Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by opiuman
Right now I have a Ocean Front booked at HR Waikiki which is really the ideal room/view type I want, should I also book a base room for the same dates or just wait until the 4 new DSUs come in and handle it then? In addition the stay is planned for 8 nights so I would have to use 2 anyway. Should I book 2 separate stays now with different lengths and try to apply DSU in 2 weeks? Is there any benefit to booking anything higher than the base room when using a DSU?

Dumb questions but this is the first time I'm using a DSU as I got Diamond late 2016 and didn't have anything planned pre March 2017.
Book a cancelable cheapest-room-possible and call 3/1 to apply DSUs. Can be one 8 night booking (they'll just apply 2 DSUs). Or you can ask to apply one for 7 days and hope that the hotel will let you stay in the same room a final night. If DSU inventory is gone somehow, just cancel the cancelable room.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
If you already have the room type booked that is perfect for you, why change to a suite?

But if you want a suite with a DSU booking the lowest priced room is the way to go. But suite inventory needs to be available, and for a stay of 8 days that will be a challenge.
I phrased that poorly. The most I would want is the Ocean View with a paid rate but I'd take a Ocean View Parlor Suite as a result of using a DSU if I could. I'm not sure how they compare exactly but that's a question more suited for the HR Waikiki thread anyway.

Yeah, I figured it's gonna be a challenge but hope for the best of luck.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:24 pm

Blackout Dates

Looking to book award nights at two different properties.

Pittsburgh Sep 1-5 (holiday weekend)
Indianapolis Dec 1-3 (Big 10 football championship weekend)

When can I expect award nights to become available?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

When standard rooms are available for booking... and those tend to get sold out early during high-demand periods.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:56 am

difficulty booking using free nights

I tried to book both park hyatt new York and hyatt andaz using my 2 free nights and points in late March. I found online , no availability, I called customer service and they said that I can only use it for standard room and they don't have any. Is this the norm for Hyatt, calling a few rooms standard, book them up, and now have no available rooms to use points on?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No, the norm is that people inform themselves before applying for the free nights and then booking early when standard rooms are still available.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
No, the norm is that people inform themselves before applying for the free nights and then booking early when standard rooms are still available.
There is usual availability at Park Hyatt if I book early enough? Is there a usual good time to book the free room, i.e 2-3 months out?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Normally the higher priced properties have less standard rooms than those a bit more standard. PH NY is a bit of a special case with few standards rooms, for the rest it's just looking for availability as far in advance as you can. Looking for a single night at a time also helps....
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:29 am

Could someone please point me to the new language of the Hyatt club lounge access awards? I'm a bit confused on how they will work for explorists. For example, do I use on the spot at checkin? Call before? Can they be used on points redemption award, certificate awards, etc? Thanks a million.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There is a T&C on the WOH page that has the answer.....
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...att-terms.html

Apply at time of reservation to an eligible rate or award (not for free night certs) for a stay of max 7 nights, property needs to have a club lounge.....
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tovo
There is usual availability at Park Hyatt if I book early enough? Is there a usual good time to book the free room, i.e 2-3 months out?
Park Hyatt NYC often has award availability. (Though you're not likely to find anything during Fashion Week, etc.) Keep checking.

Andaz Maui is extremely difficult, as they play all sorts of games to avoid allowing award redemptions.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Park Hyatt NYC often has award availability. (Though you're not likely to find anything during Fashion Week, etc.) Keep checking.

Andaz Maui is extremely difficult, as they play all sorts of games to avoid allowing award redemptions.
Thank you
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:37 pm

Hmmm... I just got a 8 night stay confirmed with DSU but I want to actually shorten the stay to 7 nights, get 1 DSU back, book with the free night that all the Globs just got that, apply the DSU to it and then link them together.

Debating whether it's better to talk to the hotel or just talk to WOH number...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by opiuman
Hmmm... I just got a 8 night stay confirmed with DSU but I want to actually shorten the stay to 7 nights, get 1 DSU back, book with the free night that all the Globs just got that, apply the DSU to it and then link them together.

Debating whether it's better to talk to the hotel or just talk to WOH number...
How much time do you have? Sounds simple, I'm guessing you need to set your expectations around 30-45 minutes call, wait time, explaining, on hold, confirm, then verify, then call back to double check etc....
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
How much time do you have? Sounds simple, I'm guessing you need to set your expectations around 30-45 minutes call, wait time, explaining, on hold, confirm, then verify, then call back to double check etc....
Figured out that you can't apply a TSU to the Cat 1-7 stay so no need anymore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.