Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Contradiction?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt Contradiction?

Wanting to see if others are seeing a contradiction in policy statements as I am. I was wanting to book a Mlife property using my two free nights from Hyatt CC. The terms and conditions immediately before booking state this:

"Free Night Awards are valid for use within one (1) year from issuance for one (1) night at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide or participating M life resorts. Free Night Awards at Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva are only based on single or double occupancy. Free Night Awards apply to only to available standard rooms as defined by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates."

After talking with a rep on the phone who was as rude as rude can be she found the following:

3. "Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Award inventory at participating M life resorts may be limited and blackout dates may apply. Free Night Awards are valid only for standard rooms which are defined by each M life resort. Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards cannot be redeemed for packages."

If I go on line to the Mlife website I can book a run of house room. I would think that this would be considered a standard room and thus is available.

Looking for help on this what to me seems like a complete contradiction of terms. Needless to say they will not book it for me. (BTW, if you're wondering why I am wasting it on LV, it is the only thing that fits within a year for me.)

Classic quote by Hyatt rep: "It does say that blackout dates do not apply but if you dig a little deeper it’s says that they do.”
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The term "blackout dates" is a misnomer and rather pointless to argue about. IHG for example pitch a no blackout date policy, but then each hotel can make only a small number of rooms available using points. Mlife properties may have the same policy (as they are not "full" Hyatts) but assuredly can define a "standard" room more-or-less as they see fit.

A more useful check (than the mlife website) is to see whether you can book on hyatt.com using points. You quite possibly can't, which is why your CC free nights won't work. There's not much anybody on FT can do to help, other than to inevitably recommend that you use your free nights somewhere better than Las Vegas or to choose a different Mlife property...
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Run of the House rooms are, by definition, any available room in the hotel. You could get the best and you could get the worst. For taking that "risk" you pay less.

So I don't think it's considered a standard room.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
You'd get more responses if you were more specific in your subject line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.