Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:40 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold

Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

400 E St SW Washington, DC, US 20024

Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (5 Photos)

Needed a cheap night in DC and for 6000 points + ~$85 with tax, this was a no-brainer. Not much in terms of dining or nightlife in the area as it is all office buildings, but with Uber/the Metro within walking distance, we didn't find this to be much of an issue. The rooftop bar was pleasant and better than what we had expected for somethign in the area -- a stop there for a drink/light bite and some skyline views of the area would certainly not be a bad way to kill an hour or two.

Check In

The only not-great part of my stay. There was no Plat/Diamond line and check-in was a zoo when I arrived. Having passed through the lobby several times throughout my stay, I don't recall a single time that there was not a swarm of people waiting in line.

Room

Booked a standard king room with cash+points and was upgraded to a suite after I called in and asked the morning of arrival. The room was spacious (noticeably larger than the standard base suite at the HR ORD, my only recent frame of reference) and in good condition with no noticeable wear+tear. Plenty of lighting and power ports; a clear line of sight to DCA for watching traffic; large kitchen area with plenty of cabinets, large sink, and paper towels; and no noise issues at all -- good in my book. Pardon the crappy lighting and messy condition of the bedroom in the photos...

2016-10-08 07.36.04.jpg2016-10-08 07.35.52.jpg

2016-10-08 07.36.45.jpg

2016-10-08 10.30.51.jpg

2016-10-08 10.31.04.jpg

Dining

Free breakfast was standard HP fare; however I was impressed by the large space for dining that alleviated the typical HP problem of swarms of people clogging up the dining area and buffet line. Despite there being several groups of foreign tourists and what seemed to be some high school sports team that rolled in with ~20-25 people, there was still plenty of room (and relative peace and quiet!) at the dining area. The staff here were absolutely fantastic -- friendly, professional, courteous, and highly efficient in clearing tables and keeping the buffet options stocked.

The rooftop bar was a nice surprise and a good spot for a nightcap. Great space with a good vibe and decent views of the surrounding area and DCA. 

Located near the Federal Center SW Metro and L'Enfant Plaza metro stops. Not much in the immediate area but a roughly 10-15 minute walk to the southern part of the Mall. 

Overall

Great new addition to the portfolio of Hyatt properties in DC. The hotel opened November 2015 and still feels brand new. Stafff overall were great and several employees were genuinely thankful and excited when I told them that this was definitely the most impressive HP I've ever stayed at. Location isn't the most ideal, especially for those in DC who want to see more than the Mall, however the Metro is fairly close by. For a C+P booking requiring only 6000 points, this property is a fantastic deal.

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on the Globalist treatment here and the breakfast offering during Covid? Is it the standard packaged fare that has been reported in other threads? Also, is it easy to take the metro from here to DCA?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:18 pm

So far, a mixed bag..

I am currently staying at the Hyatt Place National Mall for three nights while visiting the Smithsonian museums with my family. So far, the property has been...uneven. First, the good: 1. We arrive around 10am. I asked if we could leave our luggage until our room was ready, so that we could go explore the city...and the woman working the checkin surprised me by saying my room was ready and we could just go ahead and check in! Awesome. 2. Breakfast this morning was pretty good, especially in a Covid world: There were hot eggs, sausage, french toast as well as hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit cups, etc. Now, the not so good: 1. There is no daily housekeeping, even just to restock towels and empty trash. Instead they have an App they ask you to use, AVVI. I used it over two hours ago to request a couple of new towels and that our trash be emptied. They texted back that they would be right up. An hour later, I texted again. Many apologies. A call to the room to apologize. ANOTHER hour later, I text AGAIN. more apologies...it has been another 30 mins and still nothing. So, that system seems....flawed. 2. I was not welcomed as an Explorist or offered water at check in . Overall, the place seems fine and the location is great for easy access to the mall museums.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:50 pm

I just had a 2 night stay here. Upgraded to a suite as Expolrist proactively, bottled water/2 pm check out offered as well. The suite is very large and pretty nice. The front desk was very slow but they were pleasant. There's nothing around the hotel within a few blocks. You have to walk a bit for restaurants. Otherwise a very satisfied stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.