Guest of Honor in 2017?

Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Excellent questions Unfortunately, I don't think we have a clue yet I could very well be mistaken, but I haven't read too much about the GOH program going forward.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yoganeck
*I can make an award booking & nominate a GOH and apply one of my DSU's to their stay? Or are DSU's for my exclusive use only, and not transferable?
Not transferable:

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards (defined in Appendix C), and non-stay awards (such as Dining, Spa and More Awards) are currently not eligible for transfer.
Originally Posted by yoganeck
*Does my GOH have the potential of a complementary suite upgrade on their stay?
Yes. That's just part of the (so-called) "best available room" benefit, which expressly applies to GOH bookings:

This means that the recipient will receive all In-hotel Benefits that would have been provided to the Globalist, had (s)he redeemed the award him- or herself at the applicable hotel or resort.
But don't hold your breath, this is exclusively at the property's discretion.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Free Parking?

Made a GoH reservation for the evening of March 1. My reading of the T&Cs argues that my guests should receive free parking. Has that been confirmed or are there loopholes out of this?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Made a GoH reservation for the evening of March 1. My reading of the T&Cs argues that my guests should receive free parking. Has that been confirmed or are there loopholes out of this?
How can it be confirmed prior to March 1? Looks like you'll have some data to give.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The biggest loophole is if the parking is run by an outsourced company and not the hotel. While it doesn't clearly state that in the T&C, I suspect that will be the case. The same way you don't get points from eating at a non-hotel owned restaurant or using a non-hotel owned spa.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Patience.... time will tell.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37
How can it be confirmed prior to March 1? Looks like you'll have some data to give.
I meant confirmed by some T&C somewhere I haven't seen. Obviously it can't be determined through experience short of a time machine. Drop the snark.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nothing has been stated specifically for GOH..... but it would be logical to assume all benefits transfer.

But who knows how properties deal with this, time will tell.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is parking an "In-Hotel Benefit"? Arguably that means only things you get inside the hotel, such as room upgrade, lounge access, and breakfast. I wouldn't be surprised if Hyatt leaves this one to the properties to decide.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I meant confirmed by some T&C somewhere I haven't seen. Obviously it can't be determined through experience short of a time machine. Drop the snark.
Drop your offense. There wasn't snark in my response.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:51 pm

If looking at the chart on Hyatt.com it shows green as "in hotel" benefits, which they have Free Parking as green. At least it did when I checked it out last December. Just checked now and my phone doesn't clearly show the same. My guess is it's threre just not visible on my Galaxy, but not sure.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
If looking at the chart on Hyatt.com it shows green as "in hotel" benefits, which they have Free Parking as green. At least it did when I checked it out last December. Just checked now and my phone doesn't clearly show the same. My guess is it's threre just not visible on my Galaxy, but not sure.
Nice catch. It is still there. Here's the link: Tiers & Benefits.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
My in-laws just checked in to the regency palm springs on a GOH reservation for three nights (2/28-3/3). All benefits offered and they even confirmed that parking, starting tomorrow will be complimentary for 2 of their 3 nights under the new WOH program. The hotel offers $25 per night valet.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:21 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Made a reservation for my in-laws at the PH Hamburg.

Phone agent was fantastic, she knew exactly what she was doing, new all the benefts. For instance, I wanted 2 queen beds, however they are only available on the club level (There are no twin rooms other than on Club Level). The agent proactively advised me, that my in-laws would anyway be upgraded to the Club level if available, so she put a remark in the reservation. She double checked everything to really ensure it was visiible as a GOH reservation.
I'll for sure contact the hotel prior to their arrival, so they receive a great treatment for the 50th wedding anniversary.
I love this GOH benefit.

I'll report back to what my in-laws actually received in terms of room and service.

So far very good experience
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Just called (early AM 12/31) to book GOH for my parents in early Feb for GH Taipei, and was told stays had to be before 12/31.

At this point, couldn't I theoretically book a reservation in my own name and have my father check in? This way, I can use P+C and upgrade to a suite as well.
Did this work? I'd like to do a GoH on a C&P.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.