Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:44 pm
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt
Original Poster

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Dear FlyerTalker's,

Today I’m excited to introduce World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program, which will replace Hyatt Gold Passport® on March 1, 2017.

World of Hyatt is about building community and finding more ways to engage with you. At Hyatt, we believe in putting empathy into action. More than great locations, luxurious rooms and top–notch amenities, we have a greater purpose — to care for you so you can be your best.

We designed the program for you. We heard what makes your experiences better and more meaningful – and we tailored World of Hyatt to meet those needs, so you can expect the exceptional.

We will share additional information about World of Hyatt with Hyatt Gold Passport members in the coming days.

I hope you’re as excited about World of Hyatt as I am.

Save travels,
Jeff Zidell

[mod edit - the link to the thread that was started in the morning prior to the official announcement is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-mar-17-a.html (That thread has been locked - please continue discussions in this thread - the link has been provided for reference)]

Last edited by peteropny; Oct 27, 2016 at 6:38 pm
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:46 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
I guess that answers the question of authenticity.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
LOL the hyatt.com/world link doesn't work....
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Dear FlyerTalker's,

Today, I’m excited to introduce World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program, replacing Hyatt Gold Passport® on March 1, 2017.

Simply put, World of Hyatt is a celebration of you and your journey. Beyond just great locations, luxurious rooms and top-notch amenities — it's about connecting you to the people, places and stories at the heart of your world.

We designed the program for you. We heard what makes your experiences better and more meaningful – and we tailored World of Hyatt to meet those needs, so you can expect the exceptional.

Learn all about the new program, including the new Program Terms and details for when and how your Hyatt Gold Passport membership will transition to World of Hyatt at HYATT.COM/WORLD.

I hope you’re as excited about World of Hyatt as I am.

Save travels,

Jeff Zidell

Sorry but who the heck is excited about this? I'm sure as heck am not and no one in my circle of friends are either.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'm worried, disappointed, disturbed, distressed, nonplussed, and dismayed, but no, not excited.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:03 pm

Jeff:

You really had someone that you paid come up with the names of the new tier levels?

You couldn't pony up a free night, crowdsource suggestions from FlyerTalk and have the community vote on it?

Granted, FT may not be representative of your customer base, but there is no way you could have come up with something more stupid.

Next March there is going to be a thread about how many compensation points someone should receive for being cussed out as a Globalist on checkin.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sam_goh
LOL - seems about right for Hyatt IT the past 12 months.

The changes I can mostly live with (though they hurt me personally) but I can't get over how bad the names are - and I say this as someone who is in the target millennial demographic.

Millennial's like to humblebrag and take selfies to show off where they've been and what they are doing. With the precious metals it at least made sense but doesn't really work at all with these names.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:08 pm

Maybe he clicked the Submit button too quickly.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Not just this, but I wonder how much $$ Hyatt sends to competitors with their overall website down so much?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
It was only a matter of time before Hyatt went towards revenue base for status. While I get it, I'm less certain that model will work with Hyatts limited reach/offerings. Time will tell.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Hyatt to Introduce New Global Loyalty Program “World of Hyatt"

Arriving March 2017, World of Hyatt will offer new platform to deepen understanding of guests, deliver meaningful benefits and inspire empathy
CHICAGO (October 27, 2016) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today unveiled World of Hyatt, Hyatt’s new global loyalty program, which will launch on March 1, 2017. World of Hyatt is about building community and engaging with high-end travelers.

“At Hyatt, we are in the business of caring for people so they can be their best,” said Mark Hoplamazian, president and chief executive officer, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “Inspired by our purpose, World of Hyatt is about celebrating our members by understanding the people, places and experiences at the heart of their world. The more we understand them, the better we can care for them and design unique experiences with them in mind.”

A bold, modern and confident platform, the program’s three elite tiers – Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist – reflect the aspirations of the World of Hyatt community as they travel and expand their world.
Benefits inspired by members

In the new program, members will receive more rewards as they advance through the three elite tiers based on Qualifying Nights or Base Points:
Discoverist 10 Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points
Explorist 30 Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Base Points
Globalist 60 Qualifying Nights or 100,000 Base Points

“We built World of Hyatt on insights we learned from our guests, identifying more opportunities to increase our engagement with members across our portfolio,” said Jeff Zidell, senior vice president, Hyatt. “The program will deliver on exactly what our members want – a broader range of benefits and more attainable rewards to experience with the most important people in their lives.”

Among the many guest-driven benefits for World of Hyatt members:
• Base Points count toward tier status, including Base Points earned for dining and spa experiences
• Free night award for staying at five different Hyatt brands
• Confirmed suite upgrades at the time of booking for qualifying elite members

Rewarding empathy
World of Hyatt will also go beyond a traditional loyalty program in offering a platform to celebrate members and broaden their global view.
For example, World of Hyatt will honor the generosity of its members, celebrating the ways in which they use their points to make a difference in someone else’s life.

Seamless transition to a new program
The Hyatt Gold Passport program will remain in effect through February 28, 2017, at which time it will transition to World of Hyatt. Between now and then, members can continue to achieve and enjoy tier status in Hyatt Gold Passport and earn and redeem points as they always have. Qualifying activity beginning January 1, 2017 will also count toward earning status in World of Hyatt when the program launches on March 1, 2017.

When World of Hyatt launches, members will continue to earn five Base Points for every eligible U.S.
dollar spent. In addition, the hotels in each redemption category and the number of points required to redeem free night awards will remain unchanged.

Hyatt will share more details about World of Hyatt with Hyatt Gold Passport members in the coming days. Additionally, Hyatt will communicate directly with members about their new membership tier by March 1, 2017.
For a preview of World of Hyatt, visit the video here:
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Looking at the new program, it doesn't look bad. I got a Custom 404 Error page so I guess I can keep the old program.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Did you hire Jeff Robertson?

For those who often barely remain diamond, but still try to support Hyatt, it seems fairly bad for us.

Those who have 60+ nights, will be happy, of course.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:27 pm

Seriously? Hyatt IT is not bad enough that you have to reinforce that by putting up a link that does not even work?

I am REALLY hoping that the 1W bonus is not gone as has been reported because that will SEVERELY reduce the value of these otherwise great improvements. If it IS gone, then these changes overall are decent but far less valuable than at first blush.

Doing a little math shows how valuable it really is...

For example, under the current system for a Diamond, various scenarios of types of stay/spenders:

20 stays (15 full service, 5 HP/HH), 50 nights x 200/night
$10k spend = 50k base points + 15k 30% bonus + 17.5k Diamond amenity = 82.5k TOTAL points = 8.25 points per dollar spent (PPD)

15 stays (15 full service), 50 nights x 250/night
$12.5k spend = 62.5k base points + 18,750 30% bonus + 15k Diamond amenity = 96,250 TOTAL points = 7.7 PPD

30 stays (20 full service, 10 HP/HH), 60 nights x 150/night
$9k spend = 45k base points + 13.5k 30% bonus + 25k Diamond amenity = 83.5k TOTAL points = 9.28 PPD

10 stays (10 full service), 60 nights x 300/night
$18k spend = 90k base points + 27k 30% bonus + 10k Diamond amenity = 127k TOTAL points = 7.06 PPD

50 stays (25 full service, 25 HP/HH), 100 nights x 100 a night
$10k spend = 50k base points + 15K 30% bonus + 37.5k Diamond amenity = 102.5k TOTAL points = 10.25 PPD

Under the NEW system:

20 stays (15 full service, 5 HP/HH), 50 nights x 200/night
$10k spend = 50k base points + 15k 30% bonus + ZERO Diamond amenity = 65k TOTAL points = 6.5 PPD - A 21% reduction and a LOSS of 17.5k points...worth MORE than 1 free night in a Cat 4.

15 stays (15 full service), 50 nights x 250/night
$12.5k spend = 62.5k base points + 18,750 30% bonus + ZERO Diamond amenity = 81250 TOTAL points = 6.5 PPD - A 15% reduction and a LOSS of 15k points...worth 1 free night in a Cat 4 OR 3 nights in a Cat 1, etc.

30 stays (20 full service, 10 HP/HH), 60 nights x 150/night
$9k spend = 45k base points + 13.5k 30% bonus + ZERO Diamond amenity = 58.5k TOTAL points = 6.5 PPD - A 29% reduction and a LOSS of 25k points...worth 2 Cat 3 nights with change, or a Cat 4 and 2 night with change, etc.

10 stays (10 full service), 60 nights x 300/night
$18k spend = 90k base points +27k 30% bonus + ZERO Diamond amenity = 117k TOTAL points = 6.5 PPD - A 7% reduction and a LOSS of 10k points...worth 2 nights in a Cat 1, or 3/4 of a Cat 4 night.

50 stays (25 full service, 25 HP/HH), 100 nights x 100 a night
$10k spend = 50k base points + 15K 30% bonus + ZERO Diamond amenity = 65k TOTAL points = 6.5 PPD - A 35% reduction and a LOSS of 37.5 points...worth a Cat 7 night and almost a Cat 2, or 2 Cat 4 nights and a Cat 2, or 7.5 Cat 1 nights.

The clear thing is that with the loss of the 1W, anyone who has a lot of stays at Hyatt loses more and more each time they stay, regardless of the number of nights. If you do 30 or 40 stays at Hyatt and do 100 nights a year, you will be getting CRUSHED by the new system, because it takes MORE value away from you each time you stay.

The replacement is a free Cat 4 night, and at 60 nights a Cat 7 night. Those are nice, but with certs that expire within 120 days and can only be used for 1 night at a given property regardless of the level, they are a FAR cry from replacing the points, which can be held, accumulated and work towards a higher level, more valuable redemption at the time and date of YOUR choosing and planning. Points that can be used for outright award stays, Points and Cash stays, room upgrades, etc etc etc. Taking away 15, 20, 30k or MORE points that can be banked and used as needed in a variety of ways is a FAR more damaging move than replacing them with ONE night to be used in 120 days at a CAT 1-4 only and potentially for SOME, another ONE night to be used in 120 days at a CAT 1-7.

What sounded like a great addition to the program...the free night at 30 and 60 nights, is now a cheap cover to mask the gutting of the point earning system that Diamonds enjoy.

Last edited by antonius66; Oct 27, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:28 pm

The elite cards in that video don't look appealing to me IMO -- not that I would carry them around anyway. Also that video overall was just ... strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.