Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: griffingrowl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Mallorca REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I see a mention of cash and points bookings above - has anyone had much luck with finding availability for this? I just tried a dozen random dates in the next 6 months for one night stays (after trying the dates I actually wanted), and every single night showed points availability, but none showed cash and points.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:16 am

call.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:03 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by Colin
call.
Yes, you need to call vs. looking just at the website. They should be able to find you space for cash+points.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:20 am

Thanks - was indeed able to get cash + points (and apply a DSU). Looking forward to it!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by tsg20
I see a mention of cash and points bookings above - has anyone had much luck with finding availability for this? I just tried a dozen random dates in the next 6 months for one night stays (after trying the dates I actually wanted), and every single night showed points availability, but none showed cash and points.
I literally just booked two nights using C+P in late november here.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:30 pm

Any advice on car hire from those that have already stayed? We started nosing around and it sounds like PMI car rental agencies are full of scams, including some of the major international brands, so we're not sure who to trust. If anyone had a good or bad experience, it would be very helpful, since it sounds like a car is a must-have at this property.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by tsg20
Any advice on car hire from those that have already stayed? We started nosing around and it sounds like PMI car rental agencies are full of scams, including some of the major international brands, so we're not sure who to trust. If anyone had a good or bad experience, it would be very helpful, since it sounds like a car is a must-have at this property.
Absolutely , there are tons of scams there and I heard lots of examples of people either waiting very long in line or getting a car that had lots of wear on it. For that reason we went with hertz , we probably paid more but in the end we got a nice new car and no lines at either end
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
ok

we rented from OK with a gorgous rate. Got a brand new Nissan Quashkai despite booking golf class. pick up was smooth, today drop off. we drove a lot, and should get money for gas. cant see right now, where a problem should come up.
The usual selling process at picking up was there of course.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:18 am

Update: Drop off was smooth also, but beware of long lines all over... Mallorca is overrun this year
Got money for the gas tank back and easy drop off.
If you get a good rate, go for it.
Btw, our rate was 21 Euro/day.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:44 am

So I should be worried that I have a reservation in 2 weeks for 16 Euro/day with Economy Rent-A-Car that I made on priceline?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by dukie570
So I should be worried that I have a reservation in 2 weeks for 16 Euro/day with Economy Rent-A-Car that I made on priceline?
no. get your paperwork together , make fotos before and after and get your papers after drop off right. About other "special deals" at pick up.... salestime....
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:09 am

thanks for the advice, it's all very helpful. We've got a booking with Alamo, since they're recommended by Guardian/Which magazine as transparent about fuel charges, although I've also been reading about long queues.

Vanrell comes up a lot over on TripAdvisor forums as a good local alternative-- clear about no fuel scam, and on a different floor of the garage, so no queues. Anyone with experience of them? I could get an automatic for the same price as a manual with Alamo, which might be useful on mountainous roads.

(and just say if I should move this to the Spain forum, I had a look but there doesn't seem to be much activity lately)
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
I'll be checking in here tomw if anyone has questions or wants specific photos.

Will post a short review following stay
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
First impression is WOW. What a view and property.

Im lazy so I used a cab - and have had the hotel arrange a day rental here. Cost was about 90 Euro each way and took an hour.

Overall great hotel.. Brand new so the rooms are perfect.

Few service issues here and there .. Check in took far too long (about 45 minutes). Food is just okay at Asia. Trying TAPA tonight. Bell boys are nice and go drop you off at the beach (5min) if you request.

One item that is lacking is Diamond Recognition. Outside of late checkout nothing was offered (offered us pralines as a amenity). Also was not upgraded to best available room just a single cat bump from booked room.

It would be great if they let you take room service breakfast and or offered a cocktail / wine hour.

I have a suite booked for the remainder of stay so I will see how the suites are!

Originally Posted by footastic
I'll be checking in here tomw if anyone has questions or wants specific photos.

Will post a short review following stay
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by footastic
First impression is WOW. What a view and property.

Few service issues here and there .. Check in took far too long (about 45 minutes). Food is just okay at Asia. Trying TAPA tonight. Bell boys are nice and go drop you off at the beach (5min) if you request.

One item that is lacking is Diamond Recognition. Outside of late checkout nothing was offered (offered us pralines as a amenity). Also was not upgraded to best available room just a single cat bump from booked room.

It would be great if they let you take room service breakfast and or offered a cocktail / wine hour.
We are also here at the moment. Some great things, some less good. Very happy that the room was ready after we arrived way before check-in (flight landed at Palma at 7.30 am, we hired from Hertz at around 35 euro/day and arrived around 9.30) and that late check-out was no problem until 6 pm. Note that it is difficult to find the hotel - no signs from the road, but if you see something that looks like the hotel, it probably is!

Rooms are nice, great view, very good size, nice toiletries (Bottega Veneta). Service at breakfast has been hit or miss and room service only ok. However, great personal service today when we had a medical issue. Staff at reception could not do enough to help and the spa was also wonderful, very flexible.

As a couple looking for a quiet weekend away, there are a few too many noisy children. At times it has been too loud to sit outside on the balcony and it is intrusive at breakfast - it would be great if the hotel had an informal separation between families and couples.

I could not recommend paying full price here at present - the service is not really up to Park Hyatt standards. However, on cash and points it is a steal and I am sure that confidence will grow and by next year, the small issues will be ironed out. In our opinion, this has the opportunity to become the flagship European Hyatt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.