Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
been in HGP since 2014 but with the new levels I feel like a newbie

as someone whose only claim to any status with HGP comes through spend on the hyatt chase card (and who will be awarded Explorist status b/c of said spending on said card), the loyalty program change is actually a net positive for me, is it not?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
With the understanding that we only get one room credit as of family of five in two different rooms, is there any better option? I Can't see the benefit of two accounts with us both earning nights, unless I'm missing something. My DH has the hyatt card and we put the nights on his card.

We just returned from a long holiday and enjoyed The Churchill in London and stayed a night at CDG in paris.

Are there any Hotel reward programs that gives you night credits for two rooms on the same reservation?

thank you for all the information
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
There's no better option that I'm aware of. You get points for both rooms, but stay/night credit for only one.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Guest of honor - can I gift the Chase free night certificate to my guest of honor? Or does this have to be point award stay? Thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It has to be a points award stay.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:41 pm
MTY

My first post, woohoo! I actually have 3 questions.

My annual award night has posted and I can use it to make a booking, and the annual fee will be billed this month. I don't plan on keeping the card, but I thought I'd take a shot a booking the award night anyway for August 2017. I think I read somewhere on FT that the reservation usually stays booked but I can't remember for sure and I couldn't find it just now when I tried to search. Question #1: Has anyone tried this?

Question #2: My Hyatt Platinum status via the CC shows until January 2018, but does that disappear whenever I cancel the card?

Question #3: I called into the Hyatt reservation line and asked that if I'm using a free annual award night, do I have the option to use Hyatt points to upgrade to a better room. The rep said I have the cash option now, and she said sometimes the hotel will allow that. Does anyone have experience using the award night and paying with points to upgrade to a superior room--and how did you do it?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
We received an offer from Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch (HRC, i.e. timeshare) for 4 days/3 nights at $199+. The main requirement being attendance at the 90-120 minute "tour" (i.e. sales pitch), certain income and "creditworthiness".

Not having done one of these offers before, can anyone please chime in and explain what we will need to do to prove we meet those requirements? If Hyatt will run a credit check on one or both of us, not sure it's worth it; similarly, wouldn't want tax returns floating out there.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mitchwebb
With the understanding that we only get one room credit as of family of five in two different rooms, is there any better option? I Can't see the benefit of two accounts with us both earning nights, unless I'm missing something. My DH has the hyatt card and we put the nights on his card.

We just returned from a long holiday and enjoyed The Churchill in London and stayed a night at CDG in paris.

Are there any Hotel reward programs that gives you night credits for two rooms on the same reservation?

thank you for all the information
I'm only familiar with SPG. They will allow you to get stay/night credit on up to 3 rooms per night. If this is what you are really concerned about, I would look there.

Also, you can still have two separate Hyatt accounts and use the same credit card to pay at checkout. The credit card used at checkout does not have to match the name of the person booking the room. Some may try to say that it does, but it really doesn't. Or if you are super concerned about it, have him add you as an authorized user to the account.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MTY
My first post, woohoo! I actually have 3 questions.

My annual award night has posted and I can use it to make a booking, and the annual fee will be billed this month. I don't plan on keeping the card, but I thought I'd take a shot a booking the award night anyway for August 2017. I think I read somewhere on FT that the reservation usually stays booked but I can't remember for sure and I couldn't find it just now when I tried to search. Question #1: Has anyone tried this?

Question #2: My Hyatt Platinum status via the CC shows until January 2018, but does that disappear whenever I cancel the card?

Question #3: I called into the Hyatt reservation line and asked that if I'm using a free annual award night, do I have the option to use Hyatt points to upgrade to a better room. The rep said I have the cash option now, and she said sometimes the hotel will allow that. Does anyone have experience using the award night and paying with points to upgrade to a superior room--and how did you do it?

Thanks!!
Some of your questions may be answered better in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...hase-wiki.html

However, let me try.
1) You have already received the award in your Hyatt account. If will not be taken away after you cancel the card. Read the other thread though for datapoints.
2) Yes you will lose your status instantly unless you had 5 stays/10 nights in 2016, which is the standard to get Platinum status with Hyatt.
3) As mentioned in the Wiki of the other thread,
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?

No. No. No.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Best price guarantee

How does the Hyatt best price guarantee work? I've seen a property for about 15% less (tax inc) than I can find on Hyatt. Should I ask Hyatt to match the price or should I book through the aggregator and still get my Hyatt points?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
How does the Hyatt best price guarantee work? I've seen a property for about 15% less (tax inc) than I can find on Hyatt. Should I ask Hyatt to match the price or should I book through the aggregator and still get my Hyatt points?
Read their terms about the program here: https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer...-guarantee.jsp

You have to make a reservation from the 3rd party sight first, then fill out the claim form at the link above.

Hyatt rejects a majority of BRG claims unless the reservation is from well known 3rd party booking sites like : Priceline, Expedia, etc....and you have to follow the room matching rules very closely.

You can read thru the separate Hyatt BRG claims thread on FT to get more details from FT users that have made claims and their outcomes.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
How fluid is award availability?

I'm taking my kids to Maui in a little under 2 weeks. We've got a standard room booked at the Hyatt Regency for 20K/night. I'd much prefer to get into the Hyatt Vacation Club or the Andaz if I can so have been monitoring the award availability but so far in the past 2 months neither has shown any GP rates -- just cash bookings.

As it get closer, any chance of award rooms opening up or is it a lost cause? Any advice appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by noah
I'm taking my kids to Maui in a little under 2 weeks. We've got a standard room booked at the Hyatt Regency for 20K/night. I'd much prefer to get into the Hyatt Vacation Club or the Andaz if I can so have been monitoring the award availability but so far in the past 2 months neither has shown any GP rates -- just cash bookings.

As it get closer, any chance of award rooms opening up or is it a lost cause? Any advice appreciated.
Call the property and ask if they'll open a C+P or points-only room for you; it's worked for me in the past (albeit not at any of these properties).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:17 pm

Park Hyatt New York, free nights, and max occupancy

I recently signed up for a Hyatt Visa card with the intention of using my two free nights at the Park Hyatt in New York. I will be traveling with my wife and two small kids, and I've discovered that the only Standard rooms have one king bed. This is all right from my perspective, as we often get a crib for our youngest and our 5 year old often sleeps with us in a king bed when we travel, but when I search for room availability, the king rooms disappear when I enter 2 adults and two children. They seem to have a maximum occupancy of three.

Does anyone have experience staying at the Park Hyatt New York with four people? I'm wondering if the three to a room is a hard limit and if we'd face trouble at check in time if we booked a king room.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Jycollin
I recently signed up for a Hyatt Visa card with the intention of using my two free nights at the Park Hyatt in New York. I will be traveling with my wife and two small kids, and I've discovered that the only Standard rooms have one king bed. This is all right from my perspective, as we often get a crib for our youngest and our 5 year old often sleeps with us in a king bed when we travel, but when I search for room availability, the king rooms disappear when I enter 2 adults and two children. They seem to have a maximum occupancy of three.

Does anyone have experience staying at the Park Hyatt New York with four people? I'm wondering if the three to a room is a hard limit and if we'd face trouble at check in time if we booked a king room.
To avoid any questions or misunderstandings, you should just call the hotel directly and ask.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.