Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Can a DSU be use for the club ocean front corner suite, which seems better than the Pyramid Suite?

Also, if we have 3-year old and a 1/2 year old, do we have to buy extra 12,500 in points for each one of them, just one of them or no extra points needed?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:12 pm

No

Originally Posted by opus2002
Can a DSU be use for the club ocean front corner suite, which seems better than the Pyramid Suite?

Also, if we have 3-year old and a 1/2 year old, do we have to buy extra 12,500 in points for each one of them, just one of them or no extra points needed?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pointsloop
No
If you contact the property they will allow you to pay the difference between the Pyramid and Club corner to upgrade. Usually its under $50
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:07 pm

Of course availability dependent, but I'm curious if anyone has had success in advance of arrival , or even upon arrival upgrading Free night award (via Credit card) rooms form the basic category to a suite - via cash, etc.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by bubbabp
If you contact the property they will allow you to pay the difference between the Pyramid and Club corner to upgrade. Usually its under $50
Thanks. I tink the club corner is worth the upgrade, as I am not fond of two story hotel rooms.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:29 pm

does anyone know what standard room is in Ziva? Garden view or Ocean view? double or king? I tried to book the hotel over the phone, CS told me no stardard room available for my free nights.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mblue333
does anyone know what standard room is in Ziva? Garden view or Ocean view? double or king?....
King and Double are the same. It goes from Garden View->Resort View->Ocean View->Ocean Front. You need Garden View King or Double. Ocean View is the third category.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
King and Double are the same. It goes from Garden View->Resort View->Ocean View->Ocean Front. You need Garden View King or Double. Ocean View is the third category.
thanks for the quick answer! it seems like it's hard to get a garden view around Xmas time. anyone has experience with Priceline express deal? price from the express deal is quite decent for 2 ppl, but unfortunately we have a 4 yrs old going together, not sure how much we need to pay to add a kid to the room upon arrival.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Correct. The main building (pyramid) and the club tower were part of the Dreams resort and have been refurbished. The turquoize tower is brand new. At least per what staff told us.

We recently stayed in the turquoize tower. The room design is very similar to the new all-suite building at the Zilara Rose Hall. All rooms are approx. 700 sq.f. and there don't appear to be any premium suites in that tower.

While the price point is a little steeper, turquoize does indeed offer a premium experience and the rooms are IMHO nicer than the Zilara Cancun (including the presidential suites).

In general, we are not big fans of all-inclusive properties, but we found the F&B to be quite good. The beach front restaurant had pretty amazing tacos.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Does Ziva Cancun actually has three separate towers: Main, Club and Turquoize? Photos seem to show a high rise and a low rise towers.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:49 am

Has anyone been able to book with 25K points for two adults and a child(ren) under 3 year with no additional charge/points?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:36 pm

I was able to book a room for 2 adults and an 8 year old using the Hyatt Visa free nights with no extra points but the agents seemed unclear on it and i called several times until I got an agent who would let me make the booking.

This raises a question I have- has anyone taken kids here who used the Kids Club?

Last edited by trey; Oct 19, 2016 at 11:44 am
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by trey
I was able to book a room for 2 adults and an 8 year old using the Hyatt Visa free nights with no extra points but the agents seemed unclear on it and i called several times until I got an agent who would let me make the booking.

This raises a question I have- has anyone taken kids here who sued the Kids Club?
I have. And by sued I think you mean used.

We were at Ziva for a week in July and used the kids club twice. There is a max time limit (I can't remember 2 or 3 hours, but there was plenty of time to go eat at the no-kids French restaurant) and they give you a pager just in case. They have some activities, snacks, and crafts. There's also some video game consoles and a TV. I've seen them take the whole gang of kids up to the candy shop. There's also a small ~1ft deep pool/splash/slide area attached to the kids club that only kids from the kids club are allowed to use. There are windows of time for "family time" when parents can join their kids in the water area. Towels are provided there. At least when we were there, there was plenty of competent supervision (4 staff watching 10 kids).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:50 am

Anyone have success booking with Free Nights/Points

After doing extensive research and armed with knowledge, I called Hyatt to book a two night stay using my two newly awarded certificates at the Hyatt Ziva/Zilara. The first time I called, the representative was short, didn’t seem like she knew what she was doing. She stated that only “standard” rooms were available for award nights and upon checking for my dates, there were no standard rooms available. I asked her about point redemption, and she stated that It would not be available to book with points either.

Decided to HUCA. Another rep stated something similar. I figured maybe the standard room availability was booked for my dates so I asked her to look thorugh December. Still nothing. Then Januarary, February, March…etc. Nothing for all of next year. This seems so silly. What is the point of award nights if you can’t even use them.

I’ve seen others on other forums successfully use their award night for Hyatt Ziva/Zilara. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to talk to a different department than I have been? These award nights seem useless to me at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:52 am

I have had different agents tell me different things when i tried to book as you have. I would keep calling.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by trey
I have had different agents tell me different things when i tried to book as you have. I would keep calling.
So you've had success recently booking these?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.