Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

10% off points (award and P&C) - 10/31/16 - register by 8/31 -Chase Hyatt card holder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This promo is for those who have the Hyatt credit card, thus meaning it is limited to US members. Receive 10% rebate for points redeemed between 7/11/2016 and 10/31/2016.

Here is the registration link. Register by August 31, 2016.

The Ts and Cs say nothing about the timing of the booking. Rather, it speaks of stays that are completed with a points component. The inference is that stays currently booked do not need to be canceled and rebooked.

1The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 7/11/2016 and 8/31/2016. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between 7/11/2016 and 10/31/2016 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 10/31/2016. You will receive 10% back on the Hyatt Gold Passport points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades and dining and spa activities. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow 6-8 weeks after your points redemption has been completed for your bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points to be loaded into your account.
Print Wikipost

10% off points (award and P&C) - 10/31/16 - register by 8/31 -Chase Hyatt card holder

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Here is the registration link.

The Ts and Cs say nothing about the timing of the booking. Rather, it speaks of stays that are completed with a points component.

1The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 7/11/2016 and 8/31/2016. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Only points redeemed between 7/11/2016 and 10/31/2016 will be eligible for this promotion. If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 10/31/2016. You will receive 10% back on the Hyatt Gold Passport points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades and dining and spa activities. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow 6-8 weeks after your points redemption has been completed for your bonus Hyatt Gold Passport points to be loaded into your account.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Hyatt Concierge said my existing reservations didn't have to be rebooked to qualify for the promo. It'll be good if HGP can confirm here as well.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by pWei
Hyatt Concierge said my existing reservations didn't have to be rebooked to qualify for the promo. It'll be good if HGP can confirm here as well.
Yes - it would... cause Im rebooking a number of rooms and its a pain in the a**
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by pWei
I called the Diamond line and they confirmed the same. Re-booking is not needed for prior reservations - the points should return after the stay.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:10 pm

Looks like it's targeted. Only wife got it. When I try to register with my HGP # it doesn't go through. Bad luck here becaz she's jus plat and all the reservations via my diamond account 😕
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anubond005
Looks like it's targeted. Only wife got it. When I try to register with my HGP # it doesn't go through. Bad luck here becaz she's jus plat and all the reservations via my diamond account 😕
Do you both have Hyatt Chase accounts?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:12 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm not sure ... I didn't receive the email, but was able to register using the link in SanDiego1K's post. Of course, the email may be on its way ...
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Do you both have Hyatt Chase accounts?
Yes. I tried to register via phone and it doesn't go through. Will try again on desktop. Few bloggers also reporting its Targetted.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Same question. I just redeemed 125K for Andaz say July 20 to July 25th.
Is is possible to cancel and rebook? Would Hyatt Reservations do that for me?
Just an update. SM Hyatt rep on flyertalk and confirmed for redemptions its stay date not booking. so we are good and dont need to rebook.

I also changed CC 2nights free bookings to points stays. I had to call Andaz Maui to make that change and its been done and I got my 2 free nights back. Calling Diamond line was not helpful as they just said that redemption was not available for those dates and didnt bother to make a simple swap.

all in, 175K points for 7 nights and 17.5K back which I can use for another stay later this year/early next.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:51 pm

Yes. I tried to register via phone and it doesn't go through. Will try again on desktop. Few bloggers also reporting its Targetted.
It's been fixed for me. HGP confirmed via Twitter that I am registered.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Love! Have a number of P+C bookings during this period. Thanks for sharing OP!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Few bloggers also reporting its Targetted.
The T&C clearly state as much.

The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 7/11/2016 and 8/31/2016.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
would this work for a guest of honor reservation?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:40 am

I have numerous P+C bookings with DSU applied for later this year that I did before the previous batch of DSU's expired in February.

Having to cancel and rebook would cause losing the DSUs that have since expired, so hopefully the 10% rebate on already existing bookings will be honored.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:42 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

This promotion is exclusive to Hyatt credit cardmembers who complete their stay between July 11 – October 31, 2016. Existing award reservations qualify to get 10% of points back. Cardmembers do not need to cancel and rebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.