Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Not true. Someone above used theirs.
INTERESTING...Calling right now.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:02 am

Called and spoke with another rep. She was able to include the DSU. I then asked her to book me into a standard room and upgrade it with DSU, which she did successfully and saved me TONS of money.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:31 am

At the hotel now...Great staff. Room has a 50s vibe to it. I think they need to reevaluate their diamond perks. There isn't a single item thats free in their minibar (a small fridge). Bootle of "Fred" water cost $5. I think i'll settle for a pack from the closest convenience store for less the price. I drink a lot of water. I can't imagine paying them $5 for every bottle i drink.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
At the hotel now...Great staff. Room has a 50s vibe to it. I think they need to reevaluate their diamond perks. There isn't a single item thats free in their minibar (a small fridge). Bootle of "Fred" water cost $5. I think i'll settle for a pack from the closest convenience store for less the price. I drink a lot of water. I can't imagine paying them $5 for every bottle i drink.
Did you expect something to be free in the minibar for a diamond? Other than at Andaz hotels and I guess select Park Hyatt's now, this isn't the norm as far as I know. Is this is a normal "Unbound Collection" perk?
Old May 27, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Did you expect something to be free in the minibar for a diamond? Other than at Andaz hotels and I guess select Park Hyatt's now, this isn't the norm as far as I know. Is this is a normal "Unbound Collection" perk?
I expected water to be free or at least not at the steep price of $5 per tiny little bottle. I've never stayed at an "Unbound collection" property before. But $5 for a little bottle of water is ridiculous. I drank the Heinekens and Corona's in the fridge and went to Walgreens the morning to replace them because i refuse to pay $5 for a bottle of Corona or Heineken when a 6 pack is $9.99 across the street. Figured i'd drink the cold one's in the minibar and replace them with the ones from Walgreens since the fridge doesnt have a sensor.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Confidante stay not posting to Chase Hyatt as Hyatt purchase

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has this problem. I just stayed here for 5 nights x 3 rooms. Paid with Chase Hyatt card and the purchase did not code as a Hyatt purchase thus only 1 pt/$ vs 3pt/$ . I'm on the phone with Chase right now to sort it out but thought I'd make the rest of you guys aware of this just in case....

UPDATE: Chase confirms that I should have received 3pts/$ but due to the large amount of points due (>9000 [seems small to me :P]), they have to get in touch with their marketing team in order for the points to post correctly. I will update if and when that happens (was told 7-10 business days).

Last edited by huynhc; Jun 18, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I stayed there last week and as a Diamond upgrade was given a very nice corner room with a wraparound balcony facing the ocean. I noticed that there was a charge for the water and, instead of just drinking it and getting the charge taken off at check-out, I called and was sent two one liter bottles of Evian. Those lasted me the entire three days I was there. As far as the place is concerned, it is quite well run, clean, and modern feeling, even with the art deco look.

The restaurants are polar opposites. The SeaGrape is quiet and elegant with excellent food menus and a wine list that is small but expertly curated. The Diamond breakfast was anything you wanted off the menu and some rather unusual items were very well prepared. OTOH, Talde tries to be Asian-Fusion but, in a genre that is somewhat imitative to start, it succeeds in being completely bogus. Not only is the food mostly not very good, the place is suffused with a never-ending series of rap recordings that do are not at all conducive to the enjoyment of a meal. Even one of the servers admitted that the program was completely canned, somewhat tiresome, and that, regretfully, nothing could be done about it. That one is IMO "Avoid at all costs."

If I again needed to be up there in the forties near the beach, I would not at all hesitate to go there. I did like the place.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by hdfdisk
Booked for memorial day with suite upgrade!
(And the fun thing is, there was a Tornado warning on HGP call center today when I was calling to use DSU)
How was the suite?

Anyone stay in the Miami Suite and know whether or not it's worth using a DSU here? I'm trying to decide between here or the Centric. I have a booking at the HR right now, but thinking about changing to one of these.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
I stayed there last week and as a Diamond upgrade was given a very nice corner room with a wraparound balcony facing the ocean.
Thanks for your review! Have you stayed at the Centric or HR and can compare the two/three?

Do you know if the area around The Confidante is better or the area around the Centric?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ang2383
Thanks for your review! Have you stayed at the Centric or HR and can compare the two/three?

Do you know if the area around The Confidante is better or the area around the Centric?
I have not stayed at the Centric and do not know the Beach area well enough to answer that question. I do know that the forties area where the Confidante is located does not have as many tourist attractions as South Beach or the Bal Harbour area further north.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by ang2383
How was the suite?

Anyone stay in the Miami Suite and know whether or not it's worth using a DSU here? I'm trying to decide between here or the Centric. I have a booking at the HR right now, but thinking about changing to one of these.
I stayed in the Miami Suite. Honestly, it's nothing to write home about. You basically just get more space. A living area and sleeping area. The also blessed me with a "partial ocean view". I say this because i had to almost break my neck in order to see the water. Other than that, the property is really awesome. Just don't pay for the water. If you need pictures of the suite, just let me know. I posted a review on trip advisor with pictures too.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:51 am

I have not stayed at the Centric and do not know the Beach area well enough to answer that question. I do know that the forties area where the Confidante is located does not have as many tourist attractions as South Beach or the Bal Harbour area further north.
Very true. It's a quite area, but if you go about 10 blocks up the road, you'll see all the craziness. I really like The Confidant because of that. During our stay, i sometimes just called for the car and drove us up the road for amusement, then drove back after stopping at La Granja (check out this Peruvian place) on Biscayne Blvd.

BTW, i noticed your comment about the water. I didn't know they give away free bottles of water. Thanks for letting me know because i'll probably be back there later this year.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:11 pm

Thanks monitor and membersince2013! I appreciate the response!

membersince2013 - yes, can you please share photos of the miami suite. i'm still deciding between the two.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...BTW, i noticed your comment about the water. I didn't know they give away free bottles of water. Thanks for letting me know because i'll probably be back there later this year.
I'm sorry that I forgot to mention that I asked for the water mentioning to the agent that it was a standard Diamond GP amenity. He needed to put me on hold and go to get more information before coming back on and telling me that the water would be sent up right away. Again, my apologies since I realized from your post that I do not know whether anyone but a Diamond will get the comped water. .
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:45 pm

I'm sorry that I forgot to mention that I asked for the water mentioning to the agent that it was a standard Diamond GP amenity. He needed to put me on hold and go to get more information before coming back on and telling me that the water would be sent up right away. Again, my apologies since I realized from your post that I do not know whether anyone but a Diamond will get the comped water. .
Oh, please don't apologies. You've given me ammo for my next visit! I'll never have to pay for water again.The thing is that i can pretty much drink about four 1 liters in 3 days and i hate to have to purchase a whole case from the store. Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.