Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

ANDAZ Delhi, New Delhi, India REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, World of Hyatt 'Globalist , Hilton Diamond, SPG & Marriott platinum

Hi, Friends exciting news New Andaz Delhi ( near to Delhi Airport ) now accepting reservations for stays from december 31, 2016 and inauguration rate roughly US$ 150 including B/F and Airport transfer. For more detail Please visit

https://delhi.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:05 am

So I guess I am the first one here who has stayed. I had seen it earlier during my visit to Delhi when I stayed at the Marriott, and thought it was still closed.

Anyway, it has growing pains still. The thermostat in my first room didn't work, as the heat didn't get above 21.5 no matter how high you set it. I wasted a lot of time talking to the front desk (they tried to send someone to fix it, send a portable heater) until I finally said just get me a new room.

I ended up complaining to Vikas Arora, director of rooms (he had greeted me when I arrived the first night, gave me his cards and said if you need anything let me know). He apologized profusely and thought about ways he could make it up. In the end he invited me there prior to my departing flight for dinner and to use the sauna. Which was a nice treat.

The property itself is beautiful, service ... I don't know, Indian? Not blown away by regular staff. But if you want to try it out definitely contact Vikas Arora if any issues and he'll fix them right away.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:47 am

Hi,

I don't see option for point = cash. Is it possible on this property?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Rubal
Hi,

I don't see option for point = cash. Is it possible on this property?
New properties quite frequently don't make points + cash rates available when they first open. Not sure why.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
I'm considering staying next week, and I'm weighing up Andaz vs the JW Marriott.

Does anyone have any experience staying at both, and a preference for one over the other?

I'm a big fan of having a Club, so the JW currently has a bit of an edge in this regard, but keen to know how Andaz treatment is of Globalists, and whether they extend any perks that may close the gap.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
I'm considering staying next week, and I'm weighing up Andaz vs the JW Marriott.

Does anyone have any experience staying at both, and a preference for one over the other?

I'm a big fan of having a Club, so the JW currently has a bit of an edge in this regard, but keen to know how Andaz treatment is of Globalists, and whether they extend any perks that may close the gap.
Go with JW.
Andaz is still a work in progress. Staff seems to be all over the place.
They only have a one for all food hall style restaurant open at the moment.

I reckon it'll take a good 6-12 months before the kinks are ironed out at this property.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by KC01
Go with JW.
Andaz is still a work in progress. Staff seems to be all over the place.
They only have a one for all food hall style restaurant open at the moment.

I reckon it'll take a good 6-12 months before the kinks are ironed out at this property.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take that onboard.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:06 am

Any recent review on this property?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:27 pm

Wow. So little information about this property given that it has now been open for 1.5 years. Can anybody provide a recent review? Also, does the property have any Regency club lounge?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:46 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
No regency club or lounge, as this is an Andaz. Breakfast is a decent buffet in the restaurant. Globalists also offered an happy hour for drinks at the Juniper Bar.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
No regency club or lounge, as this is an Andaz. Breakfast is a decent buffet in the restaurant. Globalists also offered an happy hour for drinks at the Juniper Bar.
Thanks. Appreciate the quick reply. As a globalist if i use my suite upgrade what type of room will I get?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:59 am

The German blogger on boardingarea “ You Have Been Upgraded “ just stayed and posted some photos of the suite. There are two types of standard suites, and both are nice (one is simply larger, with less of a runway view. Excellent quality breakfast and with the further development of aero city there is now a food court within walking distance for some reasonable priced food. Rates can be excellent here as well. I’ve found they like to charge you the “dollar” rate for your bill, so if you are allergic to dynamic currency conversion (like I am), watch very carefully at checkout.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:21 am

Photos of the "larger" suite

Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
I am planning to stay 4 days in December.

Cant decide staying here or Hyatt. Which one is better?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Depends where you need to go in Delhi... If it's just about the hotel, I would always go for the Andaz nowadays. Outstanding hard product and very convenient due to proximity to the airport and Gurgaon.

However, if you want to have the better Delhi feeling I would rather choose the HR because of the location. I was there every two months before the Andaz opened in 2016 and in the meantime all rooms should be modernized and staff was always great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.