Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Online checkin but show up the next day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

I have a reservation for 2 nights, and I will probably miss the 1st night. However I don't want to cancel it because I need the credit for this first night, and I don't mind paying for it.
So my question is, if check-in online and only show up in the morning, will I get credit for the 2 nights or only the 2nd?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They will likely cancel your reservation when you no-show.

Suggest you reach out to the property, advise them that you will be arriving on day two, and ask that they make a note in your reservation so it doesn't cancel.

I do this when I'm arriving very late or in the morning following a red-eye.

Alternatively, just change your reservation for two days starting on the day you actually plan to arrive.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
I've had no problems calling the property and letting them know I'd be showing up early the next morning and not to cancel/no-show the reservation.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
YMMV.

Check-in online really isn't going to do anything for you. Instead you should reach out to the hotel, as others have mentioned.

Hyatt's IT will probably only give you one night credit automatically, but you should be able to call and get the second night added. However, checking in at 8 a.m. is a much better idea than 8 p.m. if you want the two-night credit. In the latter case, you've clearly only stayed the one night.

Unless you want an early check-in, moving your reservation back a day (with the second night as a mattress run) is the much more reliable option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.