Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Chicago O'Hare (ORD) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 10/4 - 10/5:

Location: The hotel is located on Mannheim Road, also known as US 12/45 in this area. It's just north of I-90 and a block north of IL-74 which has the Holiday Inn, Sheraton Suites, Best Western and a few restaurants and bars on it. This is the same road a number of rental car companies are on and it's a very easy trip to ORD from here.

Hotel: This hotel has only been a Hyatt Place for two months I believe and was previously the Wyndham. Despite not being a new construction, it's a very pleasant hotel. There's a spacious lobby with business center, breakfast area, bar and sundry shop though the area is a bit dimly lit. The hallways are well lit, elevators are quick and everything seems new and fresh.

Check In: The agent fumbled a few times, I think she might be new as she seemed a little confused on Hyatt Gold Passport and what Diamond amenities I was entitled to. Still, she was very polite and friendly and offered me my choice of room floors as well as asking if I wanted to be near the elevator or far from it, points for that.

Room: This was my first ever HP stay and I was really impressed. Large, comfortable bed with plenty of outlets near it, full size closet, big TV, comfortable seating area again with outlets and a large bathroom with shower. Definitely better than many Hilton Garden Inns and Courtyards I've stayed at.

Other: Breakfast is from 6-9:30 but my flight was too early for it. The hotel shuttle wasn't working when I came down at 4:30 AM but the front desk agent gave me a taxi voucher without me asking. All staff I dealt with were very friendly and helpful.

My rate was $139 and I'd gladly stay here again, in fact if this is indicative of the Hyatt Place brand, then I look forward to trying more.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/17 - 12/18

Some updates from my last stay.

Hotel: Parking here is free here though it's really limited especially if there's an event at next door Allstate Arena. On the positive side, with the new ORD Rental Car Facility in operation this hotel is really close to it. The lobby has a larger bar than many HPs as this is an adapted hotel and there's a lot of space.

Check In: I arrived at 1 PM and was able to get right into my room. The agent was really friendly and offered me my two bottles of water as well as a 2 PM check out.

Room: Again as this hotel is a converted property the rooms are very different from standard HPs and they're also smaller. The living room component is small and crammed into the room though the bathroom seems a bit bigger at least. I will note that if planes are landing to the west it can get really loud in the room.

I'm glad to see two years later this is still a solid property especially if you have a car and don't want to spend anything on parking.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:52 am

I stayed here recently, and it is by far the worst Hyatt hotel I have ever stayed in.

It's right next to the highway, and there was no point during the night when I could not hear cars driving by loudly. They have earplugs provided on the table next to the bed, and if it weren't for this, I'd have been 100% unable to sleep. With the earplugs, I still could hear the highway and had to ask for a room on the side of the hotel not facing the highway. They did move me to the other side of the hotel, but that didn't really solve the problem--that side is still very close to the highway and gets almost as much noise. However, at least on that side of the hotel, I was able to sleep with the earplugs in.

Would not stay in again unless you are impervious to sound or hard of hearing.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Bttc
I stayed here recently, and it is by far the worst Hyatt hotel I have ever stayed in.

It's right next to the highway, and there was no point during the night when I could not hear cars driving by loudly. They have earplugs provided on the table next to the bed, and if it weren't for this, I'd have been 100% unable to sleep. With the earplugs, I still could hear the highway and had to ask for a room on the side of the hotel not facing the highway. They did move me to the other side of the hotel, but that didn't really solve the problem--that side is still very close to the highway and gets almost as much noise. However, at least on that side of the hotel, I was able to sleep with the earplugs in.

Would not stay in again unless you are impervious to sound or hard of hearing.
"Huh? What did you say?"

David
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:20 pm

Hm I actually have no problem with the noise and I've stayed here about 5 times since covid. But maybe I'm just an easy sleeper. Always got upgraded to the panoramic suite. At least they're doing $20 f&b credit since the lounge is closed. The best option out of the 3 hyatt near ORD imo.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

I've stayed here two more times since I made my original post in 2016. I'm very sensitive to noise but both stays were fine and I was able to sleep well despite being near the highway. I still assert this is a good option for ORD.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Any thoughts on this versus the Regency versus the Rosemont? We have a 9am international flight so we're inclined to stay at an airport hotel, so I guess the main point is to have it not be terrible and be able to get from the El to the hotel and then hotel to the airport relatively easily. I'm a bit confused at some of the reviews in this thread, e.g. above there is a mention of the panoramic suite and the lounge, which I would have guessed referred to the Regency, but maybe being a converted property this does refer to this hotel?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:22 am

This property charges you for electricity usage: https://onemileatatime.com/news/hyatt-energy-charge/
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
This property charges you for electricity usage: https://onemileatatime.com/news/hyatt-energy-charge/
It's not a lot, but for that alone I would avoid this property on principle.
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Is the electricity charge waived for Globalists ?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
Watt?

David
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:25 am

Talking

If I ever stay there I will ask for them to turn off the circuit breakers to my room to avoid the fee. :-)
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The article says they no longer charge that energy fee.

Does anyone know if there are rooms which have separate room for bedroom & living area?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:28 pm

Just stayed here for a night, check-in/out was quick and everyone was nice, but the hotel itself seems to be in not the best shape. My room smelled distinctly of sewage throughout, and after 18 hours of airport (and finding out the hard way that their airport shuttle stops running at 8:30pm) all I needed was a place to sleep and the hotel provided. Bathroom was somewhat cleaned, visible hairs and smudges, but the shower was clean enough and the room was quite big. The breakfast was a very barebones continental where you bus your own tables. My room was facing the highway and I could hear it all night but it didn't bother me, and planes aren't deafening but you certainly can tell when they pass by. I'm a fairly light sleeper but I'm used to industrial noise and didn't need the earplugs they provided in the room. Overall it wasn't quite worth the cost (which I chose it for, unfortunately) and I wouldn't stay here again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.