Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Within 10 minutes of posting that I had not received the email, it arrived

I certainly agree that the wording on the Cat 1-7 free night is quite clear. They make it clear that it is a one-time-only "gift" for this year (except lifetime Globs have quoted their email as stating they will get one of these each year).

They also make it clear that the 4 DSUs awarded in Mar are also a one-time-only "gift" for this year, since they have said that they are not a tier benefit and in future will only be awarded at the 60-night mark (again also given to lifetime Globs regardless of number of nights).

Last edited by OsakaWino; Feb 20, 2017 at 10:01 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:35 pm

My email arrived just now, 4 full days after being reported here. Seriously ,Hyatt...you can't manage a simple mail-merged bulk send out? ( not that the email says anything not known before; I'll be more excited by the announcement of the extremely generous launch promotion).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Although I will greatly miss Diamond status and think the requirements for Globalist are a bit unrealistic, I do commend Hyatt on offering (IMO) the most valuable top-tier benefits of any major loyalty program. Between a free night at any hotel, upgrades at check-in, confirmed suite upgrade awards, club access or free full breakfast, and waived resort and parking fees, they really are offering a lot to their most loyal members. Plus I think Hyatt has one of the best/most valuable points system among the major programs.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Still have not received the email
Received nothing as well...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Haven't they been very clear that it is only awarded after you stay 60 night or earn 100k base points AFTER March 1, 2017. Where does it say all globalist will receive it on march 1, 2017? Pretty clear in the language you quoted as well.
Several members upthread (on about 17 February) said it had been confirmed multiple times, including on some blogs (like here: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ogram-changes/) that the cat 1-7 free night would be given to all top tiers on 1 March.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Originally Posted by SethLevy
What email? The one saying you are globalist? Or did you get one specifically saying you were globalist and would receive on march 1, 2017 the free night cert?

My point was not that hyatt sent emails to those who will be globalist, but that with the exception of lifetime diamonds, no free night awards will be issued until your stay 60 nights or earn 100k base points AFTER March 1.
Yup, very clear. Here's from the welcome email that's been talked about by a number of posters:
But that same email (well at least in my email) has this:
Attached Images  
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why make it so difficult.... it seems quite clear that this year (and probably this year only) you will also get a cat 1-7 cert that is valid for the whole year in addition to what you get for qualifying.

And that's a pretty nice gesture after all the negatives.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, BA Gold, Sindbad Gold
Is this something else then the 1-7 free night?

Earn a night on us

Receive a free night once you stay at 5 of our hotel brands, starting March 1, 2017.

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, an (one-time) oportunity to earn a free night by staying at 5 different brands.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Yes, an (one-time) oportunity to earn a free night by staying at 5 different brands.
Actually, it is a 2-time opportunity by doing 5 different brands each time. Maybe in the future it will be 3 times; at present there are 12 brands.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Actually, it is a 2-time opportunity by doing 5 different brands each time. Maybe in the future it will be 3 times; at present there are 12 brands.
Interestingly, unlike the other free nights mentioned in the email, it doesn't say what this free night is good for. It might just be a free night at a Hyatt house.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by danger
Interestingly, unlike the other free nights mentioned in the email, it doesn't say what this free night is good for. It might just be a free night at a Hyatt house.
It does not mention it in the email but it does on the website.

"Enjoy a free night award in a Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for one year from issuance)"

Available to be earned by all member tiers.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by danger

But that same email (well at least in my email) has this:
That same quote was in my post that you quoted but somehow you chose to ignore the relevant part.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I finally received my welcome glob email today.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, World of Hyatt 'Globalist , Hilton Diamond, SPG & Marriott platinum
Originally Posted by solewalker
I finally received my welcome glob email today.
Just received Email today."As a Globalist...we welcome you around the world"
Seems to have taken longer to be delivered in my part of the earth
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For these, the counting starts on March 1 and can extend over more than one calendar year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.