Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: solewalker
On Thursday, November 19 at 12:43 PM EST, @HyattConcierge sent the following tweet via the Twitter social media platform:

"Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk."

12:43 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667397894987767808
2:55 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667431140815450112

Q: What was offered by Hyatt Gold Passport?
A: Hyatt Gold Passport offered a status match for qualifying elite status in qualifying hotel loyalty programs to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This status level remains valid through the end of February 2017.

Q: Which hotel loyalty programs? Which elite status level?
A: As of Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that requests with proof of elite status with almost any hotel loyalty program were matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. It has been reported that Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, and others were matched to Hyatt Diamond.

After Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that only some top-tier elite status level in some hotel loyalty programs were being matched, for example Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Platinum. There is no supporting evidence that any sort of cut-off date/time was implemented in actual denials. However, this is most likely due to the fact that requests made after the cut-off date/time have not yet been processed (refer to the "How long will it take" question below).

There are a number of reports that indicate being told by Hyatt representatives that there was a cut-off date/time and that the current status match is for SPG Platinum members only.

It seems there have been varied reports around what elite status and hotel loyalty program qualified, which ones didn't qualify, which level of Hyatt Gold Password was matched to, etc. More information should be available on November 24 when it is expected that the cut-off date/time is processed and the wiki will be updated as we have some additional reports roll in.

As always, YMMV.

Q: How does this differ from the previous Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offers?
A: The requirements for the current status match were: 1) proof of elite status with a qualifying hotel loyalty program and 2) proof of ONE stay during this calendar year. This is an outright status match not a status challenge.

Q: How long will it take for the status match to be applied?
A: As of November 24 at 1:30 AM EST, it appears that they have reviewed requests made up to around November 20 at 11:30 AM EST. The initial response was "within 48 hours," but that has since been extended to "within 14 days." Based on reports, it appears that requests are being processed on the weekends and late into the evenings (author note: my status match was processed at 1:30 AM EST).

Q: If I am matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond level, will I receive the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards?
A: Yes. As with any Diamond member, you will receive four DSU awards within one to two business days. These will expire at the end of February 2016. You can attach these to future reservations - past February 2016 - as long as they are used prior to their expiration - changes to the reservation may result in the loss of the expired DSU though. You will receive an additional four DSU awards next year for use by early March 2016 which will expire February 28, 2017. This is no different than any other Diamond member.

Q: If I currently have Diamond status, will Hyatt extend my status an additional year?
A: No. Hyatt is not offering extensions on existing Diamond status. Once again, this is based on reports from the community, so YMMV. Anything is possible if you ask; nothing is possible if you do not ask.

Q: If I previously attained Diamond level status through a Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offer, am I eligible for the current status match offer?
A: As long as you are not currently a Diamond member and meet the other qualifications, it appears you will be eligible for this offer. Previous status challenges should not affect this offer.

Q: Why would Hyatt make this kind of offer?
A: While the reasons can only be discussed as hypothetical situations, the recently announced acquisition of Starwood Hotels by Marriott Hotels and the subsequent disgruntled reaction from many SPG elite members most likely played a role. However, this is unconfirmed and merely speculation.

Q: I missed this promotion before. Is this promotion still active? If so, how do I request a status match?
A: At this time, there is no evidence to suggest the promotion has ended. To request the status match, email [email protected] with a screenshot of 1) proof of your current elite status level with a competing hotel loyalty program AND 2) proof of at least one stay during the current calendar year AND 3) your Hyatt GP membership number.

NOTE: It appears that only new requests from SPG Platinum members will receive the Diamond status match. This does not mean you should not try if you have some other type of status, but you should expect the request to be declined. Again, "YMMV" applies.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I just sent over a screenshot from my Hilton account showing I was a diamond and my past few stays.

From what I read on another blog they will match Hilton Gold or MR gold to Hyatt diamond as well. I can see why a Hyatt Plat. who has the status through Hyatt activity and not through a credit would be upset if someone that has Hilton Gold through a credit card and stays at Hilton only a few times a year is getting better benefits than they are and you can get MR gold by being 1K on United and SPG gold with an Am Ex Plat.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
No problem with them bringing top level elites as long as those levels offer similar benefits, however, being cryptic about it via DM's in twitter is not the right way to do this. On the other hand, most of us probably got diamond via a challenge and then decided to continue keeping diamond the conventional way. A straight up match is a bit of a slap to multi-year diamonds.
Yup, well said. slap..slap! The sad thing is that I don't have any other programs to move.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:32 pm

this is the easiest way to become diamond. My guess is there will be a lot of current unhappy diamonds..
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
this is the easiest way to become diamond. My guess is there will be a lot of current unhappy diamonds..
Your guess is accurate.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Man... I have 2 DSUs left!!! These new diamonds each will receive 4 DSUs and will now compete with me especially since its expiring in 3months !!!!!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just shot the DM via Twitter. Awaiting response. Never stayed at Hyatt before. If they match, I'll give them a chance in 2 weeks. Will be interesting.

Smart timing on their part... with all the Starwood folks nervous after the merger announcement.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just shot the DM via Twitter. Awaiting response. Never stayed at Hyatt before. If they match, I'll give them a chance in 2 weeks. Will be interesting.

Smart timing on their part... with all the Starwood folks nervous after the merger announcement.
Already emailed them screenshot of my SPG Plat100 status and YTD previous stays. Crossing fingers :-)

Checked Marriott's hotel portfolio, I just can't see myself as a Marriott gurl...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:46 pm

Anyone try to get an extension on their expiring Hyatt Diamond status?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
They will probably have 5,000 emails by the morning and likely pull the plug. They have been pretty vague about the what and how ... meaning they can easily change their mind without any bad blood.
I think they'd be pretty happy to get 5,000 Starwood Platinums to join their program. That's the point of their offer.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:00 am

Being currently at 30QS/44QN with Hyatt and 72N with SPG (reaching for Plat75), I can't say that this past week has exactly been full of good news...

Still puzzled as to why the extreme variations in their status match/challenge policy. A bit of Jekyll & Hyde going on here I think, when other chains have been pretty consistent.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Man... I have 2 DSUs left!!! These new diamonds each will receive 4 DSUs and will now compete with me especially since its expiring in 3months !!!!!
the status match doesn't come with dsu's.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Thanks, would not mind moving back up to Diamond, miss those lounges and upgrade certs.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by frudd38
the status match doesn't come with dsu's.
Bull.... if they offer Diamond status until 2017 there will at least be DSU's on Feb 2016 and probably as soon as status is given as well.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by RTW1
Bull.... if they offer Diamond status until 2017 there will at least be DSU's on Feb 2016 and probably as soon as status is given as well.
I already got matched and don't have any dsu's. As for Feb 2016, then I wouldn't know would I?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
I already got matched and don't have any dsu's. As for Feb 2016, then I wouldn't know would I?
You wouldn't get them immediately. They would show up a couple of days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.