Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Residence club (Grand Hyatt) Aspen REVIEW MASTER THREAD no longer Hyatt 15 DEC 21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Residence club (Grand Hyatt) Aspen REVIEW MASTER THREAD no longer Hyatt 15 DEC 21

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:57 pm

It looks like Aspen will be open for the Ski season, I just got the following email from Sidestep.

Hyatt Grand Aspen celebrates the Rocky Mountain experience in world-class style, and now through December 15, 2006, take advantage of Grand Opening savings up to 30% on regular rates.

It's an ideal opportunity to experience the resort that Conde Nast Traveler magazine named to its 10th annual "Hot List" of hotels, restaurants and night clubs that have opened in the past year. Plus, enjoy all that Aspen has to offer: outdoor fun, shopping, dining and exciting special events.

For reservations and more information, click here, or call 800-926-4447 (Mon.-Fri, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET) or 800-233-1234 (anytime).

http://aspen.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

It is a Vacation Club, so no points or stay credits.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by 787
It looks like Aspen will be open for the Ski season, I just got the following email from Sidestep.

Hyatt Grand Aspen celebrates the Rocky Mountain experience in world-class style, and now through December 15, 2006, take advantage of Grand Opening savings up to 30% on regular rates.

It's an ideal opportunity to experience the resort that Conde Nast Traveler magazine named to its 10th annual "Hot List" of hotels, restaurants and night clubs that have opened in the past year. Plus, enjoy all that Aspen has to offer: outdoor fun, shopping, dining and exciting special events.

For reservations and more information, click here, or call 800-926-4447 (Mon.-Fri, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET) or 800-233-1234 (anytime).

http://aspen.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
I'm thinking about checking it out over Thanksgiving. But I can't find any reviews. Anyone been or heard first hand of other's experiences?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Aspen on points?

So this thread had been dead for pretty long now. But an email I got from Hyatt prompted me to do a little research. The Grand Hyatt Vacation property would be a TREMENDOUS value, if one could indeed book it on points, as hyatt.com indicates you can. Has anyone had any success with this?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
See this article from FT'er Satori's blog, loyalty traveller
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Jills
So this thread had been dead for pretty long now. But an email I got from Hyatt prompted me to do a little research. The Grand Hyatt Vacation property would be a TREMENDOUS value, if one could indeed book it on points, as hyatt.com indicates you can. Has anyone had any success with this?
I called a couple of weeks ago to inquire about awards reservations for ski season and the agent told me that there's basically little to no chance during ski season.

She said that IF the rooms become available it will usually be really short notice. I also can't remember if she told me that the owner has to approve the room to be sold for points or not, but the basic gist was don't count on availability.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
While we're on the subject. .. .

We're in the middle of a home remodel and and strapped for cash anyway, but for those of you flush with money and time, it may be expensive but they are throwing in lots of points:

http://www.hvcgetaway.com/aspen10k/?...N_VISIT_ONLINE

Last edited by jayer; Oct 10, 2010 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:10 am

Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
HRC Grand Aspen

Unsure if the right thread. To my knowledge there was never a GH here, but a HRC. And some posts refer to the HRC. Anyhow, FYI, the mgmt contract with Hyatt will end on Dec 15, 2021.

https://www.aspendailynews.com/news/...8dc77108d.html

In an emailed announcement from Robert Weisman, president of the Grand Aspen Resort Condominium Association board of directors, fractional owners and stakeholders learned that East West Hospitality will take over from Hyatt as the property management company.

East West, based in Avon, “for close to 30 years has specialized in the management of luxury mountain properties such as The Lion and Solaris in Vail and One Snowmass and The Viceroy in Snowmass Village,” Weisman said in the announcement. “In line with our property, many East West-managed properties are condominiums with fractional ownership. In line with our expectations, East West will work only for our owners and report directly to our board, delivering on a culture which is collaborative, entrepreneurial and transparent.”

Apparently seeking a lower fee structure than that Hyatt charged, the association put out an RFT in July — which garnered five competitive proposals. In August, the board selected two finalists and last week decided on East West.

“Each proposal quoted fees substantially lower than the 15% management fee which has been .imposed on our owners since 2005 under the current management contract, which terminates Dec. 15,” the announcement details.

East West’s experience in transitioning formerly branded properties to independent vacation rentals and fractionals and staff training were among the reasons touted for awarding the company the management contract.

Furthermore, East West Hospitality’s sister company, Denver-based East West Partners, partnered with Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL Capital Partners in the $600 million Snowmass Base Village redevelopment.

“With substantial engineering and construction resources in Snowmass Village and substantial experience with projects in the Roaring Fork Valley, East West Hospitality has the local presence and .experience to provide us with dependable, exceptional service,” Weisman wrote.

One thing Grand Aspen employees can look forward to for the Winter 2021-22 season with the transition? Sponsored ski passes.

“East West will retain all of our valued associates who have been with us for many years and also plans to restore their valued ski pass benefit, which the current management company had canceled,” the email notes.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 18, 2021 at 8:40 am
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I thought I saw the sign on the property saying “Grand Hyatt” around 2011-2012 when parking around the corner from it, but I’m off about that as it was Hyatt Grand in the 2010-2011 season too.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 18, 2021 at 7:12 am
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:43 pm

The Hyatt Residence Club Aspen will no longer be part of the Hyatt brand......

As of December 15th. We stayed there last year and really loved the property. It's a shame to lose this one, we were going to try and go back again during ski season. I hope Hyatt adds a property back to Aspen one day.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I thought I saw the sign on the property saying “Grand Hyatt” around 2011-2012 when parking around the corner from it, but I’m off about that as it was Hyatt Grand in the 2010-2011 season too.
It's a bit confusing since the proper name is Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.