hotel of choice when I am in Zurich.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: American EP 3.5mil. miles; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond VIP
I have stayed at quite a few Hyatts (been Diamond for many years). The Park Hyatt Zurich is the finest I have stayed, especially being in a city and not a resort. My wife still says the yogurt served at their breakfast buffet is the best she has ever tasted. We were upgraded to a suite, and,truly it took us a couple of hours to figure out all the technical buttons and gadgets. The staff could not have been more professional. The front desk staff spoke a variety of languages...English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.

Zurich itself is a very intriguing city. Quite a nightlife area walking distance from the Park Hyatt, and it is in the middle of the financial district. We thoroughly enjoyed the city and the Park Hyatt.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Any updates?

We will be at the PH ZRH on points. Diamond status. Are we still able to "flash" our card for the continental breakfast? Is there a buy up option? Sounds like the train from ZRH to the hbf (central station) and then a cab still works. ? Are Diamonds getting room upgrades? Can someone comment on a trip to Interlaken (spelling ?) and the amount of time that would take? Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We will be at the PH ZRH on points. Diamond status. Are we still able to "flash" our card for the continental breakfast? Is there a buy up option? Sounds like the train from ZRH to the hbf (central station) and then a cab still works. ? Are Diamonds getting room upgrades? Can someone comment on a trip to Interlaken (spelling ?) and the amount of time that would take? Any info appreciated. Thanks.
The answer to your breakfast questions are in the last paragraph of my post on July 27.

On each floor, there are 2 larger Executive rooms (rm 406 and 422 on the 4th floor). We were given Room 422 during both our stays in May.

In between our two nights at Park Hyatt, we pretty much covered all of Switzerland by train over two weeks. The trains were all on time to within a minute of schedule. The train from Zurich to Interlaken is about 2 hours. Most of the time, you have to switch trains in Bern. You can get all train schedules on-line in English at: http://www.sbb.ch/en/
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by richee
The answer to your breakfast questions are in the last paragraph of my post on July 27.

On each floor, there are 2 larger Executive rooms (rm 406 and 422 on the 4th floor). We were given Room 422 during both our stays in May.

In between our two nights at Park Hyatt, we pretty much covered all of Switzerland by train over two weeks. The trains were all on time to within a minute of schedule. The train from Zurich to Interlaken is about 2 hours. Most of the time, you have to switch trains in Bern. You can get all train schedules on-line in English at: http://www.sbb.ch/en/
Thanks for the tip about the room number.

For your breakfast, just mention you are Diamond at the reception- you have to sign the bill anyway but it does not post. Make sure that they do not charge you for water...or for things that should be part of the continental breakfast buffet but they forgot to display.

The restaurant is still OK - on the expensive side especially for the 'daily recommendation'. Make sure to pre-reserve a table by the window - they have those very small tables for two (which belong more to a fast food than a star restaurant....).
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:44 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Park Hyatt Zurich report 2/2007 impressed!

Moderator. Please feel free to consolidate under thread after fellow FTs have had a chance to view and comment. Thanks.

Preface: Needed to be in BOS and IAD for meetings. Award sounded like the way to go. Used points. Flew into ZRH on Swiss in F from BOS.

Rate: Used points as this was a weekday and only here one night.

Transportation: My flight out of BOS was delayed due to weather. As I would now arrive and depart within 24 hours purchased 24 ticket at ZRH. 12 CHF. As has been commented on before you can buy the ticket most easily from the ticket (billet) office. They will tell you the next track number. ZRH hbf was the third stop this morning. From the hbf I took a cab which was 18 CHF all in. A little pricey but this is ZRH.

Parking: n/a

Check-in: I knew I would arrive early. I contacted a great person at the Hotel who confirmed a Park King would be ready upon my arrival. I appreciated that. Upon arrival the Hotel was already busy with other trying to get checked in also. True to word my room was available and upgraded. I was given a Executive Room on 6 facing the inner courtyard area. Asked to select newspaper for morning.

Perks: The agent confirmed a full breakfast was given as a Diamond member.

Lounge: No Lounge at this property.

Room: You enter onto wood. A nice size closet is to the right followed by the bathroom. You have a mini bar (electronic) setup with two bottles of I guess comp water atop. You then enter onto carpet. My king non-smoke bed is to the right followed by a leather/fabric comfy chair with ottoman and marble top side table. I have a glass desk with two chairs. A side setup has the telephone. This is followed by a B&O tv with dvd player. Discs are available. Follow this with a make up table. Very very nice. Good sized room. Oh. You also have a neat little side door by the window to let in fresh air.

Bathroom: Lovely. I guess that might be onyx. I guess. To the right you have toilet closet with frost glass door. A single basin sink with amenities. Blaise Mautin. I knew you would ask- SanDiego1k. You follow this with a rain showe and separate hug soaking tub. That is getting some use tonight. This is in a white marble walled area. No glass door here. You have a towel warming rack.

Internet: I was told since this is an Executive room it is comp. Wired. When I went to login- 0 chf. Now that works!

Gym: I think this is on five. Travelling light so I will not make it there.

Spa: They have one.

Eating venues: Will try and comment. The Onyx bar is supposed to be very popular according to the agent.

Local markets: I would think everything is available within a short walk.

Local area: Perfect location.

Nagatives: NONE.

Closing: Would return in a second. I hope my wife finally makes it into here. Regards from ZRH. More if necessary.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:28 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The full breakfast and free internet must be a new perk, as last January, only the buffet in the first floor lobby lounge was free, additional charge for eggs, etc, and I had to pay for in room HSIA and also the wireless in the lobby (get the card from the front desk.) The gym is very nice, though not as large as GH BKK or GH HK. Spa treatments, as expected, a bit on the pricy side. But isn't everything in ZRH?

Definitely one of my favorite places.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:59 pm

Service is ok. Just ok. I requested some ice and after it did not arrive called down to the front desk again. A maintenance engineer came by for the glass bucket. After filling it he simply entered the room with his pass key without ringing the bell again. Room service has prompt, good, hot and expensive. This is ZRH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.