Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Stay More Play More Promotion - Tiered Bonus Points - 4/1-6/30/16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StevenH123
Register here from April 1 til June 30. Registration can occur after stays as long as it is by June 30.

You will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete five Eligible Nights,
an additional 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 10 Eligible Nights,
an additional 15,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 15 Eligible Nights,
an additional 20,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 20 Eligible Nights,
and an additional 25,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 25 Eligible Nights during the Offer Period.
A maximum 75,000 bonus points may be earned, regardless of the number of nights completed during the Offer Period.

This is a night based promo, not a stay based promo.
Points + Cash nights count
MLife nights count
Award nights do not count

Spoke to 2 CS agents who indicated:
1. Promo starts with 4/1 checkin and ends with 6/30 check out.
2. 4/1 check out do NOT count
3. 6/30 check in DOES count (confirmed with Gold Passport Concierge in posts 275 & 277)
4. This is the 1st promo on their new computer system (may explain the delay in the 2016 promo). CS advised to book stays that overlap with 6/30 separately to avoid calling CS to get credit. Eg if staying 6/29-7/1, book as 6/29-6/30 and 6/30-7/1. Will count as 1 stay and need only 1 DSU. Even if hotel combines the reservation, the computer system will recognize as separate.

Per T & C and confirmed with CS:
"...register ... by June 30, 2016" and it will be retroactive to 4/1 check in

Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive Eligible Night credit for their room, regardless of the number of rooms paid.

You must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at the time of check-in and choose points or miles for your stay

"Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, the Standard Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates and Points + Cash awards.

"Ineligible Rates" are any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates
Print Wikipost

Stay More Play More Promotion - Tiered Bonus Points - 4/1-6/30/16

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: No Rewards Program
Just received my 5000 bonus for my mlife stay in Vegas 4/11 - 4/16. Booked directly with mlife. I thought it wouldn't qualify, but the terms don't say.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dagganit
Just received my 5000 bonus for my mlife stay in Vegas 4/11 - 4/16. Booked directly with mlife. I thought it wouldn't qualify, but the terms don't say.
I assume that you haven't read the Wiki on this thread then. IIRC, for the most part, mlife stays count for most, if not all, promotions other than Diamond challenges.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: No Rewards Program
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I assume that you haven't read the Wiki on this thread then. IIRC, for the most part, mlife stays count for most, if not all, promotions other than Diamond challenges.
Thank you for pointing that out.

But I am sharing my experience. When I signed up for the promo and did my stay. I could not find in the terms if mlife qualified, so I did not know that mlife qualified. It was only afterwards when I received my 5000 that I found this thread and read that mlife qualified, so wanted to share my experience. So again, thank you for pointing that out. You may delete my comment if it's not needed, but I am thankful
Old May 4, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Thinking about logging some phantom stays in order to re-earn Diamond status next year, as well as accumulate extra points during this promotion period (Stay More, Play More)

I am currently a Diamond, and have the Hyatt card. I will probably get 4 work-paid Hyatt trips during this promo period.

Assuming I book another 11 nights at a nearby Category 1 Full Service hyatt (with no lounge, unfortunately) at C&P rates ($50 + 2,500/night), I'd earn a total of ~48,000 points for the 11 C&P nights (including the 30K bonus for reaching 15 nights, which I'll achieve thanks to my 4 work-paid trips). Out of pocket cost would be around $670.

I can get the remaining 10 nights to requalify for Diamond later in the year (between work and personal trips).

Would you spend ~$670 to earn 48K points + 15 stay credits?
Old May 4, 2016, 10:05 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I would. I'm the first to admit I'm not fully rational when it comes to maintaining Hyatt Diamond. I love many of the hotels, I love the treatment, I love the suite upgrades, and most importantly, my husband loves me being diamond. But even putting the emotion aside, I value Hyatt points at 2 cents each. That gives your 48K points a value of $960.

However, I wonder if you calculated how many points you consume to earn the 48K points? It seems you would spend 27.5K points plus money to earn the 48K points.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I would. I'm the first to admit I'm not fully rational when it comes to maintaining Hyatt Diamond. I love many of the hotels, I love the treatment, I love the suite upgrades, and most importantly, my husband loves me being diamond. But even putting the emotion aside, I value Hyatt points at 2 cents each. That gives your 48K points a value of $960.

However, I wonder if you calculated how many points you consume to earn the 48K points? It seems you would spend 27.5K points plus money to earn the 48K points.
I would, too. The hardest thing about doing this is not the spend, but the effort required to check in for 15 separate stays. I did a local mattress ran in December . . . throw in some bay area traffic, and it was really kind of grueling
Old May 4, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Oops - just re-ran the math. After accounting for the 1K amenity per stay, plus the 325 points I'd earn per stay for the Cash portion of the C&P ($50 x 5 x 30% Diamond bonus), plus the 3 points per dollar for charging the stay on my Hyatt CC less cost of points per stay (2,500), each stay will cost me about 1,000 points. Add in the 30K earned for 15 stays, net earn will be about 25K points (I'm adding in the GP points I'll be earning for my 4 other work/personal stays to get me to 15 stays). Math still works out.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
I really hope they extend this promotion!
Old May 5, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanWanders View Post
I had no Hyatt stays planned for April - June prior to the start of this promotion, but since I want to stay at the Park Hyatt in Sydney for 3 nights later in the year, I've decided to book 25 separate visits at Cat. 1 hotels in the DFW area, so that I will (a) make Diamond (I'm currently platinum due to credit card), and (b) earn enough points to pay for my Park Hyatt Stay (which is a value of close to 3k, especially since breakfast would be included for 3 guests during my 3 night stay).

I did my first night yesterday. Checked in, took a look at the room, messed the bed up a little, and left. I have 10 nights booked through the rest of the month; I just haven't had a chance to book 25 nights yet.

I don't know why people feel the need to "messed up the bed up a little" you just check in at the front desk and leave. Why create extra work for the housekeeping staff, plus everything has to be washed again, unnecessarily.
You get your credit, I've done this many times.
Looks like I'm gonna start doing that. Very easy way to get 25 stays.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali

I'm in the process of a mattress run during the promo. If you decide to go for the 15 nights, I'd urge you to consider going for the full 25 nights during the promo. With the extra promo points from those extra nights, particularly from a cat 1 full Hyatt, it seems to be an easy decision.

I'm a bit lucky that my cat 1 full Hyatt forgets to include the diamond amenity points about 75% of the time. The extra 500 points after a call in helps with the valuation decision.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would, too. The hardest thing about doing this is not the spend, but the effort required to check in for 15 separate stays. I did a local mattress ran in December . . . throw in some bay area traffic, and it was really kind of grueling
Since the promo is for nights not stays, you can check in for a long stay and never go back. When I do this, I call the front desk every couple of days to make sure they don't check me out. If asked, my story is that my wife kicked me out of the house, so I checked in to a local hotel but we are working on a reconcile.

However, the cost of a long stay is only one amenity bonus per stay rather than one every night.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody else confirmed the wiki concerning?

3. 6/30 check in do NOT count

This seems incorrect as T&Cs state "All Eligible Nights under this offer must occur from April 1, 2016 through June 30, 2016 (“Offer Period”). "

A JUN 30 check-in would be for the night of JUN 30 and within promotional period.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
I'm in the process of a mattress run during the promo. If you decide to go for the 15 nights, I'd urge you to consider going for the full 25 nights during the promo. With the extra promo points from those extra nights, particularly from a cat 1 full Hyatt, it seems to be an easy decision.

I'm a bit lucky that my cat 1 full Hyatt forgets to include the diamond amenity points about 75% of the time. The extra 500 points after a call in helps with the valuation decision.
We've probably crossed paths at the HR North Dallas

I have also had the same experience with the diamond amenity. I just tweet them and it gets resolved in a few mins. No complaints here. Some of the nights I've done on C+P and some on cheap Costco rates. Great MR property. The free drinks + appetizer (or dessert, if you ask nicely) at the bar is a nice perk too.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: IHG (Spire), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Lifetime Gold); Hyatt (Globalist)
Just completed my 25th night of the promo and all 75,000 points have posted to my account. Couldn't have worked out better to be working in a city for 6 weeks with a Hyatt House.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by skeeze666
Just completed my 25th night of the promo and all 75,000 points have posted to my account. Couldn't have worked out better to be working in a city for 6 weeks with a Hyatt House.
Kind of off topic, but for your 6 weeks, were you able to negotiate a discounted rate? Thinking of doing one for about 12 weeks (if they ever decide to pick up their phone/email me back)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.