Wiki Posts
Search

Let's talk toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Let's talk toiletries

First off, so glad they got rid of the White Ginger scent, both because it was disgusting, but also because I swear I wouldn't have switched to Hyatt had it been around at the time. I would have lost out on all of the great Diamond benefits!

Anyway, I've seen a few on here complain about the June Jacobs, and I have to mostly agree. It's certainly a godsend compared to White Ginger, but I find the fragrance too strong, and I don't like the convex round soap. The lotion is rather greasy as well.

Regular Kenet stuff I like, especially the massage bars- hoarding quite a collection of those things. Anyone else think the HP/HH formulation of the shampoo/conditioner is slightly different than the HR stuff?

Also would appreciate lotion at the HPs and HHs. I swear some used to have it, but I haven't encountered any in years.

Love the Bigelow stuff at Andaz. Haven't tried Le Labo yet as my only PH experience has been in Beaver Creek.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:48 pm

Not trying to take away from your thread, but we had this discussion already (link) but it might have been limited to Park Hyatt.

My favorite is Aesop. I am a huge fan of Blaise Mautin and all of his creations for Park Hyatt, although I do not approve of many of the harmful ingredients he uses in the toiletries, such as SLS, Mineral Oil, and the likes.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:30 pm

Aesop at PHT makes everything else seem basic...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:40 pm

PH Canberra - Le Labo Bergamote 22
PH Sydney - Le Labo Bergamote 22
PH Melbourne - Vive
GH Melbourne - June Jacobs Cucumber
HR Perth - cornucopia citrus
PH DC - Le Labo Bergamote 22
GH Bangkok - June Jacobs Lemongrass
GH Singapore - June Jacobs Cucumber
GH Kuala Lumpur - June Jacobs Cucumber
HR Tokyo - cornucopia citrus
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
PH Buenos Aires - Celedonio

PH Paris Vendome - Blaise Mautin

GH Rio Barra - some very nice local Brazilian brand that they sell (in many varieties) in their (lower level) pharmacy shop across from the spa and health club.

These are the only Hyatt toiletries I really like, although way back I liked the HR pink soap bars compared to what other hotels then were offeering.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Many.
I don't suppose anyone knows what you get at the Park Hyatt in Zurich, particular in just the regular rooms? The hotel just says 'bath amenities.' Well, yes, thank you. I was hoping you'd give me shampoo at that price, and not in a container attached to the wall...

I'm a fan of Le Labo, even if certain scents make you smell like the fashion cool kids (which I am most certainly not these days), but Aesop would make me very happy as well.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Hall Or Oates
I don't suppose anyone knows what you get at the Park Hyatt in Zurich, particular in just the regular rooms? The hotel just says 'bath amenities.' Well, yes, thank you. I was hoping you'd give me shampoo at that price, and not in a container attached to the wall...

I'm a fan of Le Labo, even if certain scents make you smell like the fashion cool kids (which I am most certainly not these days), but Aesop would make me very happy as well.
I believe it's Laura Tonatto.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Aesop at PHT makes everything else seem basic...
Three of the four Hyatt options in Tokyo have very good to excellent amenities available:

Park Hyatt Tokyo: Aesop
Andaz Tokyo: Argan
Hyatt Regency Tokyo: REN

Honorable mention for the in-house stuff available in the communal baths at Hyatt Regency Hakone.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Hyatt Regency Tokyo: REN
I find the REN only appears in the club rooms though, the normal rooms have the cornucopia citrus stuff which smells artificial :/
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lowjhg
I find the REN only appears in the club rooms though, the normal rooms have the cornucopia citrus stuff which smells artificial :/
I asked the club lounge staff for REN a couple years ago. I've always gotten it regardless of my room ever since.

Same with the Argan at Andaz Tokyo.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Park Hyatt Siem Reap: Cochine
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I asked the club lounge staff for REN a couple years ago. I've always gotten it regardless of my room ever since.

Same with the Argan at Andaz Tokyo.
Nowadays i just bring along my 100mL Aesop travel sets wherever i go. Once you've used the best, its hard to go back!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
No matter what brand....I pack the unused ones, collect and give it groups that serve the homeless.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HMPS
No matter what brand....I pack the unused ones, collect and give it groups that serve the homeless.
Me too, plus the business class airline amenity kits and various cosmetic gift with purchase sets. I donate my stuff to a local shelter for battered women. They seem to really appreciate a small touch of luxury.
JLynn2060 and CabochanDwarf like this.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Many.
Originally Posted by scented
I believe it's Laura Tonatto.
Thanks! Not a brand I am familiar with.

And the idea of donating the hotel/airline kits to shelters is brilliant! Thanks for the good idea, and for doing good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.