Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HOLY MOLY!!! Hyatt in talks to buy SPG (SPECULATION - Marriott buying SPG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOLY MOLY!!! Hyatt in talks to buy SPG (SPECULATION - Marriott buying SPG)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I really like Hyatts, but their footprint is too small for my stay patterns.
Small footprint equals a company that tries harder to retain loyalty.

Maybe some of us are lunatics, but when was the last time anybody really cared when a new Marriott or even W/St Regus opened, whereas a new Park Hyatt has us looking for a window in our schedules and flights.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Maybe some of us are lunatics, but when was the last time anybody really cared when a new Marriott or even W/St Regus opened, whereas a new Park Hyatt has us looking for a window in our schedules and flights.
I was very interested when the Ritz-Carlton Okinawa and Kyoto were announced...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Perhaps it has you looking in your schedules because there just aren't that many of them

Back when I primarily stayed in NYC, SF, etc, Hyatts were no brainers to stay at & I enjoyed them (especially liked the FFN aspect of the program). But I stay in a lot of cities (including European ones) where Hyatts are MIA. Hyatt can try all it wants to retain loyalty but if they're not where I stay it's irrelevant. And I say that as someone who was very fond of Hyatts & am still fond of Hyatt, just acknowledging it doesn't meet my current needs.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Perhaps it has you looking in your schedules because there just aren't that many of them

Back when I primarily stayed in NYC, SF, etc, Hyatts were no brainers to stay at & I enjoyed them (especially liked the FFN aspect of the program). But I stay in a lot of cities (including European ones) where Hyatts are MIA. Hyatt can try all it wants to retain loyalty but if they're not where I stay it's irrelevant. And I say that as someone who was very fond of Hyatts & am still fond of Hyatt, just acknowledging it doesn't meet my current needs.

Cheers. Sharon
There are plenty of mind blowing Hyatt properties in Europe. Paris and Milan for starters.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

+1 @:-)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
This thread appears to be wandering all over the place. As we all know the Marriott/Starwood deal is done. We can end the speculation on Hyatt.

If members would like to continue the discussion about the future of Hyatt please start a new thread.

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.