FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/352704-hyatt-regency-woodfield-schaumburg-review-master-thread.html)

Tummy Sep 7, 2004 1:31 am

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield in Schaumburg, Il last Thursday night to start off our labor day trip. We were coming in late, so used 1-800 checkin and was assigned a "suite" on the 5th (top) floor. The suite turned out to be just a larger room with an odd layout, though it did have a small balcony with a pool / interior view. The room and soft goods were good, though it felt a little bit small.

I guess that they either don't have an RC or it was closed on Friday since they gave me one breakfast certificate (valid for only one person) at check in. Let me say that at every Hyatt I've ever stayed at previously, provided breakfast certificates good for everyone that is registered in the room or RC access as a Diamond. When I went down to ask the front desk about getting a second one for the second guest in my room, they said that it is their policy to give only one breakfast certificate per room even if there is more than one guest registered in the room. I found that odd and inconsistent with other hotels, but both agents insisted that that is their policy for the Diamond breakfast certificates.

After speaking with the front desk, I called the Diamond customer service number and the agent informed me that the hotel is correct and that it is the hotel which sets their Diamond breakfast certificate policy. I found that interesting because my interpretation of rule #6 of the the Diamond T&Cs is a little different than what I was being told and have experienced at other locations.

Platinum & Diamond Terms and Conditions

We ended up just checking out a few minutes later and skipped breakfast.

flyme2 Sep 7, 2004 5:54 am

That's odd. My wife and I stayed at that very property twice this past July and had no problem getting 2 b/f certs. We didn't even have to ask. I wonder if they've changed their policy?

787 Sep 7, 2004 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Tummy

After speaking with the front desk, I called the Diamond customer service number and the agent informed me that the hotel is correct and that it is the hotel which sets their Diamond breakfast certificate policy. I found that interesting because my interpretation of rule #6 of the the Diamond T&Cs is a little different than what I was being told and have experienced at other locations.

'plus continental breakfast each morning of their stay for each guest registered in the room.'

Sounds like Diamond Customer Service and the hotel need to review their T&Cs.

jasfin Sep 8, 2004 6:06 pm

I've stayed their several times and in general have been well satisfied
They do not have an RC
Breakfast certs (1or2) are inconsistent you can never tell-at times they have given me two when I'm traveling alone

ORDLEO Sep 8, 2004 8:06 pm

Woodfield Hyatt

I stayed there several times last couple of months. For diamond member, usually they will provide one BF voucher but will give 2 if you ask. These photo copied vouchers are unreadable about the exact terms and conditions. The last time I was there and was given one voucher but I needed 2 and was told that one voucher can be used for 2 people. They don't have RC as another poster mentioned and the usual "Suites" they give are the one with balcony (but noisy because of next to elevator lobby) or the corner room (slightly larger and quieter).

I have noticed that varied inconsistency of the free continental breakfast policies among the Hyatt hotels for Diamond members. Some includes gratituty and some allowed full buffet breakfast.

xFlagger Sep 11, 2004 10:20 am

this needs to be followed up

Originally Posted by 787

'plus continental breakfast each morning of their stay for each guest registered in the room.'

Sounds like Diamond Customer Service and the hotel need to review their T&Cs.

The actions of the hotel are completely wrong if you read the rules. Tummy, for the benefit of all, you should contact the general manager at the hotel, fax him a copy of the rules, then ask why his/her employees acted against the policy of the company. If you remember the name of the custoemr service agent that also told you that hotels set their own policy, you may want to follow up there too.

The only reason I can think of that a property would do this is if they are owned by another corporation and flying under the Hyatt flag. Sometimes when I stay at Starwood Properties that are not owned by Starwood, I get a little less than "regular" Platinum service.

Just my .02, but I would do follow up if that happend to me.

CF

Tummy Sep 29, 2004 12:11 pm

I stayed there again last Thursday on PL and can report that it's still basically the same.

The evening of our arrival, I used 1-800 check in and requested a room with two double beds. We got one without issue. Priceline rules allow two adults per room, so they hotel wanted to charge $25 more for me to share my room with my parents.

It appears that they don't bend the rules for Diamonds. Which is fine and they are within their rights to do that. I've just never had a domestic location be so strict about it especially when we had a room that can accommodate four and I have their highest earned loyalty status. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll remember to book two rooms.

Overall I think the location is good, right across the street from Woodfield mall, the rooms are newer, clean, and comfortable. Plus it's fairly easy to get on PL. It's just these few things that bother me. I didn't go down for breakfast this time.

I sent an email to Hyatt consumer affairs about the first incident last week, here's the reply I received a few minutes ago:

Dear Mr. Tummy,

Please accept my apology for the frustration you encountered at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield when you were given one breakfast coupon per room rather than per person in the room. Your comments will be forwarded to Norm Canfield, General Manager of the hotel, as well as the management staff of the Gold Passport Customer Service office, so they can make sure the staff is familiar with the Terms and Conditions of the Gold Passport Program.

Your confidence in Hyatt hotels and the Gold Passport Program is important to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to bring this matter to our attention. We value our guests' feedback and use them to better our service and product. We hope you will view this matter as an isolated experience and give us the opportunity to serve you in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Gloria Hightree
Consumer Affairs

Happy Sep 30, 2004 9:42 am

different treatments at Woodfield on 2 stays that were one week apart

Stayed at Woodfield location on 9/19 Sunday and again on 9/27 Monday.

Checked in really early on 9/19, around 10:30 am. The front desk agent cheerfully gave me a BIG room (asscessability for disables), kingbed with 2 comfy chairs and lots of space between bed and sitting area, with a balcony though overlooking nothing but concrete inside the square. (the hotel consists of 4 groups of buildings arranging in the form of squares - guess it is the Frank Lloyd Wright influenced design). I think it is Room 5312. The bathroom is very spacious to accommodate wheelchair. It has a low lying tub with shower. We liked the showerhead which is the removable kind with handle. She also promptly gave me 2 breakfast coupons without prompting.
Amenity choices were also promptly offered. Very satisfied stay.

On the second stay, we checked in around 4:30. I asked a similar room or a corner room. I should have asked for the same room we stayed before. The girl was not very competent. She completely forgot my diamond status. I had to remind her to get my amenity choices card. She also only gave me one breakfast coupon. I said there are 2 guests. She said one coupon per room, I said one coupon per guest. Then she gave me the 2nd coupon.

I dont know it is because of the hotel management or the front desk staff, all I can say is the performance is inconsistent.

The room we got on our second stay was small, especially the bathroom - so tiny you cannot have 2 persons in the room. My recommendation is to ask for a room for disability if you happen to stay there.

SkyTeam777 Sep 3, 2005 9:10 am

Does this hotel have the new Grand Beds and room redesigns? is there an executive/premium level of rooms (even there is no lounge)?

RichardInSF Sep 3, 2005 11:18 am

Last time I stayed here, I got a "suite" like the OP got -- a slightly larger, oddly shaped room. This is a decent hotel, average suburban HR, not memorable, but functional. Parking is free, which is a plus.

trd Sep 4, 2005 2:17 pm

I stayed last night (alone) so I can't comment on multiple breakfast coupons, but I was slightly upgraded to a very large corner room which appeared to be recently redone. The last time I stayed there several years ago I was upgraded to a small suite.

cmhua777 Sep 4, 2005 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Last time I stayed here, I got a "suite" like the OP got -- a slightly larger, oddly shaped room. This is a decent hotel, average suburban HR, not memorable, but functional. Parking is free, which is a plus.

My experience exactly. Stayed about two months ago.

izzik Oct 2, 2005 11:37 pm

Just finished up a one-night stay at the Hyatt Woodfield for FFN.
The lobby is impressive but the room itself was slightly above average. Ended up with an above average room (non-suite) with a sitting area and a view of the balcony that belonged to the adjoining room. Bathroom was kinda small. x315 room number, for reference.

Used the automated check-in machine - very efficient. On the checkout folio, there was no mention of the G3 bonus that I had signed up for when making the reservation. The clerk had no idea what I was talking about but she made some clicking noises with the keyboard nonetheless. We'll see when the stay posts.

Free parking is a good thing.. and it's right off the expressway. Doors are a little thin though.

CWAnderson Oct 3, 2005 5:27 pm

Woodfield and G3 bonus

I've stayed at the Woodfield Hyatt 4 times in the last month, and they are 1 for 4 in posting the G3 points. I'll send an email to the GPConcierge at some point and request the bonus points.

ENIAC Oct 9, 2005 8:01 pm

I just stayed there last night. No apparent room upgrade (a perfectly OK regular room with a decent bed on the 5th floor). I got two decent and legibly printed breakfast coupons without having to ask or demand anything, so maybe they improved on that. They did bring the wrong wine with the cheese and fruit amenity, but quickly swapped it for the right one.

I actually quite liked the place. Great shopping near by, particularly Ikea and Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack, both sorely lacking in Milwaukee. Then called by Oak Park for some architecture on the way home. Might well go back before FFN season finishes.