Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Book directly for the best experience

Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:15 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalkers,

Beginning today, we are rewarding Hyatt Gold Passport members with a discount for reservations at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and Australia made through Hyatt.com or our mobile app.

Why? Because experience matters, and we can provide you with the best one when you book directly with us. We have more chances to get to know you – with more information that’s straight from the source – and more opportunities to personalize your experience, whether that’s you picking the best room type or us knowing you want an extra blanket.

This new discount (subject to availability) is just one of the benefits of booking directly.

• Best value: With Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee, if a guest finds a qualifying lower rate published on another site within 24 hours of booking, Hyatt will match it and discount it by 20 percent for the entire stay. There was some confusion about this recently, so be sure you’ve seen the latest details on Hyatt.com.
• Loyalty program benefits: Hyatt Gold Passport members who make direct bookings can earn loyalty points and credit toward elite tier status, which brings additional benefits such as free premium Wi-Fi and complimentary suite upgrades.
• On-the-go access and support: Hyatt.com and the mobile app make it easy to manage reservations on-the-go, including reservation changes without surprise fees and around-the-clock support by phone or social channels.

And, you’ll soon see an enhanced mobile app that will further your ability to drive your own experiences, including instant communication with us on services like Messenger or text messaging. It will be in “test mode” within the next few weeks, so we will share it for your feedback to fine-tune it before the official launch.

Sincerely,

Ellen Lee
Senior Vice President, Global Digital
Hyatt
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
• Loyalty program benefits: Hyatt Gold Passport members who make direct bookings can earn loyalty points and credit toward elite tier status, which brings additional benefits such as free premium Wi-Fi and complimentary suite upgrades.
Is the section in bold simply relating to Diamond Suite Upgrades or is there something new?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
*corrections

... When the app and website actually work.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Is the section in bold simply relating to Diamond Suite Upgrades or is there something new?
Good catch and for further clarification of what tier this applies to (is it only Diamond much like SPG Plstinum suite upgrades or?).
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... BTW, we may have just answered who owns the IT department in the OPs sig.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it just me or there is nothing really new with this announcement?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:06 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Hi britishcanuck,

The section in bold that you mentioned is relating to Diamond suite upgrades.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Crap. And I just blew 50 bucks on renewing my AAA membership.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Thanks for this. It almost makes up for the discontinuation of My Elite Rate. Every little bit helps! :-)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Crap. And I just blew 50 bucks on renewing my AAA membership.
I wouldn't feel too bad about that. A lot of hotels have AAA rate as lower than the member discount rate.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Anything seeing the discount? Still pulling up Standard Rates for me.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm seeing the discount, but for the hotels I checked, the discounted rate is the same as the AAA rate.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'm seeing the discount, but for the hotels I checked, the discounted rate is the same as the AAA rate.
Are the terms the same too? It's too bad Hyatt won't give us a discount from the AAA rates, for those of us who are Hyatt elites or who are AAA members booking on hyatt.com.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pWei
Anything seeing the discount? Still pulling up Standard Rates for me.
I've seen it at one of the five US Hyatts I checked (Hyatt Regency Waikiki)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:36 pm

If you're old enough to be a "Senior" you get the same rate. Sometimes the AAA rate will include a bundled breakfast for two for slightly more than the rate for the room alone. Plus, many hotels offer an AAA discount so there are plenty of reasons, besides auto emergency services, to have an AAA membership. The "catch" for this new HGP rate, of course, is "subject to availability."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.