Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Globalist - World of Hyatt - still 1million base points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE

There isn't much written about Lifetime Globalist tier for the new World of Hyatt program but from my understanding, there will be a match for those that are currently Lifetime Diamond (as one would expect).

However, as a lifetime Diamond member, I would appreciate if Hyatt does not devalue its critieria from the current requirements as the lifetime tier needs to be kept exclusive.

I really hope that Jeff is reading this and making note of the above especially from a longstanding Hyatt customer.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Do you think they are going to LOWER it from 1M points?

In any event, whatever they do will be a cold, hard business decision rather than anything having to do with loyalty.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
To keep it exclusive, you should probably have to requalify for it. In any case, there's a long thread about this idiotically named program already.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:27 pm

Apparently more info regarding lifetime will be released this week.

If anything, I think most people here are fearing that they will move the goal post further (like 2M basepoints).
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by edcho
Apparently more info regarding lifetime will be released this week.

If anything, I think most people here are fearing that they will move the goal post further (like 2M basepoints).
Hyatt needs to keep the Lifetime as exclusive as it can. I would not be happy if they plan to make changes to this criteria as Hyatt has some luxury properties than it's competitors.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Hyatt needs to keep the Lifetime as exclusive as it can.
Hyatt needs to do what it feels is appropriate for its business model.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I can pretty much guarantee that Jeff isn't reading this thread. At least not personally.

Why not just keep the qualification criteria the same? Would be fair, ya?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Perhaps an intermediate lifetime status can address some of these issues? If there was a Lifetime Explorist status that's easier to reach, high requirements to reach Lifetime Globalist makes sense (whether the goalposts move or not).

Since there will be three elite status levels, seems there should be three lifetime status also. (Discoverist basically exists, as it is available by maintaining a Hyatt CC account.) Right now there is a huge gap until you reach Lifetime Diamond/Globalist (which is likely insurmountable for me).

I haven't seen anything about a Explorist lifetime status on the official site, however.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Hyatt needs to do what it feels is appropriate for its business model.
The most appropriate thing for Hyatt to do is to keep it as exclusive as possible to reflect their most loyal and high spenders!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
The most appropriate thing for Hyatt to do is to keep it as exclusive as possible to reflect their most loyal and high spenders!
...Why?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Hyatt needs to keep the Lifetime as exclusive as it can. I would not be happy if they plan to make changes to this criteria as Hyatt has some luxury properties than it's competitors.
Why do they need to keep it "as exclusive as it can"?

If you truly believe that, you should ask them to revoke yours.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Be careful what you wish for as the exclusivity may just land you a card with no benefits. Would you like a print at home certificate to show off to your friends?

Companies don't care about what revenue came in the past. If Lifetime status means the person no longer spends his/her life/money at a hotel, that does little for Hyatt in the present. May as well just give the person a nice shiny card with no benefits. The "loyal, high spender" gets his/her little token to show off to friends and Hyatt doesn't have to shell out any benefits.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
So current Lifetime Diamonds will become Lifetime Globalists (Glob for Life!) on March 1 and get 4 DSU's that will expire end of Feb 2018. It's not completely clear, but it seems that they won't get DSU's annually unless they reach the qualification points for Globalist during the year. I hope this is not the case. The concept of a "Lifetime" status is that re-qualification should no longer be needed.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by feeb1
So current Lifetime Diamonds will become Lifetime Globalists (Glob for Life!) on March 1 and get 4 DSU's that will expire end of Feb 2018. It's not completely clear, but it seems that they won't get DSU's annually unless they reach the qualification points for Globalist during the year. I hope this is not the case. The concept of a "Lifetime" status is that re-qualification should no longer be needed.
The terms and conditions state LT Globs will not receive 4 DSUs after the initial batch unless if you stay 55 nights (or fulfill LT base points):

1. Receiving Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Upon achieving (or re-achieving) Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements detailed above, a Member will receive four (4) complimentary Room Upgrade Awards for suite accommodations (“Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards”). For Members who have received Globalist status for a multi-year term, additional Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by feeb1
The concept of a "Lifetime" status is that re-qualification should no longer be needed.
It's not, but you need to do something to get the additional benefits. Hyatt is following Starwood on this one, where there are really four levels of Platinum. Lifetime status gets you the first level, but you need to work to get to the other levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.