Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:01 am

I am currently staying here, my 2nd in 2 months. Even though they recognized my Diamond status at check-in (I was given club access), it baffles me that they do not provide any welcome amenity whatsoever. When I was leaving the Club Lounge this evening, I saw an attendant carrying few boxes of chocolates with some envelopes (which I assume are welcome notes from the hotel). In my 2 stays so far, I have never received any welcome notes, let alone a box of chocolate, or any F&B gifts that I normally receive as a Diamond in international locations. If, as a Diamond, I don't get the notes and chocolate, who are they for? Just VIPs?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
I was going to make a comment about Jakarta overall but I know I can be a VIP at immigration for a small price

I will be staying there this Nov for the first time, over my usual Alila hotel at Pecenongan, since it is heavy wedding season and I have to attend some of them. Will see if I get a Diamond Amenity.

Do they allow you to take breakfast at the restaurant or only at the club lounge?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I am currently staying here, my 2nd in 2 months. Even though they recognized my Diamond status at check-in (I was given club access), it baffles me that they do not provide any welcome amenity whatsoever. When I was leaving the Club Lounge this evening, I saw an attendant carrying few boxes of chocolates with some envelopes (which I assume are welcome notes from the hotel). In my 2 stays so far, I have never received any welcome notes, let alone a box of chocolate, or any F&B gifts that I normally receive as a Diamond in international locations. If, as a Diamond, I don't get the notes and chocolate, who are they for? Just VIPs?
From memory, I think I've gotten the box of chocolate when I have used a suite upgrade. It's fine, but nothing to get too worked up about.

Originally Posted by indo79
I was going to make a comment about Jakarta overall but I know I can be a VIP at immigration for a small price

I will be staying there this Nov for the first time, over my usual Alila hotel at Pecenongan, since it is heavy wedding season and I have to attend some of them. Will see if I get a Diamond Amenity.

Do they allow you to take breakfast at the restaurant or only at the club lounge?
Lounge only, unless you book a rate with breakfast. I did have one visit that when I checked in the desk agent said I'd get breakfast in either place, so I ate downstairs a few times. Then when I checked out I got the bill, but they did waive it.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
In my 2 stays so far, I have never received any welcome notes, let alone a box of chocolate, or any F&B gifts that I normally receive as a Diamond in international locations. If, as a Diamond, I don't get the notes and chocolate, who are they for? Just VIPs?
I had to ask for Diamond amenities, which is a box of pralines (9pcs) or small leather items (passport holder, luggage tags, keyholder, etc.)
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
From memory, I think I've gotten the box of chocolate when I have used a suite upgrade. It's fine, but nothing to get too worked up about.
When staying at a suite, the pralines (25pcs) was delivered automatically, without asking. I noticed that it was available at their pastry shop for ca. USD50++.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 6:56 am

Some improvement on my last stay. At check-in, the MOD came out to greet me. In the room, a full fruit platter (not just the usual 3 green apples) was waiting, along with a letter explaining Club benefits and a box of 3 chocolates. Okay, it was not a 9 or 25 piece everyone else got, but at least this was better than the last 8 or 9 stays I had since last year. 10 minutes after I got into the room, the FD called to make sure everything was OK.

I hope they keep it up.

The wifi; however, continues to be horribly slow (117 ms ping, 0.11 Mbps DL and 0.63 Mbps UL).
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:30 am

I am here right now and got the same experience as broadwayboy. Box of chocolates and fruit plate.

Pretty good stay and I really like the Hyatt for it's central location
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:29 am

Anyone have a link / code for booking a local rate?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:24 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Staying here soon, it seems the rates at this hotel have really shot up a fair bit!

I will be touching down at 4PM in CGK and will be the first one off the plane. However I don't know how long immigration will take and I sure as help do not want to be stuck in traffic. How does one be a VIP for a small price
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by lsed
Staying here soon, it seems the rates at this hotel have really shot up a fair bit!

I will be touching down at 4PM in CGK and will be the first one off the plane. However I don't know how long immigration will take and I sure as help do not want to be stuck in traffic. How does one be a VIP for a small price
Yep, they were $160 a month ago or so, and now when I checked last night I see $220 or so for many nights. It's a nice property, certainly. It does make it hard to afford on anything other than points, though.

I've never paid a penny extra to go through any service or VIP line in Indonesia. If you're coming off the plane first (often doubtful, as the coach passengers will sprint past you if coming in through their own door, it shouldn't be bad.

If you're getting a VOA, just remember to have $25 USD in new condition before you get into the customs line. Even if you paid extra to be walked through, you'd still be sitting around waiting for your checked bags, if you have them.

I've been the first in line, or 50 people back, and still always beat my bags out. Immigration has actually been speeding up, of late. I don't think I've spent more than 15 minutes in the last year.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:45 am

Been staying here quite often on their weekend package, which includes some coupons, including a 1 hour massage, and either Sat or Sunday lunch buffet at Grand Cafe, not bad for 2.4jt nett

What I have noticed and didn't really appreciate are how many kids/nannies are in the Grand Club each time I have gone on weekends. 2 Adults, 2 kids and 2 nannies, and I haven't been the only one complaining, a few other guests were seen complaining too since these kids run around and scream
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yep, they were $160 a month ago or so, and now when I checked last night I see $220 or so for many nights. It's a nice property, certainly. It does make it hard to afford on anything other than points, though.

I've never paid a penny extra to go through any service or VIP line in Indonesia. If you're coming off the plane first (often doubtful, as the coach passengers will sprint past you if coming in through their own door, it shouldn't be bad.

If you're getting a VOA, just remember to have $25 USD in new condition before you get into the customs line. Even if you paid extra to be walked through, you'd still be sitting around waiting for your checked bags, if you have them.

I've been the first in line, or 50 people back, and still always beat my bags out. Immigration has actually been speeding up, of late. I don't think I've spent more than 15 minutes in the last year.
Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to walk faster! So long as two jetbridges are used I should be safe.
I'm actually staying in 2 days and the rate is 325 USD before tax. I'm glad I'm paying 10K points
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to walk faster! So long as two jetbridges are used I should be safe.
I'm actually staying in 2 days and the rate is 325 USD before tax. I'm glad I'm paying 10K points
Isn't it 8k pts per night now at the GH Jakarta? Correct me if I am wrong
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:25 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium

What I have noticed and didn't really appreciate are how many kids/nannies are in the Grand Club each time I have gone on weekends. 2 Adults, 2 kids and 2 nannies
Do they still enforce the rule that nannies are not allowed to wear their uniforms whenever they're in the GC lounge? I stayed here a couple of years ago and vaguely remembered seeing this rule on one of the welcome letters.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
10k is the Club room redemption rate. Which is a steal imho.

Also, where did you find the Weekend Package? I didn't see it on their website.

Isn't it 8k pts per night now at the GH Jakarta? Correct me if I am wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.