Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coming in 2016: HR Bloomington MN, near MSP and MOA

Coming in 2016: HR Bloomington MN, near MSP and MOA

Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:32 pm

After unsuccessfully attempting to book a room for mid-February, GP customer service said hotel will accept reservations for stays on and after April 1, 2016.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by RMC500
After unsuccessfully attempting to book a room for mid-February, GP customer service said hotel will accept reservations for stays on and after April 1, 2016.
Website now says accepting reservations February 18.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Website now says accepting reservations February 18.
Yep, and the website seems to be fairly complete, although I don't recall seeing either lounge pictures or restaurant menus.

No opening special rates and no airport parking rates so far.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by XCstud
Any updated news on expected opening date and does anyone know what category this hotel will be? I will be in MSP for a night in mid-May and it is letting me book a room, but for a points booking it wants 2,147,483,647 points/night.

What happens if I reserve a room but the hotel opening slips? Am I on my own to find something else or does Hyatt arrange alternate accomodations?
They're still asking for these ridiculous numbers of points, for a random date very soon:

2,147,483,647 points (room with one king bed)

2,147,483,647 points + $50 points + cash (same room)

$159 + 2,147,483,647 points for a club upgrade with points (Regnecy Club King or Regency Club Queen)

What's disturbing is that I have a reservation using a special rate plan confirmed by email, but the reservation in my HGP account shows that the room was booked at the standard (Hyatt Daily) rate, which of course is higher. I hope I don't have a fight about the price at check in or check out.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Grand opening!

I'll be there opening night! Any locals interested in a drink or dinner to test out the restaurant?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I'll be there opening night! Any locals interested in a drink or dinner to test out the restaurant?
Do you mean this Thursday night, the 18th?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

BTW, they seem to be pricing it fairly aggressively (high) given its location.

So far, no airport parking packages. I'm hoping that their airport parking rates will be more attractive than what is usually offered by the nearby HP.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
Might be interesting to stop in for drink and say hello to them.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

I still can't get an answer from the hotel regarding what time they open to guests tomorrow or what are the hours for food in the lounge. Their phone just goes into voicemail after listening to recorded messages.

However, according to the Hyatt website, they're still selling rooms for tomorrow (and not earlier), including club level, so I guess tomorrow is the official opening day.

ADDED:It's interesting that my confirmation says that checkout time is noon (but as usual I get 4 pm as a Diamond) while the hotel's website says 11 am. This could lead to some interesting discussions between guests and the front desk.

ADDED AGAIN: I just received some information that their club lounge won't be open until sometime next week. This is despite the fact that the Hyatt website is still selling club rooms for $20 more than the same size and type of room without the club designation, both for tomorrow night and for a random date several weeks in the future (which implies that $20 is their standard upcharge for club level rooms, at least for the first few months).

Diamonds will apparently get breakfast in the Urbana Craft Kitchen and Market, where it looks to me like Urbana whatever is the name of their restaurant (local cuisine) which the Market is a grab and go place.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 17, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Micro DO here on opening night?

A couple of us have mentioned the possibility of meeting here tomorrow night, their opening night, for a drink and/or some food, time to be determined.

Please PM me if you're interested.

ADDED: I just talked to someone with the hotel and the bar should be open until midnight tomorrow. The restaurant (Urbana) and the Market are both supposed to close at 10 pm every night.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 17, 2016 at 4:55 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

There was a little opening ceremony this afternoon with cake and champagne.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:41 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Since this property has now opened - and there is a review located at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html . I'll lock this thread for housekeeping purposes. Please continue discussions in the referenced thread. Thaniks!!

Peteropny - Co-Mod - Hyatt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.