Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by travelismylife
I was told the lounge is permanently closed. Will ask for the 2500 points when I am there this weekend
Website is still showing Regency Club rooms with club access available for mid-week bookings in January. I can't recall the Lounge in its current location ever being open on weekends; perhaps the representative intended to say the Lounge was "permanently closed on WEEKENDS"?

Unfortunate if we did lose another RC, particularly here as I always found the staff very pleasant.

Cheers!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by travelismylife
I was told the lounge is permanently closed.
Not only is the club permanently closed, all signs on the floor have been removed from the walls. When asking around, it does not sound like there is anything coming back any time soon. Looks like the new owners are trying to save a buck.

You might as well stay at the Hyatt House in town, at least they have evening snacks and free wine/beer....

Time to shift my 50+ nights a year over to the Renaissance in Schaumburg.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Awww. The lounge staff were great, but I don't recall seeing many people in the lounge the handful of times that I was there.

On top of that, this was one of the few cat 1 hyatts that had a regency club, and offered 2.5k points for weekend closure. RIP.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:31 am

Angry

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Awww. The lounge staff were great, but I don't recall seeing many people in the lounge the handful of times that I was there.

On top of that, this was one of the few cat 1 hyatts that had a regency club, and offered 2.5k points for weekend closure. RIP.
Wow! Bad news! This is my mattress-run hotel. I could pretty much make money by staying there over weekend. The rate is around $90 usually. With the 1000 Diamond Welcome Points + the 2500 Points for Club Closure + free breakfast in restaurant for up to 4 people (usually around 17$ each plus tips) + Points earned + Giftcard savings if I use, you do the math......

I will definitely miss it.....
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by harbourxie
Wow! Bad news! This is my mattress-run hotel. I could pretty much make money by staying there over weekend. The rate is around $90 usually. With the 1000 Diamond Welcome Points + the 2500 Points for Club Closure + free breakfast in restaurant for up to 4 people (usually around 17$ each plus tips) + Points earned + Giftcard savings if I use, you do the math......

I will definitely miss it.....
+1. Also feeling the loss of my favorite mattress run. I agree with your math. It was even better when they would occasionally trough in complimentary appetizers for 4 (and welcome bag with 2 waters and coin for coffee.)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Club still listed online

I was just about to book a stay at the hotel seeing the club (still) listed online, but came upon this thread and I see it has closed. Has anyone stayed there recently on the weekend and got points due to club listed online, or are bonuses over? I assume the latter is the likely answer, but curious to know. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I called them before scheduling a mattress run. They closed the lounge and are putting a "market" in its place. So permanently closed doesn't get 2500pt.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rolo
I was just about to book a stay at the hotel seeing the club (still) listed online, but came upon this thread and I see it has closed. Has anyone stayed there recently on the weekend and got points due to club listed online, or are bonuses over? I assume the latter is the likely answer, but curious to know. Thanks.
It's listed as a Room Type On Hyatt's Website, but you can't actually book them anymore.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Globalist
Unhappy

The Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg continues it's downward spiral. This week they posted a sign on the breakfast buffet line stating that effective 5/1 if you want to get a fresh omelet on the buffet line, you will have to pay an additional $6 charge. I guess too many diamonds and too many corporate rates got a free breakfast so they have to raise fees.

They got rid of the Regency Club and now they are starting to cut back on the free breakfast, sure does not feel like a "Regency" class hotel. The so called Market is coming in the Fall, almost a year after they closed the Regency Club. The new management continues to chip away at the few benefits that this property once had. With the Hyatt Place and the Hyatt house all within a mile or so, not sure why frequent Hyatt guests would continue to use the Regency.

Last week I stayed at the Schaumburg Marriott and a few weeks earlier I stayed at the Marriott Renaissance. Both of those properties understand how to treat guests. I will max out my stay more play more points then I will be shifting to Marriott going forward.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I stayed here recently, for one night on a cheap AAA rate, and was quite pleased. I had worried given the negative comments here.

First of all I was upgraded to a suite without asking. I was given one of the one's in the corner of a courtyard with a powder room off of the entry, a dining room with a high table for four and wet bar with small refrigerator, little outdoor balcony looking down on the courtyard, windowless living room with desk, bedroom with the sliding frosted glass barn door, and large bathroom with rain shower and separate deep bathtub plus two sinks. It was a great free upgrade. One could argue that the room is a bit dated, but I thought it was fun with some of the dated parts, such as the bathroom counters that looked like small stones in clear laminate, seeming rather charming in their uniqueness. Yes, the room did show a bit of wear if one looked carefully, but many hotel rooms are like this.

I liked my served breakfast of a ham and cheese panini with hash brown potatoes. A specially that the waiter warned me would be sweet was French toast with Door County cherries and chocolate sauce. They also offer whole grain pancakes with fresh local blueberries, available also through room service. Another plus is that the breakfast buffet seemed to stay open later than I had expected, to about 11:30 instead of 10:30. Orders from the menu were supposed to end at 11, but I think some people were seated for breakfast and ordered until about noon on a weekend day.

At checkin, elites (I think Platinums too) were given a cute purple bag with two half liter bottles of water, a welcome message, a coupon for a free beverage at the Starbucks in the lobby, and two 10% discount coupons for the lobby restaurant. Repeat elites were being given a larger and fancier looking amenity bag, but I don't know what it contained beyond bottles of water.

There's a long heated indoor lap pool, WI all of it four feet deep. The outdoor pool has a small section indoors that's three feet deep and has stairs where little kid's could play, but the real outdoor part, 95% of the pool, is about four and a half feet deep, so that these pools really aren't suitable for kids unless they're strong swimmers.

The building is an interesting and unusual design. A few rooms have balconies over the indoor lobby atrium, but most are either over the outdoor pool courtyard or over a second outdoor courtyard that seems to normally have tables with ashtrays but had been used for a wedding rehearsal dinner during my stay. I arrived late enough that this wasn't an issue, but it could seem strange for a hotel guest to be using a balcony over such an event. The trees there have very pretty blue lights at night. This courtyard and the pool one seem to have rooms on the ground floor with sliding glass doors, but no outdoor furniture on their little concrete slab patios.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I stayed there this week for the first time. I thought it was OK, nothing great.

As many have noted, no RC. There is a market/faux Starbucks that I didn't try.

I got the little purple bag on check in, with 2 bottles of water (there were 2 more in the room), a free coffee token and a 10% market discount coupon. Drank the water, didn't use the rest. Otherwise, no acknowledgement of Diamond status, and no upgrade offered.

My room was fine...pretty good sized, good arrangement of TV and desk, nice couch. The bathroom was really small though, especially considering the unused space in the room. It's possible they upgraded me from a standard king to a premium king, though nobody told me that the did. I saw on my bill a notation that said "high floor" which is pretty amusing when the highest floor is 5.

The building is 5 floors, but sprawling. You can have (and I did have) a long schlep from the elevator to the room, and there are four different wings from each elevator lobby.

The breakfast buffet was better than most, I thought, other than the absence of an omelet bar. I did not try to order anything not on the buffet so I can't speak to additional charges.

There are tables outside the front entrance, and when I arrived at 3 pm they were full of people (all male now that I think about it)...not sure if they were guests or employees on break or just finished shift. There were no employees on duty outside the door, so no greeting, no offer to help with luggage.

I made the mistake of thinking this hotel was close to the airport; it's really not. There's no airport shuttle. I took a cab from the airport, and paid $60 for the privilege (they charge meter plus 50% to go to the suburbs). I took an Uber back for $25.

There are a lot of restaurants close by; Longhorn and Olive Garden directly across the street, Cheesecake Factory and probably others in the huge mall behind those two.

All in all, I rate this hotel a solid "meh." I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there, but if I had to be in office park in which it sits, I'd go back.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The hotel has at least one shuttle vehicle. I saw it arrive with a bunch of folks with luggage who headed to the front desk, presumably to check in. Could it be that the hotel provides local shuttle service only, or perhaps only for groups, but no general airport shuttle?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamo... Globalist
I Stayed here October 14-16 this year, and forgot to ask/confirm about the 2,500 bonus points for Regency Club closure. I called Gold Passport to inquire and was told as of March this year they no longer have a club, which aligns to what others have said in this thread.

Last edited by Gomie; Oct 25, 2016 at 3:15 pm
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
no lounge but can use Glob breakfast coupon at the coffee bar - 1 drink and 1 breakfast entrée. I found the buffet useless and tasteless - and I left $2 tip which should have been covered by WOH. But it was charged back to me. Options limited - very very very limited.

But there is good news - they have a green choice program which gives 500 pts for every day you don't use room cleaning service. I just stayed 2 days - I will check later to see if is deposited. One thing to note, you should mention how many days you did not use service at front desk when checking out (they have a door hanger that you suppose to use but I don't trust it). FD lady added my room number to a list she was keeping which I assume will be used to award the points. This is the best offer out there given Hyatt has abandoned any forms of promos.

About the pool - this is the second HR that has an indoor pool. and both located before the gym - so everyone that goes to the gym have to walk by the pool and see you swim. Columbus HR have same.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Here now as well. Can concur, breakfast buffet is a joke. Do not pay for it (everyone there is on a voucher). There are clubs with better breakfast than this $20 embarrassment.

I dont dislike the hotel in general, the location is sweet, but it seems overdue for a remodel and the removal of the club seems like a slap in the face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.