Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by freeflyin
While I appreciate the heads up, I agree with a previous poster that a 4 day outage is very unprofessional,not to mention hugely inconvenient.

Postponing the posting of point until 12/28 is also ridiculous. I am taking no chances on this and will be cancelling my week long stay next week and booking elsewhere.
Not 12/28, the week of 12/28. Points may not post until the start of the new year...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I'm confused at why a late posting date would affect your mind to stay somewhere. I understand being upset over recent changes but your points posting later won't change anything unless you need your points ASAP. Even if the nights/stay post later and you needed those to requalify, do you really think HGP would give you any issues and making sure you got your status extended?
Until recently,I would have agreed with you,but recent events,taken as a whole,have me moving away from Hyatt at least for a while.

Repeated website outages,long phone wait times and a 4 day planned maintenance have me wondering how things will be fixed,if at all.

Along with the Diamond match mess, I received a reply to an email to GP regarding a completely different matter-that thanked me for my new membership and tier request and to wait 14 days. That alone tells me that they seem to be in over their heads right now and I am choosing to stay elsewhere to avoid more potential issue with postings during their down time.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by freeflyin
While I appreciate the heads up, I agree with a previous poster that a 4 day outage is very unprofessional,not to mention hugely inconvenient.

Postponing the posting of point until 12/28 is also ridiculous. I am taking no chances on this and will be cancelling my week long stay next week and booking elsewhere.
What exactly is the impact on you of your points posting a few days later? You are rebooking because of this? Do you always let the tail wag the dog?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Four days sounds more than maintenance. Sounds more a rip and replace to me!!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
Four days sounds more than maintenance. Sounds more a rip and replace to me!!
Don't see how they can do that while accepting new reservations at the same time.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is this maintenance going to involve wiping out points from relatively inactive accounts where the points are subject to the expiration policy?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Don't see how they can do that while accepting new reservations at the same time.
The reservations system and the Gold Passport system are likely somewhat separate. Given that it seems that nothing on the Gold Passport system will be working for several days, suggests they are doing something pretty big - like moving to a new system.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
A website and booking system aren't the same thing. The website is more than likely just a preface for the back end booking system. This system is the same that a HGP agent would see when you call in.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just called to make a GOH reservation and there's a similar announcement as what's posted above.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
4 days, lol?! Could you imagine Yahoo or Google or Amazon or Facebook going down for 4 days? What sort of IT clowns do they have working over there? Whoever is running Hyatt's IT should be fired immediately. 4 days. Puhlease.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Since I've been bashing GP since the status match fiasco, I thought I'd give them kudos.

I just received an email with the same text as the OP. Combine that with the recorded message when you call, I don't think there's much more Hyatt could do to communictate this down time.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just read my e-mail on this subject and immediately came here to vent. Being completely down that long is beyond ridiculous. And the most absurd part was the following:

Any account activity accrued after December 12, 2015 will not be reflected on member’s account until the week of December 28, 2015. Members can be assured that any points earned during this time will be credited to their account. We appreciate your patience during this time.

They decide to pull this crap at the end of the year?????? I have 7 stays between Dec 12-31.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I will say, though, that their downtime is at an extremely inconvenient time. It's the Christmas/New Years holiday. Many people are traveling and looking to book hotels during this time of year for the holidays and/or football bowl games. A better time to go down might have been like the middle of March.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I will say, though, that their downtime is at an extremely inconvenient time. It's the Christmas/New Years holiday. Many people are traveling and looking to book hotels during this time of year for the holidays and/or football bowl games. A better time to go down might have been like the middle of March.
Any time would have been better than when they decided considering how longs stuff is going to be out of commission.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:26 pm

Try over SIXTEEN DAYS when things won't be working right:
Exactly, that is beyond inexcusable, not to mention a massive inconvenience to those of us with stay activity during the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.