Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

BOSTON, MA - Hyatt Regency or Boston Harbor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry

Planning a trip next October to Boston for a few days vacation. Need to choose between the 2... based on accommodations, location etc...

What is your recommendation?

Things to consider:

- Traveling with my wife and a 15 month old
- Will use a DSU

Thank you in advance...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'd suggest Hyatt Regency as it is in the downtown. The Boston Harbor Hyatt, though has a great view and free airport shuttle, is a little far from all the tourist spots.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mediator
I'd suggest Hyatt Regency as it is in the downtown. The Boston Harbor Hyatt, though has a great view and free airport shuttle, is a little far from all the tourist spots.
Thanks! We are driving it so even more of a reason to stay at HR....
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
At the Regency only one of the suites in the upgrade pool has a tub/shower (vs. walk in shower only). I believe it is 2001 or 2101. We switched into this room to help w/bathing our baby. They will provide an infant tub but it was easier to do w/a faucet rather than just a showerhead.

Originally Posted by elg26
Planning a trip next October to Boston for a few days vacation. Need to choose between the 2... based on accommodations, location etc...

What is your recommendation?

Things to consider:

- Traveling with my wife and a 15 month old
- Will use a DSU

Thank you in advance...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM
TV input

I'm using this thread to include a quick question about the HR Financial Boston. Do the TV in the Executive suites have hdmi input?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:40 pm

I was just there a few weeks ago. I know the regular rooms don't have accessible HDMI ports on the TV. I assume it would be the same if the TV is mounted up against the wall.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peatisback
At the Regency only one of the suites in the upgrade pool has a tub/shower (vs. walk in shower only). I believe it is 2001 or 2101. We switched into this room to help w/bathing our baby. They will provide an infant tub but it was easier to do w/a faucet rather than just a showerhead.
Thank you for this info! Appreciate...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
If you are headed to the HR Boston and you are driving, be aware that the hotel's parking is very expensive.

My suggestion if it is over weekend, is to take a look at the Post Office Square Parking Garage. A 5-7 min walk and far cheaper ($9/weekend day I think vs $40+)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.